IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Looks like the new commercial director only got the job because he is as obsessed about the gap as all the other sad f*ckers over there ...

Bristol Rovers' new commercial director on the rivalry with Bristol City

'We will look try close that gap a little bit.'

gorringeedit.jpg

"So I’m really looking forward to hopefully meeting them on the pitch, off the pitch and there’s no reason why we can’t meet with them directly – we will look to try close that gap a little bit.”

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-new-commercial-director-482573

Man at C & A....

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Looks like the new commercial director only got the job because he is as obsessed about the gap as all the other sad f*ckers over there ...

gorringeedit.jpg

"So I’m really looking forward to hopefully meeting them on the pitch, off the pitch and there’s no reason why we can’t meet with them directly – we will look to try close that gap a little bit.”

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-new-commercial-director-482573

Usual Post utter ******* drivel. Trying to pretend they are in some way in our league.

Have a read of Jack Vittles interview with Dopey today, absolute comedy gold, especially questions like "how delighted are you with the tickets you've sold for Wigan away?" and Dopey's quote that we have got to compete with clubs with "massive infrastructure" like "Rotherham", yes, Rotherham and their 12,000 seat stadium.

******* massive, you complete cock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Usual Post utter ******* drivel. Trying to pretend they are in some way in our league.

Have a read of Jack Vittles interview with Dopey today, absolute comedy gold, especially questions like "how delighted are you with the tickets you've sold for Wigan away?" and Dopey's quote that we have got to compete with clubs with "massive infrastructure" like "Rotherham", yes, Rotherham and their 12,000 seat stadium.

******* massive, you complete cock.

I get your point and it still stands, but as it goes Rotherham's 12,000 seater stadium is extremely smart. Unlike the 12,000 capacity 'stadium' in Bristol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I get your point and it still stands, but as it goes Rotherham's 12,000 seater stadium is extremely smart. Unlike the 12,000 capacity 'stadium' in Bristol

Agreed, it is a really good example of a club building a sensible new stadium (£17m, apparently) but it is certainly not evidence of a "massive infrastructure", is it? Baffled as to why Dopey didn't mention MK, now that is a big ground..

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agreed, it is a really good example of a club building a sensible new stadium (£17m, apparently) but it is certainly not evidence of a "massive infrastructure", is it? Baffled as to why Dopey didn't mention MK, now that is a big ground..

And if they built one like that they would be just like them, struggling to fill a third of it and getting outsung by the large away support every other week.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

And if they built one like that they would be just like them, struggling to fill a third of it and getting outsung by the large away support every other week.

As opposed to struggling to fill 2 thirds of their own shithole and getting outsung by small away support every other week..?!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

gorringeedit.jpg

I've got older socks.

He looks wet behind the ears. Bloody leaky tents.

• Haha 3

I'm home alone tonight as my wonderful other half is in London for the weekend, only fools and horses is just finishing on UK gold, there is no Taggart on "Drama" so I"m fecked" so what do I do for entertainment? Come on the Rovers thread of course, I love it, "the gift" keeps me going

7 hours ago, Swede said:

Where's the white plastic garden chairs?

I suspect Wally thought they'd be better placed in the boardroom.

There's 3 visible in the background, between his right ear and the goal pole. I presume the others blew away in the windy conditions the other night.

It never rains....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

gorringeedit.jpg

They must have the campest badge in the football league.

(Appropriate, given how much canvas they have)

Edited by Juan Kerr
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

gorringeedit.jpg

Bristol Post article about them which still manages to make  our badge more prominent and in front of theirs. Love it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

gorringeedit.jpg

BOTH jacket buttons done up!  Well, really!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juan Kerr said:

They must have the campest badge in the football league.

(Appropriate, given how much canvas they have)

That really is a good spot Juan. The pirate has his hand on his hip, an effeminate type earring, some extremely strange footwear, and looks to be trying to "poke" someone with what could well be a "pork sword".

Just sayin like... :shifty:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BS3City said:

That really is a good spot Juan. The pirate has his hand on his hip, an effeminate type earring, some extremely strange footwear, and looks to be trying to "poke" someone with what could well be a "pork sword".

Makes Julian Clary look like Conan The Barbarian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Or possibly a mutton dagger.

• Haha 1

Little Ollie, the Rovers pundit for Geoff Twentyman, just suggested we would be laughing because it took him 6 and a half hours to get to Wigan and the M5 is closed for his journey back. 

Ollie, tell your dad, we understand.  We all started off with a car like yours. Is it an Allegro? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Little Ollie, the Rovers pundit for Geoff Twentyman, just suggested we would be laughing because it took him 6 and a half hours to get to Wigan and the M5 is closed for his journey back. 

Ollie, tell your dad, we understand.  We all started off with a car like yours. Is it an Allegro? 

Ollie's not jolly, he's sad and he's glum.

Should have supported the City you silly wee twerp.

22 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Bristol Rovers' new comedy director on the rivalry with Bristol City

gorringeedit.jpg

Fixed that!

• Haha 2