IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

51 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I didn't realise that the sags once rose to the dizzy heights of playing Burton Albion. That truly was a cup final for them. I bet they took 15 or 20 million away for that.

Edited by Bianconeri
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Seems they've taken MC Hamers thoughts on the subject seriously :facepalm:Screenshot_20170924-141046.thumb.png.86be1ba8d0652be2791a2f5098fa4cbc.png

He ticks many Gas boxes - racist, supports a “big” team in addition to the Gas and doesn't go to the Mem

Seems he was at Palace yesterday. Wonder if he will be at AG for the League Cup match. If he is it would be good to let our female fans know to keep an eye out for him before he tries and gets six runs off them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Seems they've taken MC Hamers thoughts on the subject seriously :facepalm:Screenshot_20170924-141046.thumb.png.86be1ba8d0652be2791a2f5098fa4cbc.png

That's shocking. So he has previous for sexual assault and is now looking to add some sort of racism charge to his name.

What an oxygen thief. Hope those with powers to investigate see his nonsense and remind him of his social responsibility.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That's shocking. So he has previous for sexual assault and is now looking to add some sort of racism charge to his name.

What an oxygen thief. Hope those with powers to investigate see his nonsense and remind him of his social responsibility.

Interestingly, the Sag who's Facebook post aimed at the City fan (Ellis Harrison) turned up to the Mem yesterday and was handed a letter and not allowed in to the ground. 

I don't know how long for. His posts yesterday suggested it was just that one game, but he didn't specify. 

41 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Interestingly, the Sag who's Facebook post aimed at the City fan (Ellis Harrison) turned up to the Mem yesterday and was handed a letter and not allowed in to the ground. 

I don't know how long for. His posts yesterday suggested it was just that one game, but he didn't specify. 

1 game ban for racist behaviour seems lenient to be honest, but I suppose when your as cash strapped as the sags  every penny counts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

am pretty sure Harrison hails from over the bridge.....probably Cardiff city

7 hours ago, In the Net said:

Imagine supporting a club in 2017 that doesn't just ignore the fact there are still a small minority who express racist views, and that said club are actually aware of this because their own supporters are calling out the culprits.

Anybody who thinks that their own club is TOTALLY free from racism is burying their heads in the sand.

I'm not saying that other clubs don't have racist fans, I bet every club in the world must have at least one or two but for a club with quite a small fan base the amount of racist incidents that happen at Rovers games or just comments online must be well above the national average?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, In the Net said:

Imagine supporting a club in 2017 that doesn't just ignore the fact there are still a small minority who express racist views, and that said club are actually aware of this because their own supporters are calling out the culprits.

Anybody who thinks that their own club is TOTALLY free from racism is burying their heads in the sand.

To be fair though, you've had more racist incidents than league wins so far this season. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

I'm not saying that other clubs don't have racist fans, I bet every club in the world must have at least one or two but for a club with quite a small fan base the amount of racist incidents that happen at Rovers games or just comments online must be well above the national average?

I can understand why people have that impression, and I know we have an element which has unfortunately not moved with the times, and probably never will.

The number of incidents recorded would be a lot lower if our fans weren't reporting people, and then the club following it up with public warnings.  Sadly this all probably goes over the heads of the real neanderthals who hold these views, but hopefully some of the youngsters might realise that it's neither big nor clever.  We can but hope!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I can understand why people have that impression, and I know we have an element which has unfortunately not moved with the times, and probably never will.

The number of incidents recorded would be a lot lower if our fans weren't reporting people, and then the club following it up with public warnings.  Sadly this all probably goes over the heads of the real neanderthals who hold these views, but hopefully some of the youngsters might realise that it's neither big nor clever.  We can but hope!

Nobody can control what people think. But what people shout/chant at players during games and post on social media..?  I honestly can't remember the last time I heard or saw that from other clubs. 

Of course it must happen, but 1 game bans (if that's what Rovers are dishing out) is not sufficient for such blatant examples. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

And yet they keep clinging to their belief that they are some kind of super fan / uber loyal / family club and its us filthy Teds that are a disgrace to Bristol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ever-red said:

I'am a landscape gardener that isn't going to last a year with our winds.

It looks like the cover is just a couple of superlap fencing panels laid flat FFS. The g*shead was right when he said it was worse than Santa`s Grotto.

What I want to know is, why wasn`t this featured in the EP list of major improvements they were crowing about last week? Surely it`s the jewel in the crown.

• Haha 2