IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

56 minutes ago, adamski said:

Let's put the Gas attendance lie to bed shall we, read the attached and weep !

14 years only have they had a better attendance than us, how many times have we exceeded twice their numbers+ etc... discover for yourselves!

gas-city 2017.jpg

gas-city 2017 2.jpg

gas-city 2017 3.jpg

#gaslogic dictates that you ignore facts like the above (once in the last FIFTY years they've beat us on attendance), make statements like "if we were in their position we'd piss all over their attendances" and that becomes the undisputed truth.

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

#gaslogic dictates that you ignore facts like the above (once in the last FIFTY years they've beat us on attendance), make statements like "if we were in their position we'd piss all over their attendances" and that becomes the undisputed truth.

Once in the last 50 years and we had to get relegated to Division 4 to let them do it!

• Like 1

Steve Hamer sends out warning to Bristol Rovers fans
'besmirching' club in wake of racial abuse reports

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-hamer-say-minority-fans-521988

Steve Hamer asked all the racist fans to leave today and this was the result ....

memorial-stadium-horfield-bristol.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Like when they were in the Basement and they used to say that if they were in L1 they'd sell out their ground every week?

Or maybe when we only took 670 to Sheffield Utd a couple of years ago for a 12:00 KO, televised on SKY...and they took the piss saying that if they were in the same position they'd take loads more....

All mouth no trousers as per usual.

IMG_4945.PNG

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Steve Hamer sends out warning to Bristol Rovers fans
'besmirching' club in wake of racial abuse reports

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-hamer-say-minority-fans-521988

Steve Hamer asked all the racist fans to leave today and this was the result ....

memorial-stadium-horfield-bristol.jpg

So, one might say the erstwhile sanctimonious "Family Club" should henceforth be referred to as "The Ku Klux Klan-ily Club", Sir Colin? ;)

I honestly thought that Post article was a wind up, its the sort of improvements you may see at a village team in the Mid Somerset league, ive got a suggestion for the box, - - -k off back to the non league where you belong although they are way behind plenty of non league clubs, they are an embarassment to Bristol and football.

• Like 1

Hearing on the grapevine that the new commercial manager usurped a long standing fella who'd been at the gas for donkeys... he's now had his 'duties changed'.

Also this fella ran the hospitality and that's been taken from him. Gas fans in uproar about this and giving Hamer grief on social media...

More to follow...

18 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hearing on the grapevine that the new commercial manager usurped a long standing fella who'd been at the gas for donkeys... he's now had his 'duties changed'.

Also this fella ran the hospitality and that's been taken from him. Gas fans in uproar about this and giving Hamer grief on social media...

More to follow...

Can't imagine many of the long suffering have experienced the hospitality options at the Mem.

Would imagine they are happier making racist comments from a tent.

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

More to follow...

... to horses

8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Watching the ODI on Sky.cameras swung round to the swamp, Botham saying "..........Bristol Rovers ground, used to be the rugby ground, I believe they are going to re-develope it."

I wonder how many locals shouted at the screen (like me)." Yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen "  ? :facepalm:

Just posted the same on the Test Cricket thread in non-football!

Good to see the City flag hanging off one of the flat balconies too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Imagine supporting a club in 2017 that still has to warn people that it's wrong to be racist. :facepalm:

Imagine supporting a club in 2017 that doesn't just ignore the fact there are still a small minority who express racist views, and that said club are actually aware of this because their own supporters are calling out the culprits.

Anybody who thinks that their own club is TOTALLY free from racism is burying their heads in the sand.

6 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Imagine supporting a club in 2017 that doesn't just ignore the fact there are still a small minority who express racist views, and that said club are actually aware of this because their own supporters are calling out the culprits.

Anybody who thinks that their own club is TOTALLY free from racism is burying their heads in the sand.

So it would seem.

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Agree. There are Neanderthals everywhere and in all walks of life. Football or not. It's a bit strange though isn't it that there seems to be more need at your dump to send out these reminders to your fans  in comparison to other clubs? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I don't think anyone thinks that . But you're football club over the last few seasons has had numerous incidents. That have come out in the public. Good for your club for trying to do something about it . Because it's happening a lot . 

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't imagine many of the long suffering have experienced the hospitality options at the Mem.

I've suffered the Gas hospitality package. A few years back I was invited by a client, and couldn't really refuse. 

The meal was absolutely atrocious. The veg was of the diced, frozen variety and was served cold. 

Halfway through the "meal" all the lights went out in the hospitality area, the reason for which I assumed was someone forgetting to put 50p in the meter. 

The only highlight was having a pint in the Wellington pre match, which felt like I was on some sort of dangerous spy mission. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I've suffered the Gas hospitality package. A few years back I was invited by a client, and couldn't really refuse. 

The meal was absolutely atrocious. The veg was of the diced, frozen variety and was served cold. 

Halfway through the "meal" all the lights went out in the hospitality area, the reason for which I assumed was someone forgetting to put 50p in the meter. 

The only highlight was having a pint in the Wellington pre match, which felt like I was on some sort of dangerous spy mission. 

It could have been a Macedoine of vegetables ( i.e. A cold vegetable dish ) or perhaps their microwave wasn't working , it may have been that which caused the power failure .

( Can just see it thinking ' damn these bloody carrots , I'm going to cook them if it's the las... ) 

Anyhow, you survived and lived to tell the tale of how other folks live .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It could have been a Macedoine of vegetables ( i.e. A cold vegetable dish ) or perhaps their microwave wasn't working , it may have been that which caused the power failure .

( Can just see it thinking ' damn these bloody carrots , I'm going to cook them if it's the las... ) 

Anyhow, you survived and lived to tell the tale of how other folks live .

Macedoinians, or indeed any citizens of the former Yugoslavia, will always be welcome at the Mem,