IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I see the fewers are boasting on Twitter that they took more to Bolton than we did, well Saggies for 1 it’s a regular fixture for us not a cup final like it is for yourselves and 2 where the **** are you when it really matters ie your HOME games where the money goes to your own club?

Tossers.

• Like 5

No plans

No money

No redevelopment plans for Men

No news of any alternative sites

No training ground progress

No commitment from Al Quadi family

No hope

The training ground will be ditched with the excuse that there's planning & technical issues - blaming the council - and that if they can't build a "world class" training facility they'll keep looking...Gasheads deserve nothing less. Remember they blamed UWE but the reason was they wanted ownership of the ground so they could -as owners -borrow against it as they have with the Men. As I understand they've put no money in , only what they've borrowed against the Men.

The talk of alternative sites for a stadium is Bullshit , there is no site in Bristol and if there was the council won't allow it. How many times have they tried? Stoke Gifford. Avonmouth. Severside. UWE. Redeveloped Mem. Not actually having any money to pay for a ground doesn't help mind!

Likely scenario. They rent pitches at UWE for training., Wael announces plans for new stadium in 2021 ( no location or details due to legal constraints) they " temporarily" move to the new FGR stadium At junction 13 M5 Stroud.....as tenants.Wael sells mem for housing promising "every penny" will go to "new stadium" ......Wael and family trouser the cash and buggerr off back to Jordan. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I see the fewers are boasting on Twitter that they took more to Bolton than we did, well Saggies for 1 it’s a regular fixture for us not a cup final like it is for yourselves and 2 where the **** are you when it really matters ie your HOME games where the money goes to your own club?

Tossers.

1st home game of the season 20000

1st Home game of the season 8400

hmmmm

just remind them that they haven’t finished about us for 18 years, they haven’t had a higher home or away average attendance for over 30 years

it soon shuts them up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

1st home game of the season 20000

1st Home game of the season 8400

hmmmm

just remind them that they haven’t finished about us for 18 years, they haven’t had a higher home or away average attendance for over 30 years

it soon shuts them up

Their crowd yesterday was 37% of our crowd the week before. 

Blue half of Bristol my arse....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No plans

No money

No redevelopment plans for Men

No news of any alternative sites

No training ground progress

No commitment from Al Quadi family

No hope

The training ground will be ditched with the excuse that there's planning & technical issues - blaming the council - and that if they can't build a "world class" training facility they'll keep looking...Gasheads deserve nothing less. Remember they blamed UWE but the reason was they wanted ownership of the ground so they could -as owners -borrow against it as they have with the Men. As I understand they've put no money in , only what they've borrowed against the Men.

The talk of alternative sites for a stadium is Bullshit , there is no site in Bristol and if there was the council won't allow it. How many times have they tried? Stoke Gifford. Avonmouth. Severside. UWE. Redeveloped Mem. Not actually having any money to pay for a ground doesn't help mind!

Likely scenario. They rent pitches at UWE for training., Wael announces plans for new stadium in 2021 ( no location or details due to legal constraints) they " temporarily" move to the new FGR stadium At junction 13 M5 Stroud.....as tenants.Wael sells mem for housing promising "every penny" will go to "new stadium" ......Wael and family trouser the cash and buggerr off back to Jordan. 

If I were UWE I’d tell them to piss right off if they come begging to use their facilities especially after publically blaming them for the stadium collapse.

I've just read the transcript of Wally's interview with GT.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Leaving aside the bovine excrement about legal issues preventing any discussion about options for a new ground or rebuild of the mem, the stuff about legal issues preventing discussion of the training ground is bizarre.

What could possibly be preventing any discussion about the colony?

Dwayne Sports own the land so no issue there. They have already held a consultation with relevant stakeholders and from what I've read the outcome was generally favourable, so no issue there. Any planning application goes immediately into the public domain. They have appointed another company to ensure all the paperwork gets done, nothing top secret there. Finally, everyone knows what makes up your average training ground. A few pitches, all weather and grass, somewhere to get changed, somewhere to park, somewhere for the physio to work and somewhere for the groundsman to keep his tools. There is absolutely nothing that I can see that is top secret about any of that.

The only thing needed to get it all done is a bit of cash. Aaaahhh could that be the problem? 

How the sags can suck up the shite they were fed in that interview and see anything positive in it is beyond me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Welcome to the modern day tented village ........

Gastwat1 FFS can't we get anything right?
The only thing I could do was laugh as the guy watched me beep my card at the machine before pressing a peddle to let me through!

Gastwat2 Appeared to work perfectly for me and most of the other 8600 in the stadium!

Gastwat1 : My point is they were not electronic. A guy watched the light come on and then pushed a peddle to let me through. Not sure if this was all around the ground but was certainly on the east side.

Gastwat3 : I thought it was priceless too. There was I expecting something like at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge, even some L1 grounds. Should have remembered it's BRFC.

Gastwat4 : I banged my knee cause of a malfunction (the bloke forgot to press the peddle)

Gastwat5 " It’s not there to save staffing revenue it’s there to stop ticket fraud and turnstile operators pocketing some of the gate money ,Jobs a success

Billy Smarts Circus for the modern age....:facepalm:

Gastwat 6: It's pedal not peddle

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How long do we think he can continue to "stand on the terraces" or "mix with the fans" before they turn nasty and he needs a security detail?

Well, judging by the fact that an `urgent meeting` has stopped him attending a charity event today where many of the six fingered ones would have been able to speak to him, my guess would be it has passed that point.

Honestly, would fans of any other club take all this shit without any form of organised protest? Blackpool? Blackburn? Leyton Orient? Millwall? Hull?

Still, as long as we didn`t win all`s well in g*sland.

