IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

At least eight of the poor blue buggers could drown their sorrows this afternoon...

Screenshot_20180811-183205_Twitter.jpg

Take the pee all you want, BUT that is one of Wallys projects that has been completed - even though they never paid for it....

44 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

People can be interested in more than one club because of a general interest in football.

You, however, are clearly a total belter who I mistook for a decent person because of the Joe Jordan reference in the username.  Congrtulations on becoming only the third person on my ignore list in over ten years.

Well done for using the word belter soft lad,ignore me as if I care snowflake 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

42 minutes ago, Xiled said:

It's actually quite entertaining if it's slow news day for City. Or Robbored is in full troll mode.

Anyway, aren't you reading and replying to a forum thread about R*vers? Is there really much difference? We can have a laugh at our observations of them or have a laugh at their observations of themselves. Either way, it's pretty bloody funny.

Good point 

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I never was a joke amongst the gasheads. It was the other regulars in the pub who thought it was funny - most of them non football fans.

Btw - it’s my role to be a joke on here as I’m the pantomime villain.......I have a role to maintain.

Oh no he isn't! 

A Saghead in a nutshell...

What did you expect from him? Our club is in the best position we've been for a long time. Rather than getting on his back and being a keyboard warrior. Give the bloke a bit of credit. How many owners do you see mixing with fans? He can't just chuck money and buy players and build a stadium. It's doesn't work like that. Rather than moaning and groining like the scum just get behind everyone at the club. Rant over

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

A Saghead in a nutshell...

What did you expect from him? Our club is in the best position we've been for a long time. Rather than getting on his back and being a keyboard warrior. Give the bloke a bit of credit. How many owners do you see mixing with fans? He can't just chuck money and buy players and build a stadium. It's doesn't work like that. Rather than moaning and groining like the scum just get behind everyone at the club. Rant over

I suppose when you've been a non league team, bottom four in league one is quite an achievement. 

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

So they only took 800 fans to their first ever visit to the Reebok and first to Bolton for 30 years? How tinpot

To be fair losing to Accrington Stanley was not an upset, just found out that the Horsepunching boob cricketers have lost the last 7 fixtures against them....WTF ????

Edited by Redstoke

Given that Wally wants a self sufficient club and they won't put any money in, and they lose a couple of million a season....

And we consider that generally speak the cost of land and major building work increases year on year....

And we assume that a new stadium won't see change from 50mil....

With each year that passes, they are probably ANOTHER two years minimum from getting a new ground, and that timescale can only increase.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Lose at home to Accrington and who are the obesessed ones?  Embarrssing

6B234A10-28F2-4CE0-8266-59D02FFA97D2.jpeg

Yeah, I wonder how many they’d take to Bolton if they went there practically every year like we do? Newsflash Sagheads, having loads of plastics who suddenly make an effort when it’s a nice big ground you’ve never been to before doesn’t make you anything special.

This is what they take when it’s a ground they visit every season....on a Saturday as well:

C316E7D6-F5F2-47F4-9804-4C3F9E8641EC.jpeg

• Like 3

Somebody in here suggested the better pitch will be their downfall , well how about this beauty after today

:laughcont:

Having a decent pitch could be our downfall, it’s prob why our away form under dc has generally been poor last couple seasons. Dc has to change the way we play all Accrington done today was pass it by us all game with 1-2s etc, we have to change our long ball style

• Haha 5

Unless I’ve missed it has no one discussed  their new electronic turnstiles ?

Credit where credits due , as at AG they are up with the modern technology

The electronic turnstiles ..... hmmm

Well they’re sort of electronic .... it appears that the Sags scan their tickets /cards and if the light turns green a bloke presses a pedal to allow them entry

FFS can't we get anything right?
The only thing I could do was laugh as the guy watched me beep my card at the machine before pressing a peddle to let me through!

My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through.

Still it sounds a state of the art system allowing swift and safe entry .....

...........ohhhhhhhhh...... hang on .........

I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle).

And if it couldn’t be more funny , the new state of the art system is defended by a few 

It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money.
Jobs a success

t

Ticket Fraud ?   :laughcont:

At the Minimal ? :laughcont:

This plus if people read their ST Card, you are asked to retain it for future seasons if you renew, cutting down on administration and associated costs

Exactly, modernisation as well as it is tied in with away prioritisation and probably marketing and catering in the future

Yes , don’t people realise that the cards used for season cards can be purchased in quantities for about 20p each

I guess saving issuing new cards will help pay for that elusive goal scorer 

Jesus wept , you couldn’t make it up ... the eternal gift that keeps giving

:clapping::laughcont:

Well worth a read

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12691/electronic-turnstiles

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unless I’ve missed it has no one discussed  their new electronic turnstiles ?

Credit where credits due , as at AG they are up with the modern technology

The electronic turnstiles ..... hmmm

Well they’re sort of electronic .... it appears that the Sags scan their tickets /cards and if the light turns green a bloke presses a pedal to allow them entry

FFS can't we get anything right?
The only thing I could do was laugh as the guy watched me beep my card at the machine before pressing a peddle to let me through!

