IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

Let’s not forget that the last time they scraped over 10k average it was largely thanks to 20k of us who pitched up at Ikeaville as we chased promotion. Without that bonus attendance the average would have been nearer 9k.

Not sure that's correct.

They may have got more than 10K for that one derby game you refer to but they haven't had an average home gate over a whole season of £10K or more since the 1970s.

That's a whole FORTY YEARS of piss poor attendances - 7, 8 or 9K averages and in the year they left Eastvile it was 6-something.

We didn't coin the phrase The Blue Few for nothing.  

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember hugging my dog and promising him I wouldn't choose Bristol City over him in the same circumstances :) 

I was sat watching teletext, there was more than one page of scores so had to wait for it to come back around to their page

Am sure there was loads of added time too

5 hours ago, phantom said:

A more recent and more relevant 2nd May they may want to remind themselves of. . . 

image.png

Call me picky (or maybe just at a loose end) but how does "Rovers dominated without finding a scoring touch" and "Rovers best chance came when...shot was turned onto the post" tally with the score line at the start??

I can remember more Rovers players in that side than I could name from their current squad.

11 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I can remember more Rovers players in that side than I could name from their current squad.

I can remember more Wycombe players in their side than I can name from Rovers current squad...

I can remember 5 of those Wycombe players.

Current Gas team 2017/18

1) the Fisherman/Tramp

2) the City fan

That’s yer lot!

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

27 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Someone should ask what Mr Karim Mardam-Bey does at Bristol Rovers' £ 250 000 pa London office.

Head of Business Development

I presume he stops strangers in the street and tries to get them to invest in a new stand at the Mem.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DJJqrLG99IIJ:https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Karim-Mardam-Bey/-1629143055+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

33 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Someone should ask what Mr Karim Mardam-Bey does at Bristol Rovers' £ 250 000 pa London office.

Ok Bert. What does Mr Karim Mardam-Bey for Bristol Rovers in his London office?

Probably a brother in law or Uncle.

44 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Hopefully he is looking at some guy ropes and some sturdy pegs at the moment. The wind doesn’t half get up around Muller Road

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Head of Business Development

I presume he stops strangers in the street and tries to get them to invest in a new stand at the Mem.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DJJqrLG99IIJ:https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Karim-Mardam-Bey/-1629143055+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Must be a very in tents job!

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Has anyone got the photos of the presentation we made to Sir Colin? The Gasheads I know we’re particularly riled by those!!! 

Yeah, us Teds were bang out of order for doing that. Anything to do with Windass is "a great craic" though.... Always the victims....

At least their redevelopment is gaining pace now with another tent soon to be erected. You really would expect a little bit more from the 6th richest club in the land....

10 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Yeah, us Teds were bang out of order for doing that. Anything to do with Windass is "a great craic" though.... Always the victims....

At least their redevelopment is gaining pace now with another tent soon to be erected. You really would expect a little bit more from the 6th richest club in the land....

Is it a huge, giant marquee over the whole ground? Bit like the state of the art stadiums with a retractable roof. Theirs will have a gert big flap at the top & someone will have to climb up & unzip it. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I'm afraid you've overlooked something quite important Wood Red....you see, despite all the stuff they were coming out with on Social Media when the ALQs took over about how rich they are, buying whoever they want, Prem in 5 years and laughing at our  Bristolian owner who is only worth a poxy £2Billion, it's turns out that they didn't want Wally to spend shed loads of cash on them anyway.

Only 'plastic' clubs like 'da shit' (and practically every other club in the top two divisions) spend money on transfers, wages and Stadiums. They want to do it properly, whatever TF that means?

Funnily enough they came to that decision around about the time it became obvious that they're probably not even the 6th richest club in the South West, let alone the entire country.

Fortunate timing wasn't it?

UWE Stadium? "Naahh, didn't want it"

One of them on that 'tent' thread is proud to be "crap".

They deserve to sit in tents whilst people laugh at them.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not sure that's correct.

They may have got more than 10K for that one derby game you refer to but they haven't had an average home gate over a whole season of £10K or more since the 1970s.

That's a whole FORTY YEARS of piss poor attendances - 7, 8 or 9K averages and in the year they left Eastvile it was 6-something.

We didn't coin the phrase The Blue Few for nothing.  

Ten thousand pounds?! That represents a poor return at the turnstiles....yet you obviously like the ‘sterling’ references - to ‘coin’ a phrase.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phantom said:

A more recent and more relevant 2nd May they may want to remind themselves of. . . 

image.png

Imagine what it was like for those of us unfortunate enough to have a birthday on the 2nd of May and having to put up with their rag of a fanzine being called that for ten years. 

Wycombe lifted a huge weight off my shoulders in 2001.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not sure that's correct.

They may have got more than 10K for that one derby game you refer to but they haven't had an average home gate over a whole season of £10K or more since the 1970s.

We didn't coin the phrase The Blue Few for nothing.  

Simple arithmetic I think.

The average for that season was about 10,100 and they got 26,000 when we went there on Good Friday just before we got promoted. There were about 20,000 reds there.

If they’d got a ‘normal’ game and gate that day the average would have been around 9,200 for the season.

Even a derby game would not usually have attracted more than about 17,000 at Ikea at that time. That 9000 extra equates to almost 400 per game, reducing the average below 10,000.

So, the 10,000 average that year is basically down to us.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Only 'plastic' clubs like 'da shit' (and practically every other club in the top two divisions) spend money on transfers, wages and Stadiums. They want to do it properlywhatever TF that means?

Surely doing it "properly"  (by their implication - without an owner willing to spend money) would mean them growing their horrible little club "organically" and for them to increase attendances year on year to a level that allows them to exist on just club revenue alone. 

Given so few ever turn up to watch them I doubt we have anything to worry about if that is the route they wish to take  :rofl2br:

29 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Surely enough time has now elapsed for Scotty Murray’s presentation photos to be released? I seem to remember it couldn’t be posted on otib as it would upset them too much or something 

#freesircolin

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

Given so few ever turn up to watch them I doubt we have anything to worry about if that is the route they wish to take  :rofl2br:

Their main problem imo is (also admitted by a few of their own) is the average age of their supporters that do actually attend, hardly any young un’s apparently, will bite them in the ass in a few years if this ‘evolution’ doesn’t evolve sooner rather than later.