IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If Rovers ever need reminding just how Tinpot/Ragass they really are, I believe the following quote sums it up....

”this summer will see the development of a new stand, along side the East terrace, which will increase seating by 341”!!!

I dunno, with all these "improvements" taking place they may actually be up for an award soon........

turd-polisher-award-ribbon-640x533.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If Rovers ever need reminding just how Tinpot/Ragass they really are, I believe the following quote sums it up....

”this summer will see the development of a new stand, along side the East terrace, which will increase seating by 341”!!!

Small steps and all that!

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s a true and sensible cliche. 

I’m not sure it was meant to describe 10 “small steps” in between a few rows of seats though..! 

They have released pictures of the new steps as well........ A great  improvement imho.

Steps.jpg

• Like 2

• Admin
3 hours ago, class_not_gas said:

Plymouth have had rovers pants right down with this https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/june/no-quarter-given/ 

Just to be pedantic, they are claiming quartered shirts, without taking exact measurements, I cannot be certain, but the lower segments certainly appear larger, hence not actually quarters.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Just to be pedantic, they are claiming quartered shirts, without taking exact measurements, I cannot be certain, but the lower segments certainly appear larger, hence not actually quarters.

It’s also how they are using the quote 

“no quarter given”

thats upset a few of the blue few 

8 minutes ago, class_not_gas said:

It’s also how they are using the quote 

“no quarter given”

thats upset a few of the blue few 

Wasn’t it Plymouth that Rovers copied/stole their glorious anthem from, many years back..?

You know, the one about an American prostitute, that they take such pride in droning out repetitively..?!

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I see they are all very excited about their first signing who is from Bournemouth!

ok he hasn’t played for Bournemouth, nor has he played a game in the top 4 leagues yet but of course it’s another massive free transfer for them...

Yes, BUT he's played for Braintree & Eastleigh ! :P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is that the same Braintree that dicked the sags 2-0 in the conference whilst their fans sang “we know what we are, we know what we are...a pub team from Essex, we know what we are...” ?! How embarrassing is that? 

Yes I know the game your talking about, the one where one of the pikey’s attacked a Braintree player, must of been a Ted.

9 hours ago, Super said:

Oh and it will be a round one in the middle of the room. Moving with the 80’s. It’ll be like “Cheers” at the San Giro. With “Gurt Ted” Danson

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SimonR said:

Arena seating, you mean its not a 4 quid patio chair from argos. I am beginning to wonder if the gas are a complex experiment on how long you can take the proverbial out of a group of people before they realise you are doing it. so far over 100 years. :rofl2br:

I`ve said this before but I often think the g*s are a long term installation project by the KLF. However I then think even in their most twisted moments Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond couldn`t have dreamed up the shitshow that is Bristol R*vers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Oh and it will be a round one in the middle of the room. Moving with the 80’s. It’ll be like “Cheers” at the San Giro. With “Gurt Ted” Danson

They won’t be so embarrassed to invite Gas Legend Dean Windass to the ground now instead of Chasers.

11 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Family Club

484A6DAE-8419-4AF7-8F90-0F0677769EA3.jpeg

Indeed.

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

oh how are we going to compete with such massive improvements?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-announce-next-phase-1653238 

I genuinely thought that the opening "doing up their shop" paragraph was the precursor to a whole set of improvements.  No, that was it, plus mentions of previously announced work on the bar and getting the cheap sand off their pitch.

Double wow.

Build and they will come and they will be locked out.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

oh how are we going to compete with such massive improvements?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-announce-next-phase-1653238 

“The new shop will include a new printing station, so supporters can personalise their merchandise”

Welcome to the year 1995..!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1