IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, bristolmoose said:

I see Arsenal have tonked PSV Eindhoven 5-1. Obviously not got over their midweek defeat to the gas.

If they had lost to the gas-h I could understand it but wasn't it FC Eindhoven the scum beat? Just been promoted from the Dutch 3rd division.

Blimey, if they had beaten PSV we would never hear the end of it!

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:12, wood_red said:

On first viewing I just thought it was fancy dress and that was a wig - it is a wig isn't it?

It's not.  I've seen that punky haired bloke in Wotton-under-Edge quite a few times - I always give him a wide berth (some diseases aren't treatable!) and from his appearance (he always looks like that although he does look to have scrubbed up a bit for his "holiday")  I had always assumed he was some unfortunate delusional  individual taking time out from his usual place of occupancy...........where similar sad individuals are forced to spend their (satur) days in bleak run down conditions with third world facilities - shunned by the outside world and society with no prospect of ever moving somewhere better or escaping from their miserable plight.

Looks like I was spot on the money there then !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And Ellis Harrison has scored the first goal for Ipswich,  that's cheered them up no end.

I saw after they'd thrashed PSV Dopey was interviewed:

Interviewer: "Is there any news on bringing in a striker?"

Daryl " Yeah, well obviously we've got a list of targets but I'm waiting for the board to tell me what the budget is - how much I can spend"

Spoiler Alert Daryll ........It's a round number ..very round!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If they had lost to the gas-h I could understand it but wasn't it FC Eindhoven the scum beat? Just been promoted from the Dutch 3rd division.

Blimey, if they had beaten PSV we would never hear the end of it!

I believe a few of the fewers believed it was PSV there were playing and got a lob on!

• Haha 1

Gasheads have been stranded in Europe due to flight chaos.

Bristol Rovers fans travelled in their numbers to support the League One club in their penultimate pre-season game away at FC Eindhoven on Wednesday.

Around 300 fans made it to the DOSL Sports Park in Leende, and many have been left stranded in Eindhoven after Ryanair cancelled their flight to London Stansted late last night.

This week the airline has been hit a 48 hour strike by cabin crews, and have been cancelling flights across Europe with thousands of passengers disrupted.

New star signing Ed Upson says Bristol Rovers are in great shape to start the season

Passengers, including several Bristol Rovers fans, left stranded in Eindhoven

The cancellation of the flight back from Eindhoven left football fans scrambling around for ways to get back home.

Some fans booked alternative flights, some stayed at the airport waiting on the reserve list while others have booked flights at airports hundreds of miles away, including Amsterdam and Dortmund at their own cost.

One Rovers fan told BristolLive: “How ridiculous is it that we can get over here to watch Rovers play Eindhoven but we can’t get home to watch them play at the Mem just down the road?”

The same fans have booked a driver to take them the 100 miles to Dortmund in Germany where they have secured flights but will not get home to watch The Gas play Exeter City at home this afternoon.

The Rovers squad successfully flew home from Amsterdam at lunchtime on Friday but by half-time against Exeter, wish they hadn't.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Gasheads have been stranded in Europe due to flight chaos.

Bristol Rovers fans travelled in their numbers to support the League One club in their penultimate pre-season game away at FC Eindhoven on Wednesday.

Around 300 fans made it to the DOSL Sports Park in Leende, and many have been left stranded in Eindhoven after Ryanair cancelled their flight to London Stansted late last night.

This week the airline has been hit a 48 hour strike by cabin crews, and have been cancelling flights across Europe with thousands of passengers disrupted.

New star signing Ed Upson says Bristol Rovers are in great shape to start the season

Passengers, including several Bristol Rovers fans, left stranded in Eindhoven

The cancellation of the flight back from Eindhoven left football fans scrambling around for ways to get back home.

Some fans booked alternative flights, some stayed at the airport waiting on the reserve list while others have booked flights at airports hundreds of miles away, including Amsterdam and Dortmund at their own cost.

One Rovers fan told BristolLive: “How ridiculous is it that we can get over here to watch Rovers play Eindhoven but we can’t get home to watch them play at the Mem just down the road?”

The same fans have booked a driver to take them the 100 miles to Dortmund in Germany where they have secured flights but will not get home to watch The Gas play Exeter City at home this afternoon.

The Rovers squad successfully flew home from Amsterdam at lunchtime on Friday but by half-time against Exeter, wish they hadn't.

what a shame.would have made it all worthwhile !

• Like 2