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

I've just read the transcript of Wally's interview with GT.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Leaving aside the bovine excrement about legal issues preventing any discussion about options for a new ground or rebuild of the mem, the stuff about legal issues preventing discussion of the training ground is bizarre.

What could possibly be preventing any discussion about the colony?

Dwayne Sports own the land so no issue there. They have already held a consultation with relevant stakeholders and from what I've read the outcome was generally favourable, so no issue there. Any planning application goes immediately into the public domain. They have appointed another company to ensure all the paperwork gets done, nothing top secret there. Finally, everyone knows what makes up your average training ground. A few pitches, all weather and grass, somewhere to get changed, somewhere to park, somewhere for the physio to work and somewhere for the groundsman to keep his tools. There is absolutely nothing that I can see that is top secret about any of that.

The only thing needed to get it all done is a bit of cash. Aaaahhh could that be the problem? 

How the sags can suck up the shite they were fed in that interview and see anything positive in it is beyond me.

My favourite bit was where Wally insisted that "Daryll has a competitive budget" and then 30 seconds later admitted he didn't know what the budgets were for any other  L1 clubs!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

All the league 1 teams have played at home now and Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bradford, Coventry, Barnsley, Luton, Plymouth and Charlton had bigger crowds than the "bestest fans in the world" could muster up, as they say they have "outgrown the mem" ????

Of course they have, if I’m not mistaken they have only ever had about 4 or 5 complete sell outs? Most of those were verses ourselves.

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

My favourite bit was where Wally insisted that "Daryll has a competitive budget" and then 30 seconds later admitted he didn't know what the budgets were for any other  L1 clubs!!

Yes, great comedy value. I paraphrase but basically he said "we give DC a competitive budget but to finish in the top six he has to over achieve."

That's not a competitive budget then is it Wally?

Edited by Midlands Robin

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair, they took more fans to their first away game this season (Posh) than we did...and the two trips were pretty much the same distance - 172 miles vs 178 miles each way....

to be fair....
we also have Qpr & Swansea on top of Bolton away,....All of which are £30 a time

Took my 8 year old son for the first time today to watch the Glos T20 blast game against Surrey this afternoon, great win and a nice afternoon out. Went for a quiet pint after the game in an unnamed boozer on Gloucester road (lad wearing city shirt) and without going into detail was told by a group of Gasheads to cover the lad up or get a hiding!!  Who the **** acts like that? Not tarring them all with the same brush but FFS!! Ruined a great day out..

Edited by Redstoke
  • Sad 5

9 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Took my 8 year old son for the first time today to watch the Glos T20 blast game against Surrey this afternoon, great win and a nice afternoon out. Went for a quiet pint after the game in an unnamed boozer on Gloucester road,(lad wearing city shirt) and without going into detail was told to cover the lad up or get a hiding!!  Who the **** acts like that? Not tarring them all with the same brush but FFS!! Ruined a great day out..

I was in the Essex Arms in Kingswood many moons ago with a mate (a Pompey fan) and his girlfriend, now wife - she was punched for being a City fan when some male neanderthal overheard our conversation on football....like you said, would never tar them all with the same brush but that was a dreadful evening...to punch a girl instead of two blokes was pathetic and distressing...and it wouldn’t have been right to punch a bloke...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was in the Essex Arms in Kingswood many moons ago with a mate (a Pompey fan) and his girlfriend, now wife - she was punched for being a City fan when some male neanderthal overheard our conversation on football....like you said, would never tar them all with the same brush but that was a dreadful evening...to punch a girl instead of two blokes was pathetic and distressing...and it wouldn’t have been right to punch a bloke...

Mate i dont want to go into details and this isnt personal against the Gas but these cretins today took it to a new level. How can you react to an 8 year old kid wearing a shirt Ffs??

1 minute ago, Redstoke said:

Mate i dont want to go into details and this isnt personal against the Gas but these cretins today took it to a new level. How can you react to an 8 year old kid wearing a shirt Ffs??

They can have no excuse whatsoever mate - it’s pathetic - an 8 year old?! What the **** are they trying to prove?! I’m so sorry you had to go through this crap experience....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

The irony is, I would far rather see someone in Bristol wearing a Rovers shirt than a Man U/Chelski etc etc one. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

If Wael leaves now he will sell the Mem to get money back to pay off the debts. They will not be out of pocket but the sags wont have a ground and be penniless. They are actively in trouble now if they do not find a buyer as they have owners who will not put money in and have spiralling debts - from what I gather anyway.

Hadn’t realised the details; that is bleak.

It will be very interesting if they struggle this year; can’t imagine they have much in the way of back-up resources were they in desperate need of reinforcements, and some of the natives seem restless already.

21 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

to be fair....
we also have Qpr & Swansea on top of Bolton away,....All of which are £30 a time

Yep I know, and obviously I would never big up that mob - but those two away games combined are 193 miles whereas ‘their’ next two away games combined are 232 miles.....so not sure what your point is....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They can have no excuse whatsoever mate - it’s pathetic - an 8 year old?! What the **** are they trying to prove?! I’m so sorry you had to go through this crap experience....

Hands on heart would any city fan be offended by a kid in a rovers shirt? Regardless of where you saw them, city heartlands bedminster,knowle Hartcliffe etc!! Ok take the mickey, but threaten violence??

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep I know, and obviously I would never big up that mob - but those two away games combined are 193 miles whereas ‘their’ next two away games combined are 232 miles.....so not sure what your point is....

point is we pay more for our tickets and three away games in a month is a financial burden for most
lets see how many they take before we "Start bigging them up"

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

His point is Swansea and QPR are more desirable away games to go to. We've already sold all 2k tickets for Swans, haven't we?

• Like 1