IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

They are having to Photoshop in out-of-focus training pitches as a background now to save the embarrassment of plastic chairs, tents and unploughed fields masquerading as training grounds:-

StefanPayne.jpg.f1c0f4cb4b1dcc39b441422227f9342b.jpg

Football Index, where you can buy and sell players for REAL money!

WTF?

Is it me or have they ‘signed’ two players from premier league clubs in this window - Huddersfield and Watford?! Bet they’re crowing about that because our two premier league signings are ‘only’ from B&HA and Chelsea...although surely they should have got Da Silva due to their ‘billionaire’s relationship with Chelsea’ ?! Will never forget the pathetic sag on their forum who literally couldn’t believe that Tammy chose us when he could have gone to Chernobyl...it’s true, he was being serious! 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

Sounds to me that Henbury **** wants his details removing on here. Despite the fact that those same details were found by our members on their forum, mostly posted by him?

Free the Henbury Gas one
Gas

Free the Henbury Gas one Avatar

Posting Level

7 hours ago

Quote fS0fyuiIrKpacSxYyqiQ.pnglikedislike
Post Options

Post by Free the Henbury Gas one on 7 hours ago

somersetgas Avatar
Being on the end of some abuse, the path for retribution was very limited, but with the advent of the new GDPR rules, the "owners" of forums/social Media sites now have to be very careful about what is "posted" on their sites...

Something i'm investigating with the help of a media savvy law firm as we speak

Does this make moderating this forum harder for the moderators? Should they be looking at more posts and should they charge to use the site if that is the case. Your input would be most useful, I take it Before the 25th May anything is non GDPR, it is only anything after this date?

Thats is one i'm still trying to find out ! 

I know there is a "process" that has to be followed closely if you want to pursue a public forum/media site to get some action taken, which is what i'm doing at the moment. 

If you send an informal polite request to have information removed, most will do it, but if not a formal legal approach in the form of a letter from a solicitor will solve the problem, but you have to give them time to respond.

1 hour ago, Cider_boy said:

Sounds to me that Henbury **** wants his details removing on here. Despite the fact that those same details were found by our members on their forum, mostly posted by him?

Free the Henbury Gas one
Gas

Posting Level

7 hours ago

Quote fS0fyuiIrKpacSxYyqiQ.pnglikedislike
Post Options

Post by Free the Henbury Gas one on 7 hours ago

somersetgas Avatar
Being on the end of some abuse, the path for retribution was very limited, but with the advent of the new GDPR rules, the "owners" of forums/social Media sites now have to be very careful about what is "posted" on their sites...

Something i'm investigating with the help of a media savvy law firm as we speak

Does this make moderating this forum harder for the moderators? Should they be looking at more posts and should they charge to use the site if that is the case. Your input would be most useful, I take it Before the 25th May anything is non GDPR, it is only anything after this date?

Thats is one i'm still trying to find out ! 

I know there is a "process" that has to be followed closely if you want to pursue a public forum/media site to get some action taken, which is what i'm doing at the moment. 

If you send an informal polite request to have information removed, most will do it, but if not a formal legal approach in the form of a letter from a solicitor will solve the problem, but you have to give them time to respond.

Correct.

He openly posted his Company’s details on their open forum, legally if said post gets mentioned on another forum I can’t see him having a leg to stand on to get it removed, seeing as it originally came from himself? Could be wrong though.

Remember he fixes Bristol Sports I.T issues so why would he have a problem with it being mentioned on here?

Answer: He’s a complete bullshitter that’s why ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GDPR only applies if you PROCESS personal data; meaning that you do something with it.

If you're not going to do anything with it then you're not going to collect it in the first place.  Somebody posting the personal details of another person on a forum has absolutely zero to do with GDPR.

Though I am sure that as a world-renowned IT expert Henbury Gas or his savvy legal adviser (aka John from the chippy) are fully up on this legislation so would already know this.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

GDPR only applies if you PROCESS personal data; meaning that you do something with it.

If you're not going to do anything with it then you're not going to collect it in the first place.  Somebody posting the personal details of another person on a forum has absolutely zero to do with GDPR.

Though I am sure that as a world-renowned IT expert Henbury Gas or his savvy legal adviser (aka John from the chippy) are fully up on this legislation so would already know this.

Spot on, I’ve been working on a project for a large Bank for GDPR , I only hope this law firm are taking our old friend Henbury Gas towards a large invoice !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, daored said:

Spot on, I’ve been working on a project for a large Bank for GDPR , I only hope this law firm are taking our old friend Henbury Gas towards a large invoice !

He sounds like he is getting confused between libel and GDPR.

I would also suggest this law firm he has appointed don't exist.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

He does seem to live in a rather sad fantasy world doesn't he?

He doesn't need a lawyer to tell him when you are in a hole stop digging.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Henbury wrong and making things up? Surely not.

Worryingly some of the others are asking him for advice and he is generously sharing his pig ignorance with them.

Talk about fake news!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He does seem to live in a rather sad fantasy world doesn't he?

He doesn't need a lawyer to tell him when you are in a hole stop digging.

a lawyer will tell him to keep digging until the lawyer has made as much money as he can.

ps not stalking just coincidence. 

17 minutes ago, B block said:

Big stadium announcement today apparently !

waels obviously been busy with his Lego bricks over the last few weeks 

Maybe the announcement is that they have sold it to property developers.

But don't worry as Bath City will let them play at Twerton again.

It will be couched as a good thing because a new Rovers stadium is now planned on an artificial island in the Bristol Channel for which planning has been submitted.

Let me translate wales interview

lots of projects, lots and lots of them, all option include playing on the moon and even deep space.

training ground is full steam ahead once the first team harvest the potatoes that are currently on it we will see if we can move in within 200 years, by which time our deep space pitch will be ready

Delusion not evolution 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, B block said:

Let me translate wales interview

lots of projects, lots and lots of them, all option include playing on the moon and even deep space.

training ground is full steam ahead once the first team harvest the potatoes that are currently on it we will see if we can move in within 200 years, by which time our deep space pitch will be ready

Delusion not evolution 

Just listened to the first 5 minutes or so of the interview. The rovers owner was squirming like a well hooked fish. Wouldn't commit to any details or timelines, just promised that everything would happen eventually with no details of anything whatsoever.

More or less confirmed that their new training ground won't be ready for next season by saying that 'if' it isn't done by April (when the lease runs out on their current place), they will put a temporary solution in place. It's apparently just a field full of weeds right now, in Tentyman's words.