IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I just googled the meaning of a Franchise in case it has been rebadged to another activity, or I completely misunderstood the structure of Bristol City/Bristol Sport ..

"franchise business is a business in which the owners, or "franchisors", sell the rights to their business logo, name, and model to third party retail outlets, owned by independent, third party operators, called "franchisees". 

If anyone has a bogus account  on asschat could you educate the ******* idiots for their own good please because this term of endearment doesn't quite work and the sooner at least some of those poor folk realise that the better. 

If their thinking was correct and City was the 'men's football department' of Bristol Sport, then Rovers would be exactly the same in their relationship with Dwayne Sport.

#Gaslogic

BUT WE LUV ARE CLUB MORE THAN DA PLASTIC SHITHEAD FRANCHISE 

Rinse and repeat. Your home support is shite, none of you idiots can be bothered to get up on a Saturday afternoon to watch the 11 turds on the pitch play the worst football in all 9 divisions of English football. 

Your away support is average, only because your home support is utterly diabolical.

The plastic franchise got 20,000 fans at home this Saturday, and this is with selling all our best players and a slightly mediocre feeling around the club at the moment.

So no, you don't love your club more than us, you don't love your club more than Shrewsbury, Crewe, Sheffield United or Manchester City. You're just another club, with tents for stands and a tendency to punch horses.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don't admire them. I think most of them are mugs who practically allowed their club to sleep walk into Non League because asking questions and expecting better is seen as a bad thing up there for some reason? Too busy patting each other on the back telling themselves they're something special to fully appreciate what a laughing stock they've become.

But this is exactly the sort of w@nky rubbish many of them come out with on a regular basis. They don't love their club more than we love ours, far from it judging by their crowds over the years compared to City. 

Not sure how we can be called 'plastic' or a 'franchise' when we've never left Bristol and still play at our spiritual home of over a century? 

Gaslogic....

Because they need something to cling to whilst watching the utter ******* shambles that they are in a non league ground.

Don’t worry though The Post will continue to say their fans are the best in the universe for the rest of time..

Tinpot outfit.

8 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Oh my word. It's actually happened.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/statement-stand-memorial-stadium/

"It is with great disappointment that we have to inform supporters that the two new stands due to be installed this summer will now not be ready in time for the start of the season."

More lies,

tents are either inflated or pitched, but not installed. 

Compulsive liers 

A thought occurs: Are they actually trying to be a complete laughing stock/totally tinpot for a while?

Maybe if they somehow raise their game and become just "utterly incompetent" their moronic sheep will lap it up and think its progress? - no doubt in the process hailing wally and his "management" team as messiahs and carrying them down the street on their shoulders 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

"The new Bristol Energy Family Stand due to be built on the 3rd,4th & 5th September and will be in use for supporters for the match with Plymouth on September 8th. "

So our new stands take just over a year to build. Theirs take 3 days :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Bristol Energy...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-energy-running-84million-loss-1132124

https://utilityweek.co.uk/bristol-energy-receives-2m-council-owner/

So taxpayers in Bristol have so far given/invested a total of 19million in this loss making energy firm, and they can seemingly 'afford' to sponsor Rovers.

Me thinks it might be time to ask Marvellous Marvin how much sponsorship he is authorising down BS3 this year.....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/statement-stand-memorial-stadium/

"It is with great disappointment that we have to inform supporters that the two new stands due to be installed this summer will now not be ready in time for the start of the season."

The last statement I saw was about Brexit so presumably this is connected with that..

26 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

No doubt the tent sponsors will now withdraw support.

https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/

https://scouts.org.uk/home/

43 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ha!

No, absolutely not - she went out with and later married (I believe) Richard O'Sullivan (the Robin in Robin's Nest), but most certainly not David Kelly!

I didn’t mean she was getting a seeing to by O’Reilley Phil, she’s better than that

Our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   Gaslogic ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   Gaslogic ;)

Heard it was an issue with payment 

43 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

gaschat is priceles  - to pick one of many entertaining threads:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12657/new-stand?page=2

Is "Oldgas" a City fan in disguise? His post could have been written by any of us.

It illustrates the absolute effing shambles this club has become.
Close season for 2 months, what have they just realised they are one stand (SW), and 2 promised stands ( one each end of North Terrace) light?
perhaps they're going to say they've just realised we're 2 strikers light as well.
You couldn't effing make it up. If someone went to the BBC with a comedy script about a football club based on Rovers they'd turn it down as being too far fetched.
Embarrasing shambles. Al Quadi and co should hang their heads in shame. In some ways Higgs was better than them, at least he didn't need a paid Chairman, CEO and God knows how many paid back-room flunkies to completely f@ck things up.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Is "Oldgas" a City fan in disguise? His post could have been written by any of us.

It illustrates the absolute effing shambles this club has become.
Close season for 2 months, what have they just realised they are one stand (SW), and 2 promised stands ( one each end of North Terrace) light?
perhaps they're going to say they've just realised we're 2 strikers light as well.
You couldn't effing make it up. If someone went to the BBC with a comedy script about a football club based on Rovers they'd turn it down as being too far fetched.
Embarrasing shambles. Al Quadi and co should hang their heads in shame. In some ways Higgs was better than them, at least he didn't need a paid Chairman, CEO and God knows how many paid back-room flunkies to completely f@ck things up.

These things take time.

7 hours ago, Super said:

Still no sign of the new stand.....

So it looks like the new east stand hasn't arrived yet. I know they said it was quick to put up, but surely 4 days before the game is cutting it a bit fine.

We already know the SW stand is delayed, and people will be moved to the south stand instead. Will the people who have a ticket for the NE stand be directed back to the family terrace? Presumably some of them will need the seat they paid for and will therefore go to the South Stand. The away fans who bought seats will need their segregated area in the south stand. That's a lot of people being redirected to the south stand.

Combine that with a new automatic turnstile system that has never been match tested, it could be a fun Saturday.

You only get what you pay for

ho wait have they. Paid for the stand 

I reckon Al Quadis could literally urinate on their chips ( the £4.50) ones and they’d believe it was raining 

The club statement says....

"because their construction is more complex, our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain."

Clearly the club are laying the blame at the contractors door. Anyone saying it's the club's fault is either talking BS or alleging that the club are downright liars and are making this excuse up.

I know who I'd rather believe.

FTG!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bristol Energy...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-energy-running-84million-loss-1132124

https://utilityweek.co.uk/bristol-energy-receives-2m-council-owner/

So taxpayers in Bristol have so far given/invested a total of 19million in this loss making energy firm, and they can seemingly 'afford' to sponsor Rovers.

Me thinks it might be time to ask Marvellous Marvin how much sponsorship he is authorising down BS3 this year.....

Quite so Rob.