IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

27 minutes ago, 054123 said:

That’s a technicality I’m afraid. Anything Rovers related is lumped under one post. It’s helps reduce ‘focus’

True but why is what they are upto is of major importance is beyond me,I’m guessing here I admit because I don’t read them but I wouldn’t of thought Man City would have a 2000 page on Man U or visa versa or Swindon and Oxford 

10 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I've still got the scars from rocks thrown through train windows by your blue friends, so you'll excuse me from joining your gas love in. 

I’ve still got scars from the kicking I took at Swindon 40 odd years ago, including a stab wound scar in my right leg.....point is if you get involved in football violence there’s a good chance you’ll get hurt. A similar thing happened to me at Oxford but I don’t hate Oxford...

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not really. In all the years 50+ that I’ve been attending AG, I’ve never had a real dislike let alone hatred for the gas. They’re football fans, just as we are but like every club they have a bunch of neantherdals who say and act in dumb and idiotic fashion. 

Some of our fans are exactly the same.

All the furore about burning down stadiums, Holloway chuntering about his dislike for City........all contributes more angst  to certain elements of both sets of fans. To me it’s all a bit Stone Age and I like to think that I’m above all that shit.

I know several gas heads and we often exchange harmless banter about our respective clubs. I’m always able to take the high morale ground.............

I dislike Swindon way more.

Good post apart from the Swindon bit,

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I did once drive gas head mates to Wembley. They had a whip round n the pub to buy my ticket if I’d drive them up as they all wanted to go on the piss.

Everyone thought it was funny that a die hard City fan was driving gasheads up to Wembley. Wembley had just been completed after the rebuild and the Gas match was one of the first to be played there. It was an amazing place buy I can’t remember who the other team was, Bury possibly...........not that it matters. Lots of water under the bridge since then.

So you actually went to a gas play off final in the gas end. I'm sorry but you are a shambles. If my gas mates had offered me money to drive them there( they wouldn't of mind because they know I hate them) I would of told the ***** to walk . there's friendship then there's being a bitch . You my friend are a gas bitch. Whenever I address you from now on you will be called bitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

True but why is what they are upto is of major importance is beyond me,I’m guessing here I admit because I don’t read them but I wouldn’t of thought Man City would have a 2000 page on Man U or visa versa or Swindon and Oxford 

Rovers has done some genuinely hilarious things over the last few years and continues to do so.  Tonight's example being a "sack the manger and assistant" thread on Gaschat and giving Accrington their first victory for ?eighty years in Division three.

Of course people are going to take an interest. 

And whilst there may be some nastiness on this thread and some deeply unfunny stuff there have also been countless laugh out loud funny postings.

I would entirely expect Man city / Man Utd to have a huge thread on each other's forums but don't propose to go looking for them..

And, as I have said it befiore, I quite like the Rovers and would be genuinely upset if they went bust but it doesn't stop me laughing at their shenanigans.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I would entirely expect Man city / Man Utd to have a huge thread on each other's forums but don't propose to go looking for them..

And, as I have said it befiore, I quite like the Rovers and would be genuinely upset if they went bust but it doesn't stop me laughing at their shenanigans.

Not so sure, Ed. I don't think the populance of Cornwall and Chelmsford have much of a beef with Man City fans....

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ve still got scars from the kicking I took at Swindon 40 odd years ago, including a stab wound scar in my right leg.....point is if you get involved in football violence there’s a good chance you’ll get hurt. A similar thing happened to me at Oxford but I don’t hate Oxford...

I wasn't involved in football violence, I was an innocent passenger on a football special train, which was hit in a premeditated attack by R"Vers 'fans' , so to me, every single one of them is a ****!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you actually went to a gas play off final in the gas end. I'm sorry but you are a shambles. If my gas mates had offered me money to drive them there( they wouldn't of mind because they know I hate them) I would of told the ***** to walk . there's friendship then there's being a bitch . You my friend are a gas bitch. Whenever I address you from now on you will be called bitch.

They were blokes I drank with back then and I’d call them mates. We played golf and skittles together and shared a busy social life outside of football. Sadly the guy whose suggested the idea passed away a couple of years ago.

Call me bitch all you want Steve. It’s water off a ducks back to me. 

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I did once drive gas head mates to Wembley. They had a whip round n the pub to buy my ticket if I’d drive them up as they all wanted to go on the piss.

Everyone thought it was funny that a die hard City fan was driving gasheads up to Wembley. Wembley had just been completed after the rebuild and the Gas match was one of the first to be played there. It was an amazing place buy I can’t remember who the other team was, Bury possibly...........not that it matters. Lots of water under the bridge since then.

I'm not that impressed by Wembley as a stadium. Just didn't feel remotely iconic or the 'home' of football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Depends if you collated all posts which mentioned them I supposed

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Rovers has done some genuinely hilarious things over the last few years and continues to do so.  Tonight's example being a "sack the manger and assistant" thread on Gaschat and giving Accrington their first victory for ?eighty years in Division three.

Of course people are going to take an interest. 

And whilst there may be some nastiness on this thread and some deeply unfunny stuff there have also been countless laugh out loud funny postings.

Why you reading gas chat unless you are obsessed with them

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

I too listened to this interview whilst out driving earlier. 

Put it this way, if I was a fan of a football club and that was the owner/owner's representative - I'd be livid. 

No direction, no timescales, no clear answers to any of GT's questions. Plenty of ifs, buts, and maybes.

When asked whether a 3-year plan would be realistic for a stadium redevelopment, all Wael could say is "that's a bit early". Whereas Lansdown spoke clearly once AV was dead that AG would, under no uncertain terms, go ahead - this Wael character can't even convince himself that his brother or "Dwayne Sports" are even pledging their commitment to the cause.

I was astounded when GT asked him about the family and the Dwayne Sports Enterprise's commitment to the club - to which he could only reply about his own personal investment. When further questioned by GT, all Wael could reply with was "well they haven't told me anything to the contrary". 

The mind boggles!

Just listened.....................WHAT a cringe worthy effort from Wally that was !    Fair play to    gt for trying to get blood from a stone. I would have asked him what was the point of him being here if he's going to hide behind that "legal ethics" bollocks !      He told the fans (and us ) absolutely sweet f a .            He is obviously the runt of the litter being given a toy to play with while the grown ups get on with serious business  !      

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

So you are the same joke amongst your fellow Gashead mates as you are to the rest of OTIB? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ok obsession was the wrong word,sad was more appropriate 

People can be interested in more than one club because of a general interest in football.

You, however, are clearly a total belter who I mistook for a decent person because of the Joe Jordan reference in the username.  Congrtulations on becoming only the third person on my ignore list in over ten years.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

So you are the same joke amongst your fellow Gashead mates as you are to the rest of OTIB? 

I never was a joke amongst the gasheads. It was the other regulars in the pub who thought it was funny - most of them non football fans.

Btw - it’s my role to be a joke on here as I’m the pantomime villain.......I have a role to maintain.

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ok obsession was the wrong word,sad was more appropriate 

It's actually quite entertaining if it's slow news day for City. Or Robbored is in full troll mode.

Anyway, aren't you reading and replying to a forum thread about R*vers? Is there really much difference? We can have a laugh at our observations of them or have a laugh at their observations of themselves. Either way, it's pretty bloody funny.