IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Time for a Rovers sing song......How about Turning Off The Gas?......

And they're turning off the gas,

Couldn't string a pass

Missing open goals

Defence is full of holes

Our fans are a disgrace 

Punch horses in the face

Start riots when we lose

So it's **** off you blues......

You’ve missed out an inane reference to an American prostitute. 

Otherwise, it’s fairly good! 

Belter............

I wasn’t there today and it sounds from what people are writing on here like we got battered, yet the match stats on BBC state that we had more possession, more shots, more corners. Are these misleading or is the doom and gloom on here because we lost 1-3 when in reality it actually could’ve been different?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Belter............

I wasn’t there today and it sounds from what people are writing on here like we got battered, yet the match stats on BBC state that we had more possession, more shots, more corners. Are these misleading or is the doom and gloom on here because we lost 1-3 when in reality it actually could’ve been different?

So, 1-3 is the misleading stat?

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So, 1-3 is the misleading stat?

Very misleading, even RB said Rovers should have been at least 4-0 down by half time but for some truly unbelievable misses by Wimbledon.

The final scoreline is very flattering to Rovers.

• Like 3

I had a couple of beers with a couple of diehard gas yesterday evening and they were scathing of their performance. One said Wimbledon should have had 6 while the other walked out after the third as he was so fed up. After taking the piss mercilessly as they are 'diehard' yet one left early, I asked what had changed. Their answer was that the players don't seem to care any more and the whole place has been depressed since the UWE fall through. They are dreading the point where the dog botherer leaves but they think it's only a matter of time.  They are convinced all is not well behind the scenes.

Their other problem, which they openly admitted, is that we're doing well while they think, unless things change, that they could well be relegated.

As i'm sure you can imagine, my beers tasted extremely sweet after hearing their views! :) I managed to look smugly concerned though which probably wound them up even more.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Having just had a gander at the fewers forum, it's almost as if half of them want the club to fail, just so their concerns are proved correct and they can then lord it over those who have no worries.

Just amazed that they haven't mobilised and formed a group to demand answers. 

Roll back a few months and that could have been otib you were talking about !!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Roll back a few months and that could have been otib you were talking about !!

I was going to post something like that myself. It is the same with most teams/fans and a lot of things in life, get into Politics and if Brexit doesn't work you will hear the "I told you so", if it does work you won't hear a dickie bird - actually you will probably hear "it is only because the remainers sorted out the deal"!!

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

Yes, could easily have been 1 - 6 

I was there. Could easily have been six. I don't get to watch Wimbledon that often but we've been having a horrible season. They made us look great.

And although it's nostalgic standing on terraces it's really no exaggeration to say their facilities are 30 years out of date. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I was there. Could easily have been six. I don't get to watch Wimbledon that often but we've been having a horrible season. They made us look great.

And although it's nostalgic standing on terraces it's really no exaggeration to say their facilities are 30 years out of date. 

that absolute shithole makes the old plough lane look like the nou camp eh YBR.....

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Coombsy said:

DC said he asked the team if it's down to him and if they said yes he would leave 

in the next sentence he said he will not go any ware as he's a fighter 

Perhaps he means Ware FC, after all they lost at home on Saturday (as well). http://www.warefc.co.uk/

So far this season P13 W2 D2 L9. Ware sounds like his sort of team.

• Like 1

I was chatting to my gas head mate.  I was carefully explaining r****s situation, and the possibility that they might go into administration in the spring, due to the lack of funds by the ownership.  To which he replied, r****s are too big to go into administration. To big a fan base to let that happen.  I said well it happened to Hereford.  To which he replied Hereford!!!!.....we are a much bigger club than Hereford,  He asked me for more examples of clubs that have go into administration and subsequent liquidation only to reform, much lower down the leagues.

I was trying to think: Newport County and Darlington spring to mind.  I would put Moron FC on a par with them.

• Haha 1