IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

46 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It was £1500 plus VAT I think. I used to do it every year and I thought it was a great way to engage with local business and raise money. You could get tickets at a better rate if you bought 2 or 3. They still do a similar thing but the shirt sponsorship is not up for grabs, but many other prizes are. The company I work for now did it for this season and I went along to the draw which was in a tent (obviously) down at the ampitheatre. You won't believe this, but it was all incredibly professional and very un Rovers like!

So for that professional football club experience, they chose to entertain potential sponsors away from the football stadium.

Classic Rovers! :cool:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 22A said:

Humour is breaking out over there on the fourth post down; 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12486/trespassing

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12480/new-stands-season-ticket-info

The new stands are to be installed at the beginning of August. The delay in this is due to planning consultation, although there appears to be no problem with planning. The stands are bespoke and are being constructed in France once imported into the country they will only take a few days to install. They are all made of a hard material with a hard roof, one is to replace the south west tent the other two are to go either side of the centenary stand. Season tickets are being printed they will go to the mailing centre to be sent out by the end of July. Info came direct from the club.

I'm interested to see what these stands are going to look like. I hope they don't look like the stand Eastleigh have at their ground, behind the goal, but then, beggars can't be choosers, and if they increase seated capacity and draw higher attendances, we can't complain too much in the short term. As long as they proceed with a firm plan to perform a full scale redevelopment or new-build, these temporary stands can't be a bad thing.

You can't knock their ambition - Full size replica of the Tote End now available for £39.99 from What! (the fck)

image.thumb.png.d6d971ad486d091e29f45fe916b66570.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, pride of the west said:

I don't think the raffle was as lucrative as they made out to be honest. It cost a grand to enter but all entrants got about 500 quid worth of match day vip treatment if there ever is such a thing down the mem. 

That's free entry in through the Chasers nightclub canopy, for a game of fisting the horse all with a free packet of stale crisps but bring your own plastic garden chair

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Rovers haven't announced their shirt sponsor for next season because they don't have one?

Whilst the comedy raffle that saw them sponsored by a pub was a laugh, it was also supposedly quite lucrative. Their new marketing man has apparently received offers from companies interested in having their company name scribbled on the shirts, but the money being offered doesn't come close to the lucky dip of recent years. 

Expect a national brand paying pennies for a season and back to the raffle next season.

Source? Bloke in a pub on Gloucester Road.

Well Ive heard its either Thatchers or Dyson both are in talks !...………. the information came from a very excited gentlemen who has close contacts with the club.   

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and never forget this humiliation at the hands of a non league club....

So Kettering town were the home team there right? I was just thinking that looks better than Chernobyl does now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I presumed they’d continue with their 100 club draw where they get companies to sign up and it’s drawn from a hat. 

They need a 100 companies interested in them for that to work.

• Haha 1

Just saw this from BP coverage of Rovers game last night. How bizarre?!

Rovers need to shake out of this funk and they do so. They’ve earned a corner. Lockyer is double-teamed and the hosts clear the danger.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Probably a 'ted'! 

Would be ironic if they had all been Teds, trying to destroy their club, whilst one of their own* was ploughing hundreds of millions into us..!

*another of their ridiculous claims! 

• Haha 2

Bristol Rovers partnership with Walt Disney continues

Bristol Rovers Football Club has announced that global media giant, The Disney Corporation, have extended their partnership with the club for the next three seasons.

The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Walt Disney or simply Disney is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate, headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California. It is the world's largest independent media conglomerate in terms of revenue ahead of NBCUniversal and WarnerMedia, which are owned by telecommunications giants Comcast and AT&T

Last season, Disney sponsored the South Stand at the Mem and this sponsorship will be extended for the next three seasons.

Rovers Commercial Director Tom Gorringe said: “This is the first of a few new exciting partnerships for the club as we look to transform our partnership base. It is great for the club to be aligning ourselves with such a prominent and progressive global business.”

Disney Group Chief Executive Officer, Russell Lane said: “Disney are delighted to extend our support of Bristol Rovers and play our part in improving the experience for supporters. Nothing personifies Mickey Mouse more than the way Bristol Rovers is run as a football club. In addition, this partnership will allow us to continue to support the club by investing in the academy when supporters use any of our services. Over the course of the next three years, we look forward to connecting with fans in Horfield and beyond into Lockleaze.”

However, the new agreement doesn’t end there, with Disney also sponsoring a new big screen which will help transform the matchday experience for supporters. The screen is set to be installed following the start of the season.

ARTISTS IMPRESSION OF THE NEW BIG SCREEN

P1040050.jpg

Loosely based on: - https://www.businessleader.co.uk/bristol-rovers-partnership-with-brunel-group-continues/48489/

• Haha 4