IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, zippycar said:

The more I listen to GT the more respect I have for him as an interviewer.

Everyone reading this thread should listen to the Wally interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06frc2m

It starts about 4:20 minutes in and lasts about 15 mins

He is the quiet assassin and to miss quote Billy Joel, “he carelessly cuts you and laughs while you’re bleeding”

Geof asks all the questions all Sags want answering and surprise, surprise, not one was answered.

GT reveals what a complete fraud Wally is and is so nice about it that Wally is oblivious to the fact that he is being exposed as a complete fraud and Walter Mitty, as we all suspected from day one.

I have just listened to the interview and all I can say is Wael is so full of BS that it's hard not to stop laughing. How gasheads cannot see through his waffle and lack of commitment defeats me. The guy is a chancer, he has no plan for a ground, the training ground explanation sounds a farce and the "projects" to improve the match day experience which some are overdue just about sums him up. A match made in heaven him and ragbag Rovers

Will look forward to seeing them train at Eastville park next year. They are heading nowhere fast regards redeveloping the Mem or getting a new ground that is pretty obvious and will be in a relegation scrap this season

Wael is a fraud and we all know that, they are in deep S**t and before long will be in administration once the loan runs out and then Wael will be off 

Edited by INCRED
  • Like 1

I don't get the impression that he's a fraud; rather that despite being notionally the owner he has as much decision-making authority as Steve Hamer: none.

So as he's not making the decisions about what happens about a stadium all he knows is what he's being told by the family members who are making such decisions.  Which doesn't appear to be much.

And blathering about "these things take time" doesn't help.  The remaining £5m unmortgaged value of the Memorial Stadium will only fund about two and a half years when you're splurging £2m a year on a London office and various highly paid talking heads.

Time is the main thing that they haven't got.

• Like 1

Listened to that interview with a genuine open mind. Wow, he really didnt want to say very much and he certainly didn't want to commit to anything about the Ground or the Training Facility. I'm very surprised he wasn't better prepared for that .

Lots of deflections, lots of mystery and all in all if I was one of the "Bitters" I'd be very suspicious and feel very let down. 

He talks of himself being committed...but deflects questions about DS or Hani's commitment. 

"Several possible future venues"....? I wonder if they've just lost interest and are just clipping questions into the long grass for someone else (an owner at a later stage) to answer. 

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I hope Darrell and his rabble realise they spoilt this poor Sags evening

Just home in darkest Somerset and in a foul mood. Pretty awful performance against an Accrington side who were well up for it and deserved their win. Cancelled my evening out with the good lady and decided to stay at home. Will spend my evening looking out of the lounge window and shaking my fist and mouthing obscenities at the passers-by. I will feel better by Tuesday.

This was probably poated by Darrell himself.

• Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Listened to that interview with a genuine open mind. Wow, he really didnt want to say very much and he certainly didn't want to commit to anything about the Ground or the Training Facility. I'm very surprised he wasn't better prepared for that .

Lots of deflections, lots of mystery and all in all if I was one of the "Bitters" I'd be very suspicious and feel very let down. 

He talks of himself being committed...but deflects questions about DS or Hani's commitment. 

"Several possible future venues"....? I wonder if they've just lost interest and are just clipping questions into the long grass for someone else (an owner at a later stage) to answer. 

When you have a fanbase that never questions anything, you get chancers like Wally come on radio and openly bluff and take the rise out off fans. His interview was nothing short of disgusting. A piss take.  

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

I have just listened to the interview and all I can say is Wael is so full of BS that it's hard not to stop laughing. How gasheads cannot see through his waffle and lack of commitment defeats me. The guy is a chancer, he has no plan for a ground, the training ground explanation sounds a farce and the "projects" to improve the match day experience which some are overdue just about sums him up. A match made in heaven him and ragbag Rovers

Will look forward to seeing them train at Eastville park next year. They are heading nowhere fast regards redeveloping the Mem or getting a new ground that is pretty obvious and will be in a relegation scrap this season

Wael is a fraud and we all know that, they are in deep S**t and before long will be in administration once the loan runs out and then Wael will be off 

But it's not even good BS.................he ought to take lessons on public speaking (snowing ) from MA  !

Summed up nicely by a poster on the gas forum that isn't infested with halfwits:

aughan

vaughan Avatar

Aug 12, 2018 8:09:48 GMT via mobile

Post by vaughan on Aug 12, 2018 8:09:48 GMT

If you want to know what type of interview this was, please Google the famous Paxman / Michael Howard interview from years ago.

The irresistible force against the immovable object in the form of all valid options that can not be disclosed.

Wael understands that we need a radical solution ref ground. Thank God for that.

My take on this hasn't changed. Wael is committed to this, but Dwayne Sports are now saying that he is on his own. Hani has bought his son a train-set but will not fund his trains getting onto the rail network. The result is evolution. Some new carriages and the odd shunter for the goods yard.

I hope that all viable options include looking at outside investment to move us forward. Otherwise, our supporters will be like the Railway Children hoping for our new Stadium to appear out of Wael's steam.

