IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

More #gaslogic...

It's always been bizarre why they have been able to attract more fans through the turnstiles then we do - even pre the Gate rebuild.

Our home avg has been extremely respectable given the state of the Mem regardless of having two promotions in the last few seasons.I wonder if they were back in league one and were playing at the old shitpit that we do would they get many,if anymore thru the Gate? 

If your were to do a head count of both Bristol clubs fanbase numbers we are not that far behind them.But they have always been able to attract more of there fans to games than we had been able to.I know that they are the bigger club,but not by much.It's not like they are Man UTD and we are Bury. It's more like the diffence fanbase wise between Norwich and Ipswich or Wolves and Wba.

:facepalm:

Another says the reason they get shit crowds is because of the state of the Mem, remind me how many times they've sold out at the shitpit?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

More #gaslogic...

It's always been bizarre why they have been able to attract more fans through the turnstiles then we do - even pre the Gate rebuild.

Our home avg has been extremely respectable given the state of the Mem regardless of having two promotions in the last few seasons.I wonder if they were back in league one and were playing at the old shitpit that we do would they get many,if anymore thru the Gate? 

If your were to do a head count of both Bristol clubs fanbase numbers we are not that far behind them.But they have always been able to attract more of there fans to games than we had been able to.I know that they are the bigger club,but not by much.It's not like they are Man UTD and we are Bury. It's more like the diffence fanbase wise between Norwich and Ipswich or Wolves and Wba.

Another says the reason they get shit crowds is because of the state of the Mem, remind me how many times they've sold out at the shitpit?

I get what he's trying to say, bless him it's starting to dawn on him. It's a bit like West Ham and Millwall. One is lightyears ahead on and off the pitch. I'm not comparing us to West Ham in a real sense, but the gap is ENORMOUS.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I get what he's trying to say, bless him it's starting to dawn on him. It's a bit like West Ham and Millwall. One is lightyears ahead on and off the pitch. I'm not comparing us to West Ham in a real sense, but the gap is ENORMOUS.

I think he's spot on with the comparison of man u and bury to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Did anyone pick up on the "Happy Hour" after each game?  Not much chance of that I fear based upon recent results :)

Such a laugh listening to their fans on Radio Bristol on my way home from the match when we have just thrashed someone decent and they have lost to utter shite.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

More #gaslogic...

More like Ipswich & Southend or Wolves & Walsall !

They had shit crowds at Eastvile & Bath too ! 

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

More like Ipswich & Southend or Wolves & Walsall !

They had shit crowds at Eastvile & Bath too ! 

Do we have the most unequal city rivalry in English football.  Of all the two club Cities in England I can't think of a more one sided rivalry.  The Pikeys have only finished above us 11 times in their 130 year abysmal  a history.  Certainly less than Notts County has finished above Forest.  Sheffield United must have finished above Wednesday more than 11 times.  Same applies to Evertom and Liverpool, and City and United.  I'm I wrong or are they really that Barry White.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

Do we have the most unequal city rivalry in English football.  Of all the two club Cities in England I can't think of a more one sided rivalry.  The Pikeys have only finished above us 11 times in their 130 year abysmal  a history.  Certainly less than Notts County has finished above Forest.  Sheffield United must have finished above Wednesday more than 11 times.  Same applies to Evertom and Liverpool, and City and United.  I'm I wrong or are they really that Barry White.

Stoke and Port Vale? Bradford City and Bradford PA? Oxford United and Oxford City? Cambridge United and Cambridge City? Just a few off the top of my head.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Stoke and Port Vale? Bradford City and Bradford PA? Oxford United and Oxford City? Cambridge United and Cambridge City? Just a few off the top of my head.

Was going to post the Bradford one.

Also Hereford and Hereford Westfields if we are going to drop that low.

They had their first ever derby match about 2 years ago. (Outside of county cup matches where it would have been a reserve team each at best)

Edited by JamesBCFC

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They'd save themselves a whole lot of bother and far less embarrassment, if they just started comparing themselves to Forest Green, rather that us. 

But Forest Green  are getting their new stadium.

Wont be long until that gap develops either :laughcont:

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Malago said:

Burslem is not in Stoke.  Bradford PA, Oxford City and Cambridge City are not league clubs.  

Bradford PA were a league club for over 60 years before liquidation.

Park Avenue have done something Bristol Rovers have never done- Played in the top flight of English football.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, B block said:

The possibility of providing wet weather clothing to supporters not undercover when it rains

this is a joke right ? Surely 

so let's get this right, rather than a new canvass roof they all get a free poncho, 

you couldn't make it up

Don't forget the cowboy hat to go with the poncho yee hah!

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

More #gaslogic...

This one acknowledges that we have always attracted more fans through the turnstiles but then goes on to say that they aren't that far behind us when it comes to the number of fans we both have in Bristol.

That pisses all over their claim that their fans are more loyal than us then doesn't it?

This particular Saghead may find it bizaar that we've always had higher attendances than them but clearly it's just a case that their club and fans aren't as special as they like to think they are.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This one acknowledges that we have always attracted more fans through the turnstiles but then goes on to say that they aren't that far behind us when it comes to the number of fans we both have in Bristol.

That pisses all over their claim that their fans are more loyal than us then doesn't it?

This particular Saghead may find it bazaar that we've always had higher attendances than them but clearly it's just a case that their club and fans aren't as special as they like to think they are.

Are you really questioning the sags support?

The most bestest, loyalist fans in world football, even Wolves fans tend to agree with their shit stained tongues.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This particular Saghead may find it bizaar that we've always had higher attendances than them but clearly it's just a case that their club and fans aren't as special as they like to think they are.

Surely the definition of a "fan" is someone who actually goes to matches? 

So not sure what's stopping this apparently massive untapped support from making it down the Pisspoorial Ground every other Saturday?

We know that wild police horses couldn't drag them away so what could it be I wonder...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Psycho Glenn said:

This is so incredibly Tinpot, I thought is was a piss take at first.

I did too, in fact I'm still not sure it isn't. How utterly amateur, I just don't have the words. I really don't understand why they feel the love for their club, they must be brainwashed to a level a North Korean Dictator would be proud of. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Malago said:

There are a few valid comparisons if you expand it to teams close by each other rather than in the same town/city. Boro/Hartlepool, Man City or Utd/Stockport or Oldham or Bury or Rochdale, West Ham/Leyton Orient, Liverpool or Everton/Tranmere.

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

But Forest Green  are getting their new stadium.

Wont be long until that gap develops either :laughcont:

Further irony, The New Lawn replaced The Lawn in 2006. As a new stadium it's already in better shape than the Swamp and yet FGR intend to build a new one. 

Sags should rent The New Lawn when FGR relocate. They'd get to play in a proper stadium until they finally go bust and we'd be rid of them. Fixture clashes with Shortwood would hit their gates of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bianconeri said:

Further irony, The New Lawn replaced The Lawn in 2006. As a new stadium it's already in better shape than the Swamp and yet FGR intend to build a new one. 

Sags should rent The New Lawn when FGR relocate. They'd get to play in a proper stadium until they finally go bust and we'd be rid of them. Fixture clashes with Shortwood would hit their gates of course.

The people of the district of Stroud would prefer they played anywhere else. 

Preferably the Antarctic.

2 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

Rather than relocate, they'd choose to move the stadium piece by piece then forget how it goes back together, ultimately selling it for scrap! Just about their level!!