IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

24 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Ska Junkie - I am forever in your debt. Christmas has come early.

So in the sit-com who will play Dopey, and who will play The Delusionist?

Is Bob Carolgees still alive..? He'd probably be suitably comfortable with most of the role. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

3-4000 they were confidently predicting a couple of weeks back. 

Funny how they suddenly show some interest for cup matches at big grounds they rarely visit but only manage a meagre 400 or so when visiting Bradford and Bury.

Only 8000 of them again at home last Saturday. God knows why they insist on bringing up attendances all the time?

we'll have at least 11k more then that figure on saturday

41 minutes ago, Super said:

I see they are creaming themselves over the thought of them taking more to Wolves next week than we will tomorrow.

lympstonegas
Fans' Favourite
4 hours ago
God I hope they lose as well after they spawned a result v Reading. A bigger away following and a good result or one on par would wipe the smile off their smug faces

What a complete mug, typifying the mentality of your average sag head
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RedRaw said:
lympstonegas
Fans' Favourite
4 hours ago
God I hope they lose as well after they spawned a result v Reading. A bigger away following and a good result or one on par would wipe the smile off their smug faces

You can tell it means so much to little turds like that one.

Only £10 a ticket they're paying as well.

On 9/8/2017 at 15:22, richwwtk said:

If they did go bust, which would be greeted with much merriment (in my household at least), then a phoenix club would no doubt be formed and start playing in the Western Counties league or somesuch.

What I would then be struggling with is how to feel about that phoenix club. Would I wish them success as fans trying to do the right thing? Or would I still see them as bristol rovers and wish nothing but misery on the side, hoping they got stuffed by Almondsbury U16's or the like every week?

I just can't decide for certain, but at the moment am coming down on the side of wishing them misery still....

Trouble with that is that the Pheonix club would need to find somewhere to play...almost certain that they'd be licking their lips at planning an assault on Ding's new ground in Frenchay before stealing it from them in a few years time!  Let the ******* rot, I say.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Since they last played Wolves at Molineux in 1992 we've been there 11 times  :laughcont:

Can't believe this as well, they've only played Wolves 14 times in their entire history! Games involving us and Wolves? Tomorrow night will be the 66th meeting between the two clubs!

And that sums up the difference between the two clubs,wolves away is a bid  deal for them,just another championship game for us,watch out they're coming for us mind, tick tock.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Since they last played Wolves at Molineux in 1992 we've been there 11 times  :laughcont:

Can't believe this as well, they've only played Wolves 14 times in their entire history! Games involving us and Wolves? Tomorrow night will be the 66th meeting between the two clubs!

Yeh but when was the last time we played the mighty Kidderminster Town or Alfreton? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:
lympstonegas
Fans' Favourite
4 hours ago

1500 sold. Blood crap that is for £10.00 a ticket and having not played them in yonks.

23 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah. Tbf though we have only sold over 470 for tomorrow night which again is poor. Think we took 800 odd the last time we played them on a tuesday.

It is molyneaux, that's a place you only go once, I'm surprised anyone's going, I'd never go back there it's like life on Mars 

Oh Dear 1http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10687/mem-preliminary-talks-started

Perhaps this is just a warning to our "friends" at the UWE that the club is serious about Plan B, in the hope they come back to us with a better deal? 

Oh Dear 2http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10677/fan-ejections A reasonable opening post, but then excuses given for those who were ejected.

27 minutes ago, 22A said:

Perhaps this is just a warning to our "friends" at the UWE that the club is serious about Plan B, in the hope they come back to us with a better deal? 

Oh Dear 2http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10677/fan-ejections A reasonable opening post, but then excuses given for those who were ejected.

I see our friend from Henbury is addling his own little brain again.

On the one hand it was only 'alleged' racist language and on the other "the gentleman in question is from the old school and does not see anything wrong about using the same language that was acceptable in the 1970's".    

Our friend from Henbury hopes the club will provide him with some education (effectively admitting that it wasn't alleged at all but did actually take place, thus contradicting himself).

There's also this bizarre defence that the gentleman in question has done a lot of good works for others - predominantly white, Bristolian R*vers fans by the looks of things.  In the mind of our friend from Henbury, philanthropy and racism obviously can not be mutually exclusive.  

"I Understand our chairperson had a meeting with our Mayor of Bristol"

:facepalm: Stated as if this was some sort of positive news!

You mean the same major who to date has achieved absolutely nothing since he has been in power other than successfully organising a protest against government austerity policy at the same time as going cap in hand with a plan to spend 5 billion quid on an underground system!

Wanting someone else to pay for a pie-in-the-sky project.......Ol' Marvin must be a gashead 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 22A said:

It took 4 post's for someone to blame us.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 22A said:

I have to admit id be on the weed and be pissed if i had to put myself through watching 90 minutes of that rabble!

23 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Sorry Bert - did you mean sell off the ground rather than the club?

That's mad.

Current position is:

Ground valued at £11m

Loan from Dwane Sports now c. £9m secured against it and accruing interest at 6% - so currently over half a million a year.

Land for training ground c. £1m

If the ground is sold for the £11m today then the loan is repaid.  This leaves:

£2m cash

The annual losses are running at c. £1.3m before interest and before paying any rent to play at the now sold ground (assuming they still can) so say ?£0.3m to rent it at a 3% return.

After one year:

£0.4m cash

Atfer two years:

-£0.2m overdraft

Training ground sold.

Hmmm... this looks like a cracking plan  :facepalm:

Selling the land for development I think Eddie, apparently Rovers need more Lebensraum.

in Stephen Hamster's statement to the Bristol Post today he talks about stadium redevelopment and says "I really hope that progresses" followed by  "if it is The Memorial Stadium to be improved". I don't think you could get a clearer indication that the plan has changed again. He also says some fans like The Mem but they have to realise "you have to move on and make it better" but that sounded to me as if the "make it better" bit was an add on for effect. And then he used the example of Brentford to say that sometimes you have to accept a reduced capacity.

A cynic may conclude that The Mem is to be sold to pay back the loan and the people he was talking to were from the local authorities who were being begged to provide Rovers with a modest stadium of limited capacity so that we still have somewhere to play.  

• Like 2