Edited by Eddie Hitler

See on twitter that Wael is beginning to feel that people are turning against him and replies to a tweet about the word 'skint' by saying 'Et tu Brutus?!'. Latin scholars will immediately realise it should be 'Brute' but the point is clear he now realises that even friends are 'putting the knife in'. 

( ‘Et tu Brutus’ :laughcont:)

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I hope Darrell and his rabble realise they spoilt this poor Sags evening

Just home in darkest Somerset and in a foul mood. Pretty awful performance against an Accrington side who were well up for it and deserved their win. Cancelled my evening out with the good lady and decided to stay at home. Will spend my evening looking out of the lounge window and shaking my fist and mouthing obscenities at the passers-by. I will feel better by Tuesday.

Fancied a laugh this morning so just had a look at their match thread!?

Here's a few snippets!

4-1 win today. FTG
Kit is horrible , bring back the quaters, actually think this is worse than snackbox!
FFS 1 down
Currently bottom of the L1 table...
Plenty of time to go - we are after all a 2nd half team - we don't wake up till the 46th minute
I'm still waiting for them to wake up after 46 years....
At least the sh** are losing as well (Someone called lympstonegas, what a bellend)
Accrington are miles ahead of us, more fight, skill and better tactics.
Sorry to sound negative but we look very sh**
F*cking sh*t. I thought the days of losing at home to the likes of Accrington Stanley were over.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss 1-1 Payneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Great start from Payne, are the comeback kings back again?
Yes yes yes now for the winner
Prayers duly answered
2-1 down ffs
Oh well, that ray of hope was soon snuffed out
Utter sh**e ! Glad I didn’t go today , we sound truly ******* awful
Just gutted
Hillarious when Accrington liquidate. Pathetic cheating anti-football. Hope they go down.
Your a total bell. Get your head out of your arse, or the clouds and realise DC is the best chance we have got with the shysters we have running the show.
What a depressing afternoon. As soon as the Accrington goal went in the crowd went dead. As I looked around at the miserable red faces.
Christ its not even the middle of bloody august and im already depressed with this season
Allegedly Rollin had a bit of road rage recently, so don't know if they may be an issue for the club
Henbury is at it again.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

See on twitter that Wael is beginning to feel that people are turning against him and replies to a tweet about the word 'skint' by saying 'Et tu Brutus?!'. Latin scholars will immediately realise it should be 'Brute' but the point is clear he now realises that even friends are 'putting the knife in'. 

But surely Wael, like Brutus, is an honourable man?

Though sadly, Shakespeare doesn't tell us whether Brutus had a really nice sundial. ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

When you have a fanbase that never questions anything, you get chancers like Wally come on radio and openly bluff and take the rise out off fans. His interview was nothing short of disgusting. A piss take.  

I thought it was superb, personally.

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Fancied a laugh this morning so just had a look at their match thread!?

Here's a few snippets!

FFS 1 down

Accrington are miles ahead of us, more fight, skill and better tactics.

F*cking sh*t. I thought the days of losing at home to the likes of Accrington Stanley were over.

Utter sh**e ! Glad I didn’t go today , we sound truly ******* awful

Those few show some are still deluded, others aren't that loyal.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve said it before. When they move training  grounds they’ll rent the new UWE pitches . It’s the only place they can go. As for that so called interview ??? they're ****** . 

They currently have more and more presence at the new lockleaze sports centre, probably building up to begging the council to let them have it for free

• Like 1

17 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you actually went to a gas play off final in the gas end. I'm sorry but you are a shambles. If my gas mates had offered me money to drive them there( they wouldn't of mind because they know I hate them) I would of told the ***** to walk . there's friendship then there's being a bitch . You my friend are a gas bitch. Whenever I address you from now on you will be called bitch.

I have a friend who's not in to football but a few years ago wanted to do the Dad thing and take his son to see the sags at Wembley, I told him to get a refund and I'd  take him to a proper football match watching City.

He got a refund and he watched a proper football match.

I took great delight in saving someone from a lifetime of lower league ramshackle misery and false dawns!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Alea iacta est

58 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Infamy,infamy..............they've all got it in for me !

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve still got scars from the kicking I took at Swindon 40 odd years ago, including a stab wound scar in my right leg.....point is if you get involved in football violence there’s a good chance you’ll get hurt. A similar thing happened to me at Oxford but I don’t hate Oxford...

….I reckon you've taken a fair few 'kickings' here on Otib over the years too Robbo!

Not convinced the Fewers have any real comprehension as to what the improvements they have made to the Mem is likely to equate to in terms of playing budget.

Reality is, nothing at all.

The new shop. Pretty sure if someone was going to buy a new shirt, they would buy one. Either from a portacabin or from a proper shop. Can't imagine they will sell any more because the shop has been given a lick of paint.

As for their new bar, they might sell a few more pints on the 22 or so occasions a season they have a home game, but what is the profit on a pint? Couple of quid tops.

They deserve it though. If they had anything about them they would have organised the support and demanded answers from the board, instead they have done their usual of just accepting they are tinpot and lapping it up. Probably doesn't help them that the moment anyone questions anything about the club they get called a Ted and told to go to Trashton.

Idiots.

• Like 5