IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Red34 said:

To be fair I'd struggle to do his job.

Having to find something positive to say about them?!

"Umm, the Mem might make a nice supermarket?  Not a posh one though, a Lidl or something..."

"Their owner has a very nice tracksuit although we're not sure why he's got one..."

And I'm out :blink:

True; it's like being the PR Man for Hannibal Lecter!

Professionalism. 

That's the word I want to scream when I have to talk to a Gashead. 

City:

* Proper training facilities with potential upgrade coming soon

* A proper stadium that looks amazing - and when our move fell through Lansdown already had designs, planning permission and exactly how he was going to fund it already in place. That's a proper businessman - you have back up plans 

* Well respected in the city and surrounding areas, with academic institutions and local authorities actually happy to work with us

* Part of a large sports franchise that isn't just advertised on billboards deep in Rovers territory but is part of a global company's nationwide radio campaign. Also has the Foundation working with schools and the community and the team appearing at the Balloon Fiesta etc

* Actually rich owner - the stadium, his old firm and the rich lists all prove it

Rovers 

* A field somewhere - the fence hasn't been paid for and they've not got planning permission yet despite their current training ground having been sold by its owners

* Some tents, patio furniture and a condemned pasty hut. The UWE "fell through" / couldn't be afforded with no plan B in sight let alone with planning permission or funding 

* Burned bridges with UWE, their local community, Sainsburys, anyone they've ground shared with and any contractors they've not paid

* They've appointed a used car salesman as commercial director. Oh and Santa's Grotto. Never forget that

* Their owner has only spent money he's secured against their home, appears to have no wealth from the family beyond that backing him and his wealth seems to be forever out of the reach of Rovers. He also wears tracksuits with his initials on despite never playing as he saw it on TV dramas and thought it looked cool 

Even ignoring the more-than-double attendances, we're not even in the same universe. We're professional and professionally managed - they're just tinpot...

PS: And before a Rovers fan says "but you're obsessed with us" my grandparents and family spent all they had on shares in 82 to save the club, and watched Rovers fans denigrate us and try to block any attempts to help us. So I'll hate them till I die and foster this hatred in the next generation too! :gasmask:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Could and should have been avoided by managing the way the failure to deliver UWE was presented.

I was far from convinced by Hamer from day 1, the way he dealt with the first crisis confirmed my worst fears, Wael was also caught off guard and didn't handle it well.

This is when you find out who you are dealing with, not when Lee Brown wins promotion in the last minute of the season and Wael gets carried shoulder high down Gloucester Rd, it's when things go wrong. UWE was the first big test, it didn't go so well, now we have this random assortment of thoughts thrown together by Hamer. It's beginning to unravel off the field. Wael takings the p... Out of us.

with all his so called friends in high places could not even get one investors.

Need to hold Q&E night.

Questions

1 you and your family in it for long term 

2 why did you and hammer not know your brother pulled out of UWE

3 why no backup plain in place

4 why no investment from your own family 

5 if we need ten thousand at home games how long until we run out of money 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

4 why no investment from your own family 

5 if we need ten thousand at home games how long until we run out of money 

4. Is the key one and the answer will come in March, if not before with current gates, when the loan facility secured against the ground will be fully drawn at which point they will need to put their own money at risk.

Currently their only skin in the game is the amount they paid for the club.

I'm not expecting the club to go "pop" in March; they can put a charge on the land for the training ground to take them through to the end of the season but a buyer then has to be found as you then have a club with zero net assets losing c. £1.3m a year and they would have to put their own money at risk to keep it going. And there seems to be big reluctance to do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

4. Is the key one and the answer will come in March, if not before with current gates, when the loan facility secured against the ground will be fully drawn at which point they will need to put their own money at risk.

Currently their only skin in the game is the amount they paid for the club.

I'm not expecting the club to go "pop" in March; they can put a charge on the land for the training ground to take them through to the end of the season but a buyer then has to be found as you then have a club with zero net assets losing c. £1.3m a year and they would have to put their own money at risk to keep it going. And there seems to be big reluctance to do that.

Wonder if the old directors are actually being paid from the club itself?  Using the credit facility to pay for the takeover, in the way the Glazers loaded Man U up with debt?

And think Bert Tann or someone mentioned the Colony being registered to Dwane Colony Ltd - if Dwane Sports are already the owners of it I doubt they'll want to put a charge on it...

Think January will be very interesting - if they're selling Bodin "because he won't sign a new contract" (but in reality to cover the bills) and the Colony hasn't started to be built then maybe, finally, even their more deluded fans might think something is up.

I noticed the old planning permission for the Colony did include some conversion to residential property - do you think Hamer's Post interview where he mentions 30 acres repeatedly is to butter R*vers fans up?

http://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=constraints&keyVal=NQUUHTOK0C500

"We're using half - only half honest! - for housing to get the investors on board.  We're just starting the houses first because..."

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sniper said:

Not this ******* bellend again! Freddy Krueger's love child.

One, Two we're coming for you :laugh: ......... don't ******* think so you deluded bunch of black teethed, denim washed, dandruff flicking *********!

You Forgot horse Punching Inbreeds mate! :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red34 said:

Wonder if the old directors are actually being paid from the club itself?  Using the credit facility to pay for the takeover, in the way the Glazers loaded Man U up with debt?

