IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Urban myth

9 hours ago, Fiale said:

always makes me laugh - when I ever hear it I always ask if they actually ever watched it.

I'm pretty sure the charchters Seaman Stains & Roger the Cabin boy were genuinely in it. 

In fairness, I've not watched it since I was old enough to find the anomaly in the names. 

45 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm pretty sure the charchters Seaman Stains & Roger the Cabin boy were genuinely in it. 

In fairness, I've not watched it since I was old enough to find the anomaly in the names. 

Sadly not, it would have been a little funny if the BBC had managed to air thus unknowingly. The author of the cartoon even won libel damages from a lot of sources who printed the stories over the years including the Mirror, Sun and Guardian

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Will Wolves do a Spurs on Ragass Rovers tonight ? 

If they play like they did against us it could be embarrassing for them.

:laughcont:

Would be good, unfortunately Major, I think Wolves will bench their top players tonight, the worst thing the Gas can do is go in 1-0 up at half time...

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.. The Wolves.

Gotta ring to it..

Edited by B1ackbird
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Sadly not, it would have been a little funny if the BBC had managed to air thus unknowingly. The author of the cartoon even won libel damages from a lot of sources who printed the stories over the years including the Mirror, Sun and Guardian

How disappointing! 

36 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Uh oh they're back to their "we can't stand being PC" rants where they get very, very close to racism...

Sorry did I say close?  I meant well past it, decency isn't even in the rear view mirror any more.

Classy bunch, such a family club :blink:

I'm not in the slightest bit for the PC side of modern life, BUT there is a massive difference in using a general term, which whilst it might be a little outdated and can be mistakenly taken as offensive, is an entirely different kettle of fish to putting posts on Facebook, calling your own players "black cnuts" because they had a penalty saved!! 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Will Wolves do a Spurs on Ragass Rovers tonight ? 

If they play like they did against us it could be embarrassing for them.

:laughcont:

Slightly off topic, I've just been checking the odds for Man City v Crystal Palace this weekend........9-0 at 500/1 looks tempting 

edit ...or Wolves to win 8-0 tonight @ 500/1 

Edited by myol'man

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not in the slightest bit for the PC side of modern life, BUT there is a massive difference in using a general term, which whilst it might be a little outdated and can be mistakenly taken as offensive, is an entirely different kettle of fish to putting posts on Facebook, calling your own players "black cnuts" because they had a penalty saved!! 

Agreed - I just laugh at how their lot always manage to descend from discussing whether finding a general term offensive quickly descends into listing their preferred insults and why they're not offensive until the thread gets closed :laugh:

And yeah that Facebook post was beyond parody, even for them!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I did wonder if that was who it was - expect they've blanked that day from actually happening

Well, they still bang on about Dean Lardass, so let's not them forget 3rd May 2014 :gasmask:

21   Northampton 46 -15 53
22   Wycombe 46 -8 50

23   Bristol Rovers 46 -11 50
24   Torquay 46 -24 45
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

anyone seen this belter?

apparently UWE can't go ahead with plans funded by  new consotium to build a stadium on the land UWE own as Bristol Rovers have copy righted the plans,

Im pretty sure UWE can build whatever the **** they like on the land they own which has planning permission granted 

about an hour ago via Tapatalk
Post Options

Post by Topper Gas on about an hour ago

newblue Avatar
peterparker Avatar

what due diligence would that be

There is no (and never has been) and deal with UWE. Any new consortium would be starting negotiations from scratch.

Read the post again -  "Perhaps" a tongue in cheek statement in the unlikely event that anything is going on. BUT and a very big BUT any "new consortium" as you put it, IMO would want a 'nailed down' understanding of what UWE are looking for wrt to a partnership for the stadium BEFORE making any overtures to the Club about a possible takeover. Unlikely to happen IMO but I thought 3 months ago we were 'nailed on' to achieving a workable deal with UWE with the current owners and where are we now - back to square one - where we were six years ago.

Even if a new consortium existed they would need the club's permission to speak to the UWE about the stadium plans, they can't just get the OK from the UWE to do Due Diligence when they don't single handily own the plans themselves. 
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Well, they still bang on about Dean Lardass, so let's not them forget 3rd May 2014 :gasmask:

21   Northampton 46 -15 53
22   Wycombe 46 -8 50

23   Bristol Rovers 46 -11 50
24   Torquay 46 -24 45

:clap:

For all the banter over the years of Bristol football. This will never be beaten. NLBR never forget it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Would be good, unfortunately Major, I think Wolves will bench their top players tonight, the worst thing the Gas can do is go in 1-0 up at half time...

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.. The Wolves.

Gotta ring to it..

Ahh. Another classic old chant resurfaces.

After that Spurs game, the East End used to remind the other stands of the score by going, "1,2 - 3,4,5 - 6,7,8,9, Tottenham."

• Like 1