IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

44 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:
yategas78
Fans' Favourite
9 hours ago
harleygas likes this
The sh**e are the biggest sports franchise better stadium loads of dodgy cash behind them BUT Rovers are the best club with the better manager and by far the best and most loyal fans I grew up in South Bristol surrounded by Teds most of my close mates were Teds but thank goodness I ended up a GASHEAD!
Look at this beauty. What is he 9 . 

By far the most loyal?

Only 5k STs sold on the back of their best season since 2000

8k at home in L1

300 odd to Bradford, 500 to Bury...both on Saturdays. 

:facepalm:

We sold 9000 STs on the back of relegation to L1 after the worst season I can remember in the 30 years I've been supporting City.

We've spent most of the last two seasons struggling at the wrong end of the Championship table....they've been challenging for promotion each year, visiting grounds like Pompey, Plymouth, Swindon, Oxford, Coventry, MK, Walsall, Charlton, Millwall etc in those seasons and they still don't average more away from home than us. 

It was only a couple of weeks ago someone posted a thread on Slagchat asking Gasheads to provide stats to prove their away support is better than ours and the best they could come up with was "uhh Dean Windass huh huh huh" and stuff about 1982 for some reason? So basically they've got nothing....

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Always happy to oblige ...

Csd0jHrWgAAcuDy.jpg

I heard that Rovers weren't at this years Freshers. Apparently Rovers wanted to buy the ground under the table but UWE only said they could rent it. Rovers didn't like that so they went home mumbling about 'Teds' or something...

2 hours ago, Lita For Congo said:

I've stumbled on a treasure chest here. Jesus Christ they are such a weird fanbase. 

IMG_1179.PNG

When Teds go undercover... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

By far the most loyal?

8k at home in L1

We sold 9000 STs on the back of relegation to L1 after the worst season I can remember in the 30 years I've been supporting City.

We've spent most of the last two seasons struggling at the wrong end of the Championship table....they've been challenging for promotion each year, visiting grounds like Pompey, Plymouth, Swindon, Oxford, Coventry, MK, Walsall, Charlton, Millwall etc in those seasons and they still don't average more away from home than us. 

It was only a couple of weeks ago someone posted a thread on Slagchat asking Gasheads to provide stats to prove their away support is better than ours and the best they could come up with was "uhh Dean Windass huh huh huh" and stuff about 1982 for some reason? So basically they've got nothing....

and thats only because we had 3 stands at the time

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

By far the most loyal?

8k at home in L1

Pffft, stats!

What about the thousands locked out?

What about those who started off for the game only to end up in police custody awaiting banning orders.

Banning Orders + Locked Out Supporters = More  loyal and faithful and true family supporters than the gurt Ted's! Uh huh Dean Windass huh huh huh

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

I see Colin Daniel plays for Blackpool and they are playing at the swamp this Saturday, would be funny if he got on the score sheet.

C'mon Blackpool

Funny they haven't mentioned his name yet. Too painful I suspect? Like watching the snake in a red shirt scoring goals :clapping:

They are too busy moving shit around trying to work out the best formation to keep the score line down....

On Loan

Journeyman     Freebie    Cast off   Mangadoo

Tramp     Swap Deal   Youth  Knees Gone

Ted    Trailist

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Funny they haven't mentioned his name yet. Too painful I suspect? Like watching the snake in a red shirt scoring goals :clapping:

They are too busy moving shit around trying to work out the best formation to keep the score line down....

On Loan

Journeyman     Freebie    Cast off   Mangadoo

Tramp     Swap Deal   Youth  Knees Gone

Ted    Trailist

Any sag reading that will probably think it's not a bad lineup.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

Genius. How long over history have we been above them. I would be very intrigued to know that.

In the 94 seasons Rovers were in the League, they finished above City on 25 occasions.

1933, 34, 35, 37, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 then a twenty year gap to 1982, 83, 84, 89, 90, 92, 96 and the last time 2000

1 season out of the league, 2 and a bit seasons back in since.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

In the 94 seasons Rovers were in the League, they finished above City on 25 occasions.

1933, 34, 35, 37, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 then a twenty year gap to 1982, 83, 84, 89, 90, 92, 96 and the last time 2000

1 season out of the league, 2 and a bit seasons back in since.

The fifties was a complete write off then.

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The fifties was a complete write off then.

My dad always claimed that if they had  lifted their no buy no sell policy in that period, they could have got a midfield general who would have probably got them promoted into the first division. Their policy, but probably someone elses fault, always shooting themselves in the foot aren't they.

6 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

The post website has just put up a list of improvements the mem will see this weekend and the coming months.

It reads like a wishlist for a conference south side.

I've also noticed that anything which will cost decent money is headed as 'under discussion', including providing waterproof clothing for fans :clapping:

Did it include head guards for horses and free earplugs for black players.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

The post website has just put up a list of improvements the mem will see this weekend and the coming months.

It reads like a wishlist for a conference south side.

I've also noticed that anything which will cost decent money is headed as 'under discussion', including providing waterproof clothing for fans :clapping:

Are those plans set in stone or TENTative?

I'll get me coat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1