And think Bert Tann or someone mentioned the Colony being registered to Dwane Colony Ltd - if Dwane Sports are already the owners of it I doubt they'll want to put a charge on it...

Think January will be very interesting - if they're selling Bodin "because he won't sign a new contract" (but in reality to cover the bills) and the Colony hasn't started to be built then maybe, finally, even their more deluded fans might think something is up.

I noticed the old planning permission for the Colony did include some conversion to residential property - do you think Hamer's Post interview where he mentions 30 acres repeatedly is to butter R*vers fans up?

http://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=constraints&keyVal=NQUUHTOK0C500

"We're using half - only half honest! - for housing to get the investors on board.  We're just starting the houses first because..."

A quick change of the memo and articles, flog off the playing side for a nominal sum, and bingo:  Bristol Rovers Property Development Company Limited.

In a nod to the company's origins in football they could name some of the streets after ex players and managers.

Tillson Terrace

Bradford Boulevard

Dog Botherer's Drive

Holloway's Hostel

26 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

A quick change of the memo and articles, flog off the playing side for a nominal sum, and bingo:  Bristol Rovers Property Development Company Limited.

In a nod to the company's origins in football they could name some of the streets after ex players and managers.

Tillson Terrace

Bradford Boulevard

Dog Botherer's Drive

Holloway's Hostel

They could also steel the lloyds bank horse logo as their emblem 

I've also had a quick gander at where this 6% came from.  Whilst it's not disclosed if you look at their interest payments y/e 30 June 2016 they are a whopping £435k.  Simple average loan balance is £7.5m so that's 5.8% which is probably 6% given the crudeness of a simple average calculation.

Bearing in mind that this was 15 months' ago it's not going to look any better now.

2015/16 loss was £2.9m but there are two big adjustments in this:

• Write off of capitalised costs £2.3m
  • Interest waived on previous bonds shown as income £0.6m

So the underlying loss is (2.9) + 2.3 - 0.6 = £1.2m or £0.8m before that big interest charge.

With all the legal fees for the failed UWE you can push that underlying loss to at least £1.0m for y/e June 17 and add another £0.5m of interest.

Loan balance is trickier as it's showing at £7.2m but with £1.4m of payments made on account that didn't exist in the prior year; some of which will translate into debt.

Minimum loan at 30 June 2017 is  7.2 + 1.0 (loss 16/17) + 0.5 (interest) = £8.7m, porbably higher.

This leaves at most £1.3m undrawn which is insufficient to meet the losses and interest for the current season (£1.6m); hence my pencilling in March as a backstop date when the Al Qs have either to sell the club, sell some of its assets (Bert suggested that the ground was up for sale) or actually put some of their own money at risk unsecured to complete the season.

Interesting times.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've also had a quick gander at where this 6% came from.  Whilst it's not disclosed if you look at their interest payments y/e 30 June 2016 they are a whopping £435k.  Simple average loan balance is £7.5m so that's 5.8% which is probably 6% given the crudeness of a simple average calculation.

Bearing in mind that this was 15 months' ago it's not going to look any better now.

2015/16 loss was £2.9m but there are two big adjustments in this:

• Write off of capitalised costs £2.3m
  • Interest waived on previous bonds shown as income £0.6m

So the underlying loss is (2.9) + 2.3 - 0.6 = £1.2m or £0.8m before that big interest charge.

With all the legal fees for the failed UWE you can push that underlying loss to at least £1.0m for y/e June 17 and add another £0.5m of interest.

Loan balance is trickier as it's showing at £7.2m but with £1.4m of payments made on account that didn't exist in the prior year; some of which will translate into debt.

Minimum loan at 30 June 2017 is  7.2 + 1.0 (loss 16/17) + 0.5 (interest) = £8.7m, porbably higher.

This leaves at most £1.3m undrawn which is insufficient to meet the losses and interest for the current season (£1.6m); hence my pencilling in March as a backstop date when the Al Qs have either to sell the club, sell some of its assets (Bert suggested that the ground was up for sale) or actually put some of their own money at risk unsecured to complete the season.

Interesting times.   

No way is that sustainable, not without an injection of cash.

If the assets are already being held as security, the ground unable to generate sufficient revenue to get them to a breakeven position and crippling interest being paid on loans then they either have to defer loan interest or hope Wally is able to open the piggy bank and find some new cash to invest.

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:43, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Is this what they mean by a Championship-ready sprinklers system?

sprinklers.thumb.png.b5f8e3aa0357639257a86cba605a4c26.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNyoYyVaBvs

He's only a poor little gashead

His tent is all tattered and torn

Wally's got zip, so it continues to drip

And now he ain't dry anymore

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

No way is that sustainable, not without an injection of cash.

If the assets are already being held as security, the ground unable to generate sufficient revenue to get them to a breakeven position and crippling interest being paid on loans then they either have to defer loan interest or hope Wally is able to open the piggy bank and find some new cash to invest.

That is where the big/biggest problem lies. 

Who is going to be willing to pour their own money down a drain hole that doesn't Average their break even attendance figure & hasn't done for best part of half a century..?!

My guess is Wally will not be that saviour. 

It's ok though, they can sit there claiming that SL is really a gashead, if it softens the blow of their demise! 

• Haha 1