IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

On my travels and you look at the iPad for results to see rovers have lost 2.1 to the mighty Stanley . I’m sat here pissing my self at the richest club in Bristol loseing again

forever in our shadows..........

I had the pleasure of driving across Horfield common just as the first glum faced blue few started shuffling out of the mem like zombies - after hearing we’d come back from 2 down it made my afternoon to be honest! 

There results never really bothered me that much in the last few years UNTIL the fake shake took over and they all started coming in there pants on what they were going to do and how they were going to put us in our place . For a while they really did think they were going to have the upper hand big time 

• Like 1

I just don’t get why some City fans feel the need to crow when the gas lose. Their result is as inconsequential to me as any other lower league team.

There was a time when the gas were in the same league as us but it’s difficult for me to remember when. It seems so long ago............

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I just don’t get why some City fans feel the need to crow when the gas lose. Their result is as inconsequential to me as any other lower league team.

There was a time when the gas were in the same league as us but it’s difficult for me to remember when. It seems so long ago............

I shouldn’t fret , or try too

You struggle to remember what happened last season 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Rather focus on us

We do, hence why there is a whole forum and sub forum focused on ‘us’.

Sticks has made one post.

im ******* delighted the ***** lost at home 2-1. You can post this every Saturday if you like @sticks 1969

Edited by 054123
**** off irene, **** off irene...
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So says their supporters chauffeur....

They are inconsequential these days but you've been around long enough to remember why we don't like them surely?

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

We do, hence why there is a whole forum and sub forum focused on ‘us’.

Sticks has made one post.

im ******* delighted the ***** lost at home 2-1. You can post this every Saturday if you like @sticks 1969

And the most popular thread is the gas one,I guess it’s young uns post on it because as someone said above Cardiff are the rivals when it comes down to the nitty gritty 

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

says the bloke who went to Wembley with them :gasmask:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And the most popular thread is the gas one,I guess it’s young uns post on it because as someone said above Cardiff are the rivals when it comes down to the nitty gritty 

That’s a technicality I’m afraid. Anything Rovers related is lumped under one post. It’s helps reduce ‘focus’

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

So says their supporters chauffeur....

They are inconsequential these days but you've been around long enough to remember why we don't like them surely?

Not really. In all the years 50+ that I’ve been attending AG, I’ve never had a real dislike let alone hatred for the gas. They’re football fans, just as we are but like every club they have a bunch of neantherdals who say and act in dumb and idiotic fashion. 

Some of our fans are exactly the same.

All the furore about burning down stadiums, Holloway chuntering about his dislike for City........all contributes more angst  to certain elements of both sets of fans. To me it’s all a bit Stone Age and I like to think that I’m above all that shit.

I know several gas heads and we often exchange harmless banter about our respective clubs. I’m always able to take the high morale ground.............

I dislike Swindon way more.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not really. In all the years 50+ that I’ve been attending AG, I’ve never had a real dislike let alone hatred for the gas. They’re football fans, just as we are but like every club they have a bunch of neantherdals who say and act in dumb and idiotic fashion. 

All the furore about burning down stadiums, Holloway chuntering about his dislike for City........all contributes more angst  to certain elements of both sets of fans. To me it’s all a bit Stone Age and I like to think that I’m above all that shit.

I know several gas heads and we often exchange harmless banter about our respective clubs. I’m always able to take the high morale ground.............

Born and bred in Kingswood. Had the displeasure of growing up with the fewers. In 82 I was at speedwell school with the ***** and got slaughtered for our troubles. Will never forget them trying to take Ashton from us. Then to cap it all off I drank in the same pubs as them in 1990. So please excuse me whilst I celebrate the last near 18 years, Funnily enough most of the ones dishing it out have become bitter sad bastards. I'm loving it 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Born and bred in Kingswood. Had the displeasure of growing up with the fewers. In 82 I was at speedwell school with the ***** and got slaughtered for our troubles. Will never forget them trying to take Ashton from us. Then to cap it all off I drank in the same pubs as them in 1990. So please excuse me whilst I celebrate the last near 18 years, Funnily enough most of the ones dishing it out have become bitter sad bastards. I'm loving it 

Good for you.

Im glad to say that I have a much warmer relationship with the gas heads I know. We just take the piss out of each other with no bad feelings either way. 

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

Listening to Wael on twentyman i would be bricking it if i was gas,Wael is full of shite

I too listened to this interview whilst out driving earlier. 

Put it this way, if I was a fan of a football club and that was the owner/owner's representative - I'd be livid. 

No direction, no timescales, no clear answers to any of GT's questions. Plenty of ifs, buts, and maybes.

When asked whether a 3-year plan would be realistic for a stadium redevelopment, all Wael could say is "that's a bit early". Whereas Lansdown spoke clearly once AV was dead that AG would, under no uncertain terms, go ahead - this Wael character can't even convince himself that his brother or "Dwayne Sports" are even pledging their commitment to the cause.

I was astounded when GT asked him about the family and the Dwayne Sports Enterprise's commitment to the club - to which he could only reply about his own personal investment. When further questioned by GT, all Wael could reply with was "well they haven't told me anything to the contrary". 

The mind boggles!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Good for you.

Im glad to say that I have a much warmer relationship with the gas heads I know. We just take the piss out of each other with no bad feelings either way. 

So have I with some of them , what I would call proper mates . Most of them though are bitter bastards. 

It must help with you, seeing you give them a lift to games??

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've still got the scars from rocks thrown through train windows by your blue friends, so you'll excuse me from joining your gas love in. 

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The irony of this post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So have I with some of them , what I would call proper mates . Most of them though are bitter bastards. 

It must help with you, seeing you give them a lift to games

I did once drive gas head mates to Wembley. They had a whip round n the pub to buy my ticket if I’d drive them up as they all wanted to go on the piss.

Everyone thought it was funny that a die hard City fan was driving gasheads up to Wembley. Wembley had just been completed after the rebuild and the Gas match was one of the first to be played there. It was an amazing place buy I can’t remember who the other team was, Bury possibly...........not that it matters. Lots of water under the bridge since then.