My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through.

Still it sounds a state of the art system allowing swift and safe entry .....

...........ohhhhhhhhh...... hang on .........

I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle).

And if it couldn’t be more funny , the new state of the art system is defended by one 

It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money.
Jobs a success

t

Ticket Fraud ?   :laughcont:

At the Minimal ? :laughcont:

Jesus wept , you couldn’t make it up ... the eternal gift that keeps giving

:clapping::laughcont:

The new plan for this season is the 'lock in' - to replace the previously lauded 'lock out',  Wally reckons that by charging people to go in, and then keeping them there, he can make a few coins on the concession stands.

• Haha 1

In response to criticism of Waels ducking of all questions on Twentyman today a Sag posted this 

And this years National Award for the most deluded is .........

Do you not think that's what there working towards. Rather than coming out and saying this and that to give us hope and then just taking it away like the previous board. At the end of the day it's a business running a football club and we need to generate more income to sustain building a stadium etc. Which is the reason the club shop and bars have been refurbished to create that.

:laughcont:

Best position in a long time’

??????????? :whistle:

:whistle:

:thumbsup:  Yep true, we agree , you havnt been so close........ to administration , for probably 25 yrs

and just to round off a most enjoyable visit to their forum I spotted this 

59D1CBFF-1A67-40CD-8C31-918E83F36060.png

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 2

I hope Darrell and his rabble realise they spoilt this poor Sags evening

Just home in darkest Somerset and in a foul mood. Pretty awful performance against an Accrington side who were well up for it and deserved their win. Cancelled my evening out with the good lady and decided to stay at home. Will spend my evening looking out of the lounge window and shaking my fist and mouthing obscenities at the passers-by. I will feel better by Tuesday.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

I too listened to this interview whilst out driving earlier. 

Put it this way, if I was a fan of a football club and that was the owner/owner's representative - I'd be livid. 

No direction, no timescales, no clear answers to any of GT's questions. Plenty of ifs, buts, and maybes.

When asked whether a 3-year plan would be realistic for a stadium redevelopment, all Wael could say is "that's a bit early". Whereas Lansdown spoke clearly once AV was dead that AG would, under no uncertain terms, go ahead - this Wael character can't even convince himself that his brother or "Dwayne Sports" are even pledging their commitment to the cause.

I was astounded when GT asked him about the family and the Dwayne Sports Enterprise's commitment to the club - to which he could only reply about his own personal investment. When further questioned by GT, all Wael could reply with was "well they haven't told me anything to the contrary". 

The mind boggles!

The more I listen to GT the more respect I have for him as an interviewer.

Everyone reading this thread should listen to the Wally interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06frc2m

It starts about 4:20 minutes in and lasts about 15 mins

He is the quiet assassin and to miss quote Billy Joel, “he carelessly cuts you and laughs while you’re bleeding”

Geof asks all the questions all Sags want answering and surprise, surprise, not one was answered.

GT reveals what a complete fraud Wally is and is so nice about it that Wally is oblivious to the fact that he is being exposed as a complete fraud and Walter Mitty, as we all suspected from day one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I hope Darrell and his rabble realise they spoilt this poor Sags evening

Just home in darkest Somerset and in a foul mood. Pretty awful performance against an Accrington side who were well up for it and deserved their win. Cancelled my evening out with the good lady and decided to stay at home. Will spend my evening looking out of the lounge window and shaking my fist and mouthing obscenities at the passers-by. I will feel better by Tuesday.

His missus a MILK maid?

1 hour ago, zippycar said:

The more I listen to GT the more respect I have for him as an interviewer.

Everyone reading this thread should listen to the Wally interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06frc2m

It starts about 4:20 minutes in and lasts about 15 mins

He is the quiet assassin and to miss quote Billy Joel, “he carelessly cuts you and laughs while you’re bleeding”

Geof asks all the questions all Sags want answering and surprise, surprise, not one was answered.

GT reveals what a complete fraud Wally is and is so nice about it that Wally is oblivious to the fact that he is being exposed as a complete fraud and Walter Mitty, as we all suspected from day one.

Can't let that go Bert. Your bellends were all over the Tube and forum from day one of Wally's tenure giving it large. "We'll have Ashton Gate as our training ground" being one of the more imbecilic comments.

We've always suspected he was a fraud because a load on here did some digging into the bloke, his family and their supposed wealth. When trying to point out the facts to sags we were constantly met with a euphoric blindness. "You're just jealous that we're now the 6th richest club in the world", "We'll overtake you in a couple of years", "We're coming for you", etc, etc.

No way do you get to wash your hands of any of the twattish behaviour from sag fans since the fake sheik took over.

I hope you go bust and cease to exist. Sooner rather than later.

** Why this is showing as a quote from zippycar as opposed to Bert Tann gawd only knows.

Edited by Malbec
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Umm                 Well.          All viable options.       Umm.               Umm.            Well.           Legal reasons.              Ummm.         Ummm.             Well.             Umm.       All viable options.                  Umm 

An absolute car crash of an interview.

We shouldn't be surprised, though.