IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I was in Hawkshead today making deliveries. Stopped in the car park to eat a sandwich and then realised I was in exactly the same space I was in when 5 Live told me Bristol Rovers had just been relegated out of the football League. 

Where were you at that same moment?

Dancing around my back garden, paint brush in hand only to find out my neighbour of 12 years was a gashead! ;) He hasn't been to a game since they left Eastville but wasn't too happy that I was laughing uncontrollably at their demise.

Tough!! 

22 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I was in Hawkshead today making deliveries. Stopped in the car park to eat a sandwich and then realised I was in exactly the same space I was in when 5 Live told me Bristol Rovers had just been relegated out of the football League. 

At Slimbridge with some relatives, I think I gave a poor duck a heart attack... 

31 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

In the middle of Rodway common, dreading to turn on Radio Bristol for the final score..............!

The last score I heard meant they would be down..........like Schrodinger's Cat ,if I didn't hear otherwise, they were down. and I just wanted to savour that thought until  I would find out they had equalized in the last seconds !  

59 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

In a pub in the centre of Bristol with a number of like minded citizens. Didn't see it coming to be fair and neither did the Gasheads in there who took anguished gurning to a new level..

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Crawley - best atmosphere ever for an end of season kickabout!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks Julie. I mistakenly called you 'Helen' for some reason previously so the 'police lady' was tongue in cheek. Please accept my apologies for my stupidity! :facepalm:

I quite like being called a police * lady* , better than most things I am called!!! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

slack jawed listening to Radio Bristol  whilst sitting on my sofa.. a mixture of laughter, joy.. (and keeping it all under wraps cos Mrs Sweeney was a Gashead). She eventually looked at me at about 7 (after I'd played it down for a while) and  told me to "let rip...  you;re obviously dying to". I ambled off down The Plough with a smirk on my face and got plastered. Oddly I had a very full wallet, and a pub full of Saints and Brighton fans kept buying me drinks. Wonder if they have an issue with the Blue Few too?

Driving past Yeovil on the A303, how I never caused a multi vehicle pile-up I shall never know. I had to pull into a layby until the laughter subsided enough for me to rive on safely!

56 minutes ago, miser said:

Crawley - best atmosphere ever for an end of season kickabout!

Yep I went with my daughter and had to explain what all the fuss was about as we counted down:

3 minutes and the gas are down

2 minutes and the gas are down 

1 minute and the gas are down

0 minutes and the gas are down - cue mental scenes

I was sat in my kitchen having stopped working in the garden and laughing my arse off

The Wellington :whistle:

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

I was having a beer outside the stadium about to go in to watch Lechia Gdansk v Legia Warsaw.  My brother phoned me to let me know the wonderful news, couldn't believe it as I thought after their game at Wycombe they were safe!!!  

Got some proper funny looks jumping round celebrating and totally buzzing.  Only my wife's family understood my happiness and they were loving it as well.  Lechia lost 0-1 to Legia but even that couldn't ruin my night, a brilliant time.

Needless to say the Tyskie went down a treat that night!!

34 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Youre kidding? What a place to be

Just had a feeling so walked up Glossy Rd. Went past the Methane Ground and it was HT so quiet. Spend 2nd half in the Welly on OTIB on the relegation thread until it happened. The funniest thing (apart from the formation of NLBR obviously) was there was a bloke drinking out the front with a "Mind The Gap" T shirt on when they started angrily coming from the ground. Although seeing grown middle aged men crying did not sit easy with me. I got the hell outta there then i laughed my bits off :laughcont:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

I was sipping a cool lager outside the Naval Volunteer Pub in King Street - not sure the pub is called that now?! My mate phoned me and I literally spat my lager out, couldn’t believe they couldn’t draw at home to the Colin Daniel XI....and the other results went against them....everything that had to happen, happened! You cannot choreograph comedy like that! I couldn’t stop laughing all night! The lager suddenly tasted better, the weather suddenly felt warmer, I suddenly felt younger, everyone suddenly looked more beautiful....and still I laughed....and laughed....that mob up the road were officially NON LEAGUE! Pick the bones out of that Darrell! Happy Bloody Days!

Still remember talking to Crawley fans after the game and they were wondering what the hell we were celebrating for. (can’t remember the game, very boring with both teams already on the beach) 

but the away end (and side) was rocking! Loads of us down there singing from start to end. 

Cant wait until it happens again :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

In the middle of Rodway common, dreading to turn on Radio Bristol for the final score..............!

The last score I heard meant they would be down..........like Schrodinger's Cat ,if I didn't hear otherwise, they were down. and I just wanted to savour that thought until  I would find out they had equalized in the last seconds !  

Wow.

It's not every day you are able to make reference to Schrodinger's Cat on OTIB. But at the same time it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Washing the car and gleefully tuned in for the last 30 minutes when the realisation of their pitiful existence as a football league club could be coming to an end.

As each minute passed the level of excitement and merriment increased as memories of doing the conga at Wigan and the constant laughing at Pride Park, the previous times of their abject relegation are soon to be eclipsed. Everyone that drove by had their windows down tooting their horns shouting the gas are down.

What a fantastic day.

6 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Thanks for asking. A special memory I'd love to share.

I was sat in a friends car, travelling from Bristol to Bath, with me missus and 3 other friends, for a slap up meal to celebrate a birthday.

As the games wore on I apologised to my fellow passengers, that something very special could be happening and that i had to stay in the car listening to Radio Bristol and said to them to carry on to the restaurant and I'd follow later.

Well, fair play to them all, they phoned the restaurant, said that we would be slightly late and waited by the car so I could soak it up. 

And then it happened! They were somewhat perplexed at my euphoric behaviour but fed off of my positive vibes.

Oh, and the fact I also had a seemingly dead bet on the blue few getting relegated that came in to the tune of £150 was the icing on the cake. Blew the lot on fizz and cocktails for me and my friends.

Yes, thanks for asking. A very special day.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Southport Red said:

I was in the away end :fear:

• Haha 4