IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, The Joker said:

Billy Bodin signs for Preston. Fee being reported in Lancashire as around £400,000. Crucial thing for #BristolRovers is that Darrell Clarke gets  naff all money to reinvest in his squad,wally needs more tents and camel hitches.

Bless em over on Gaschat, the 400k fee has already risen to 750k plus a 20% sell on, someone of Facebook read it so this is now a fact as far as they are concerned.

2 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

We will get the line of no value for money in Jan, we will spend it in the summer. Summer comes and it will be, transfer window insane this year, we have to cut our cloth accordingly. 

Makro currently have 2 jumbo packs of toilet roll’s for the price of one. 

With their luxurious new toilet facilities on the horizon, would it not be prudent to be stocking up Wael’s 3 wheeler and taking full advantage of this, whilst they have the money..?

Do the inhabitants at the Mem use toilet roll yet, or are they going to have to splash out on signage to instruct them on how to it’s used..?

6 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The tramps brother could be available for a crate of White Lightning and a tin of dog meat

xxx.jpg

Agggh, no. One Trampy is bad enough. Thank god Trampy wasn’t a better footballer and we got Taylor instead of him. I seriously couldn’t have stomached watching that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

Right the fans know they have some money, let’s sit back and watch this unfold. :yawn:

Dwayne Sports have just confirmed they will be investing £350,000 in a full sized Olympic swimming pool to aid players recovery from injury. All staff are welcome to use it but must pay their own air fare to Jordan.:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Isn't it obvious? 

You play Preston in March, which - if all goes to plan- will be about the time the heels have come right off at your place, Billy scores a hat trick, you drop out of the top 6 to be replaced by Preston.

We know what we're doing you know :)

Is this your concern.....?

You need to watch that trapdoor back to league two...without your only 'flair player your in the shit(again)pal..

Worst case scenario for us is we finish season a mid-table championship outfit(with much scope to setting sights higher) whilst watching you go down.....

Oh deary me..................thinking about the strong possibility of that gap widening still further has given me an appetite-i think i will have a breakfast(full fryup)on the way to work after all........

Edited by Robert the bruce

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Surely they knew there budget. Before selling him. So tinpot it’s unreal 

Of course they did, and it was clearly zero. Now they will be meeting to see how much above zero, Darrell can spend. 

I wonder if he will leave the meeting, still in Situ..?! 

Gas Go Marching In Avatar
Not doubting you but where has the sell on clause been mentioned?

Discussed in another thread. If true, it's good business as clearly his value would rocket if he performed at Championship level.

if he does well in championship a 10m prem sale wouldn’t surprise me,let’s hope he does well and will get a few mil "

Up there with the likes of Kodjia, McCormack, Neves, Costa, Gray, Gayle & Ritche then..

Edited by Tammys Scan

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Agggh, no. One Trampy is bad enough. Thank god Trampy wasn’t a better footballer and we got Taylor instead of him. I seriously couldn’t have stomached watching that.

I'm sure we could have insisted on a haircut and a shave in the contract.

Plus he'd actually be able to afford one.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Haha 1

They are going down like flies .... it really is starting to get interesting ...

Academy News: Jones Departs from Head of Coaching Role

Gerard Jones, who was appointed to the role of Head of Coaching within the Academy in July, departs from the role with immediate effect.

Academy Manager Jonathan Henderson commented “ Whilst we appreciate the efforts Gerard has gone to over the past few months, upon reviewing the progress made we felt it was in the best interest of the Academy that we look to make a change. We will now begin the process of recruiting a gullible replacement with experience in non-league football, and would like to wish Gerard well in his future endeavours.”

• Haha 1

Billy Bodin: Bristol Rovers striker's sale 'probably inevitable', says Steve Hamer

Hamer did not disclose details of the fee paid for Bodin, but said he felt it "represented a fair value" for a player approaching the end of his contract.

"I think the money will be invested as to what (Rovers manager) Darrell Clarke wants to improve," he said.

"He'll decide what he wants, where he wants to improve things on the field of play and where he wants to freshen up things.

s-l300.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42566343

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

So that’s a no then

0F97E84D-A9D0-48CE-9E4A-047AF43CA9D9.png

Hamer: Darrell, you'll be delighted to hear that the Al-Qadi family has accepted one of your 3 budget lists for players for the current transfer window....

Dopey: Listen, do you mean the Waitrose, Aldi and Poundland ones?

Hamer: Absolutely. Having briefly discussed this for 3 seconds over afternoon tea in London I am pleased to announce that the Al-Qadis have chosen the list that we feel as a board reflects the best value for money and will help the club to achieve its longer term ambitions.

Dopey: Listen, does that mean that I can strengthen my team now to challenge at the right end of the division by shopping at Waitrose?

Hamer: Not quite, take another guess?

Dopey: Listen, Aldi?

Hamer: Almost there, the Al-Qadis have been gracious enough to offer you 3 attempts at this. You must agree that this is a very generous offer and reflects the family's long term commitment to this football club?

Dopey: Listen, Poundland is out of the ******* question?

Hamer: Well, not exactly, you'll be delighted to hear that Poundland is actually in the "******* question" as you excellently articulated just then. I'm sure that you are, as we are, absolutely delighted to be able to move forward now with the playing side in line with us moving forward as a club behind the scenes?

Dopey: Listen.......**** off!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Hamer: Darrell, you'll be delighted to hear that the Al-Qadi family has accepted one of your 3 budget lists for players for the current transfer window....

Dopey: Listen, do you mean the Waitrose, Aldi and Poundland ones?

Hamer: Absolutely. Having briefly discussed this for 3 seconds over afternoon tea in London I am pleased to announce that the Al-Qadis have chosen the list that we feel as a board reflects the best value for money and will help the club to achieve its long term aims.

Dopey: Listen, does that mean that I can strengthen my team now to challenge at the right end of the division by shopping at Waitrose?

Hamer: Not quite, take another guess?

Dopey: Listen, Aldi?

Hamer: Almost there, the Al-Qadis have been gracious enough to offer you 3 attempts at this. You must agree that this is a very generous offer and reflects the family's long term could commitment to the club?

Dopey: Listen, Poundland is out of the ******* question?

Hamer: Well, not exactly, you'll be delighted to hear that Poundland is actually in the "******* question" as you excellently articulated just then. I'm sure that you are, as we are, absolutely delighted to be able to move forward now with the playing side in line with us moving forward as a club behind the scenes?

Dopey: Listen.......**** off!

Was this live, on Radio Bristol..?

• Haha 1