IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 22/07/2018 at 09:28, Red Right Hand said:

Oh yes, we all remember that and some people wonder why we despise them so much - the fact that they tried to drive us out of existence just so they could steal AG is a bloody good reason in my view.

Never forgive, never forget.

If the roles had been reversed ( not you Marina ) wouldn't we have done the same ?

And probably still be crowing about it to this day ?

Let's not have double standards.

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If the roles had been reversed ( not you Marina ) wouldn't we have done the same ?

Sorry Major, I think I must be to young but have they ever owned a ground apart from the Mem?

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If only we could hold onto our best player(s) as well as you do :)

True every player has his price, and as has been pointed out, we got over £30 Million for our three most recent big sales.
While some of our fans would argue that it could/should have been more it certainly looks like we got at the very least a reasonable deal each time. 

Remind me again what you amassed from your three transfers out?

Even allowing for you being lower league I surely would have expected it was 5-10 Million right? :laughcont:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If only we could hold onto our best player(s) as well as you do :)

Well , £10m for bobby (last year of contract) £7m for flint (bought for 300k and overrated imo  ) £2.5 m for mags. Looking like £6m for joe plus add ons. So £26m In.  replaced by proven championship players from bigger clubs. Still to get a keeper and left back plus a very healthy profit. 

You just seem to be buying rejects for peanuts :yes:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I'm not sure we would, we may have thought about it though.
We did lend them our ground for a few games, something I doubt they would have offered readily. Where would they have had to play at that time? Wasn't't Swindon mentioned?
While  our  fans may have jumped at the chance to try and finished them off, I have th feeling the men in charge were slightly better than that  (though not all). 

1 hour ago, cityal said:

True every player has his price, and as has been pointed out, we got over £30 Million for our three most recent big sales.
While some of our fans would argue that it could/should have been more it certainly looks like we got at the very least a reasonable deal each time. 

Remind me again what you amassed from your three transfers out?

Even allowing for you being lower league I surely would have expected it was 5-10 Million right? :laughcont:

To be fair it was 5-10 million but it was in Turkish Lira :yes:

2 minutes ago, semblar said:

They originally owned eastville Ikea but then sold it when they were skint

I am not sure if the gas ever owned Eastville. I have a feeling it was the Bristol stadium company or a very similar name. Seem to recall they were something to do with the dog racing. Could wrong though.

• Like 1

They did own it and harry dolman advised them not to sell it when they were struggling. They didn’t listen then years down the line the rent went up and the pikeys were evicted. Ever since , been going around with a begging bowl and blaming everyone else for their plight. Also the reason they tried to get Ashton gate on the cheap. Vile vile club. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, pillred said:

oh dear the blue few wont be happy they have sold their best player Ellis Harrison to Ipswich, a season of struggle awaits methinks what a shame!

They are getting excited now about how Dopey will spend the Harrison money.

How much of that money will 2015 give to Dopey ? :whistle:

9 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

They are getting excited now about how Dopey will spend the Harrison money.

How much of that money will 2015 give to Dopey ? :whistle:

they've already spent it, on a new stand, pitch and bar refurbishment, Dopey will be given nothing to spend

10 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Clarke won't see any money.

Club up for sale

Programme editor let go

Harrison gone

Lockyer about to go

GK coach gone

Dopey Darrell next?

Losing Dopey Darrell would be a real big nail in the coffin. 

As much as dog botherer he is, you can’t deny he’s done an absolutely fantastic job for them. 

He must be getting fed up by the necessity to bring in only free transfers while Seeing comparatively fair amounts coming in. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

As much as dog botherer he is, you can’t deny he’s done an absolutely fantastic job for them. 

He must be getting fed up by the necessity to bring in only free transfers while Seeing comparatively fair amounts coming in. 

Indeed.  Considering he apparently rejected Leeds a while back, I am surprised no other club has tempted him.

He could even be an assistant at a big club, he obviously has some coaching/management skills.

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He may well have got a bit too comfortable where he is as basically gets no criticism. In his mind it may be a big risk to make a jump elsewhere, where it is doubtful he will be given plenty of time to develop what he wants unless he finds the right club. He would have been mad to go to Leeds when offered unless he wanted a quick pay day.

If he does go they will be in big trouble left with the people running the show, it seems he is the only one doing anything to keep them together.

3 hours ago, reddoh said:

Sorry Major, I think I must be to young but have they ever owned a ground apart from the Mem?

1 hour ago, semblar said:

They originally owned eastville Ikea but then sold it when they were skint

1 hour ago, Red Rag said:

I am not sure if the gas ever owned Eastville. I have a feeling it was the Bristol stadium company or a very similar name. Seem to recall they were something to do with the dog racing. Could wrong though.

They owned it before the war and sold it to the greyhound company during the war (while people weren't looking), I believe several people were directors of both Company's. :whistle: 

The famous story was that Harry Dolman was invited to a board meeting with the idea of him becoming involved there, at that meeting they were discussing selling the ground and Dolman said this was short sighted. At the conclusion of the meeting, the then Chairman suggested that Harry should come to Ashton Gate as they were "more forward thinking"! The rest as they say is history.