IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

See on twitter that Wael is beginning to feel that people are turning against him and replies to a tweet about the word 'skint' by saying 'Et tu Brutus?!'. Latin scholars will immediately realise it should be 'Brute' but the point is clear he now realises that even friends are 'putting the knife in'. 

( ‘Et tu Brutus’ :laughcont:)

Is this real bob ? If so he’s not only out but he’s going to stitch them up, that statement is all about betrayal, you wouldnt say it likely 

23 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Wow......the mushrooms have been fed even more bull?.....how more non-committal could Wael be?

clearly hani and the family are not fully committed to his “project”.....to paraphrase “we own 92% of the club and if the 8% aren’t prepared to invest, why should we”

Comical!

Unreal 

I think @Gazred is right, I think they are on the brink, the Harrison money will prob get them through the season and that’s it 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unless I’ve missed it has no one discussed  their new electronic turnstiles ?

Credit where credits due , as at AG they are up with the modern technology

The electronic turnstiles ..... hmmm

Well they’re sort of electronic .... it appears that the Sags scan their tickets /cards and if the light turns green a bloke presses a pedal to allow them entry

FFS can't we get anything right?
The only thing I could do was laugh as the guy watched me beep my card at the machine before pressing a peddle to let me through!

My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through.

Still it sounds a state of the art system allowing swift and safe entry .....

...........ohhhhhhhhh...... hang on .........

I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle).

And if it couldn’t be more funny , the new state of the art system is defended by a few 

It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money.
Jobs a success

t

Ticket Fraud ?   :laughcont:

At the Minimal ? :laughcont:

This plus if people read their ST Card, you are asked to retain it for future seasons if you renew, cutting down on administration and associated costs

Exactly, modernisation as well as it is tied in with away prioritisation and probably marketing and catering in the future

Yes , don’t people realise that the cards used for season cards can be purchased in quantities for about 20p each

I guess saving issuing new cards will help pay for that elusive goal scorer 

Jesus wept , you couldn’t make it up ... the eternal gift that keeps giving

:clapping::laughcont:

Well worth a read

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12691/electronic-turnstiles

TURNSTILE MAN is security counting scanning hand digits,less than 6,he directs them to away end

• Haha 1

I see Wael's avoiding the fans now (from twitter) due to a last minute meeting on a Sunday:

A big apology to everyone expecting to see me at the @martinbelstenm1 game tomorrow! Sadly I am no longer to make it due to a meeting that has come up last minute, I hope everyone has a great day and you raise lots of money for St Peters Hospice!

37 minutes ago, B block said:

Is this real bob ? If so he’s not only out but he’s going to stitch them up, that statement is all about betrayal, you wouldnt say it likely 

So he thinks the fans are betraying him rather than the other way around?

It will all end in tears. Of laughter. ?

Welcome to the modern day tented village ........

Gastwat1 FFS can't we get anything right?
The only thing I could do was laugh as the guy watched me beep my card at the machine before pressing a peddle to let me through!

Gastwat2 Appeared to work perfectly for me and most of the other 8600 in the stadium!

Gastwat1 : My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through. Not sure if this was all around the ground but was certainly on the east side.

Gastwat3 : I thought it was priceless too. There was I expecting something like at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge, even some L1 grounds. Should have remembered it's BRFC.

Gastwat4 : I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle)

Gastwat5 " It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money ,Jobs a success

Billy Smarts Circus for the modern age....:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

See on twitter that Wael is beginning to feel that people are turning against him and replies to a tweet about the word 'skint' by saying 'Et tu Brutus?!'. Latin scholars will immediately realise it should be 'Brute' but the point is clear he now realises that even friends are 'putting the knife in'. 

I think he's right...

Also, in June 45 BC, Brutus divorced his wife and married his first cousin.

sounds like a gAsshole

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Gastwat2 Appeared to work perfectly for me and most of the other 8600 in the stadium!

Gastwat1 : My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through. Not sure if this was all around the ground but was certainly on the east side.

Gastwat3 : I thought it was priceless too. There was I expecting something like at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge, even some L1 grounds. Should have remembered it's BRFC.

Gastwat4 : I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle)

Gastwat5 " It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money ,Jobs a success

So this big investment could have been avoided if they stopped employing criminals who pocket the money they take.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Whereas every other club install electronic turnstyles to bring their club into the modern era and save on staffing costs, the Sags sole purpose for this is to stop people from letting their mates in for free by passing their season tickets through a fence, you couldn’t make it up ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So this big investment could have been avoided if they stopped employing criminals who pocket the money they take.

Tough in old style turnstyles and presumably no CCTV.

Older City fans might remember similar shenanigans at AG, before the Gap became a Chasm and we pulled clear from the Gas's world of shabby mediocrity.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Oh dear god that did make me laugh, especially the bit where he banged his knee.

• Like 1

They might not be in active trouble, but I think it is pretty clear to see, even if you take away the rivalry and try to view it objectively, that they are in no better position to push on than any other bottom half League One team, and they’ll need something extraordinarily on the pitch to progress beyond that.

The two promotions and the takeover seem to have left them with a bit of a warped sense of what they are in a position to achieve, and that’s what is making this so hilarious.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

Hillarious when Accrington liquidate. Pathetic cheating anti-football. Hope they go down.

Anti football and cheating? Twentyman and even some sane people rang up and said they were thoroughly outplayed by a decent footballing side! Unlike any of them to blame everyone else for their failings. 

Kind of feel sorry for Wael. By all rights he should be watching games in a nice shiny new stadium. Him and his family entertaining friends, family and business contacts is corporate hospitality at the ground. Nice offices and a foot hold in the UK for whatever they wish to do, all with a nice football club to invest in a little (of course then a nice wad of cash from pocketing some of the mem money). Instead he was sold a dud, and I imagine his family are none to happy about it either, as selling / staying is going to tarnish their business credentials one way or the other, I expect they have no idea what to do with the club at the moment, so just treading water hoping something comes up.

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

They might not be in active trouble, but I think it is pretty clear to see, even if you take away the rivalry and try to view it objectively, that they are in no better position to push on than any other bottom half League One team, and they’ll need something extraordinarily on the pitch to progress beyond that.

The two promotions and the takeover seem to have left them with a bit of a warped sense of what they are in a position to achieve, and that’s what is making this so hilarious.

If Wael leaves now he will sell the Mem to get money back to pay off the debts. They will not be out of pocket but the sags wont have a ground and be penniless. They are actively in trouble now if they do not find a buyer as they have owners who will not put money in and have spiralling debts - from what I gather anyway.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

THAT is so 1970s … I know 'these things take time' but how long will he keep 'splashing it all over' before he realises that BRUT (even when worn with black and white checked shirts and braces) doesn't really make you irresistible to anyone... ? 

That's Lynx!

• Haha 1

From listening to Wael yesterday (and I don't make a habit of it) the family are withdrawing support, they have no plans to work on their taining ground (and will move to another temporary playing field), they will not be developing the Memorial Ground and they have no new stadium options but to keep people guessing he said they had to keep them secret.

Basically he's stitching the fans up with vague promises that will ultimately deliver nothing. Exactly the same as the Nick Higgs stitch-up when he promised the Al-Qadi family that the new stadium was a done deal.