IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think that was his point at all....he was bemoaning the ticket costs....

But also that because of that people pick and choose their games. We'll take the best part of 4k to QPR and Swans. Will probably be October before the sags have taken that many away from home.

**** 'EM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Took my 8 year old son for the first time today to watch the Glos T20 blast game against Surrey this afternoon, great win and a nice afternoon out. Went for a quiet pint after the game in an unnamed boozer on Gloucester road (lad wearing city shirt) and without going into detail was told by a group of Gasheads to cover the lad up or get a hiding!!  Who the **** acts like that? Not tarring them all with the same brush but FFS!! Ruined a great day out..

I got strangled by one as an 8 year old, he was in his twenties, I only walked past his house with my dog and let it poo, I’m now in my 30s and never see the man around

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Redstoke said:

Took my 8 year old son for the first time today to watch the Glos T20 blast game against Surrey this afternoon, great win and a nice afternoon out. Went for a quiet pint after the game in an unnamed boozer on Gloucester road (lad wearing city shirt) and without going into detail was told by a group of Gasheads to cover the lad up or get a hiding!!  Who the **** acts like that? Not tarring them all with the same brush but FFS!! Ruined a great day out..

Which pub were you in mate? Tbf I've been taking my kids in pubs on the Gloucester Road in their City kits for years and never had a whiff of confrontation from any gas, just some good natured piss taking.

Disgusting way to treat you and your kid though, I hope he's not too shaken up.

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Which pub were you in mate? Tbf I've been taking my kids in pubs on the Gloucester Road in their City kits for years and never had a whiff of confrontation from any gas, just some good natured piss taking.

Disgusting way to treat you and your kid though, I hope he's not too shaken up.

Golden lion mate it wasnt a pleasent experience, the guys were clearly pissed up but no excuse, my lad was upset.

58 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Hands on heart would any city fan be offended by a kid in a rovers shirt? Regardless of where you saw them, city heartlands bedminster,knowle Hartcliffe etc!! Ok take the mickey, but threaten violence??

No not in the slightest.

Would probably try and have some very soft light hearted banter with them.

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Hillarious when Accrington liquidate. Pathetic cheating anti-football. Hope they go down.

They come out with this sort of shit so often. 

No doubt views like these are one of the reasons they think they’re loved the World over.

Arrogant, bitter idiots.

1 hour ago, Redstoke said:

Mate i dont want to go into details and this isnt personal against the Gas but these cretins today took it to a new level. How can you react to an 8 year old kid wearing a shirt Ffs??

18 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Golden lion mate it wasnt a pleasent experience, the guys were clearly pissed up but no excuse, my lad was upset.

All the pubs have cameras I’ll tell the law, threatening a minor 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair, they took more fans to their first away game this season (Posh) than we did...and the two trips were pretty much the same distance - 172 miles vs 178 miles each way....

Once in a while that sort of statistic is going to happen and there’s a variety of reasons for it. It would be equally ridiculous to compare our attendance when we play against Swansea with their attendance against whoever they’re playing away next.

The facts are, despite them claiming to have superior away support, we have higher average away attendances than them every single season. From what I’ve seen they rarely sell out their allocations so they can’t even blame smaller grounds.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Loyal and true....

Considering it being holiday season, balloon fiesta,virtually no away fans & the uncertainty of the new turnstile system I thought the attendance was decent.

“the uncertainty of the new turnstile system”

**** me they don’t take much persuading to stay in the pub do they?

No wonder the sensible members of the Al Qadi family realise they don’t need a new ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Absolute bastards.

I would say hopefully karma catches up with them, but it evidently has already given they support that shower of shite.

2 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Bunch of lowlife Gastard cowards mate. And the Rovers fans who come on here wonder why we refer to them as Scum.

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

But also that because of that people pick and choose their games. We'll take the best part of 4k to QPR and Swans. Will probably be October before the sags have taken that many away from home.

**** 'EM

I don’t think we’ll be taking many to QPR. Especially with midweek championship games available to watch on Sky or bctv. I’d be surprised if more that 800 went to QPR in midweek this season. 

Hope im wrong. 

11 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Sounds like a common thing with gasheads ,I have already posted on OTIB about the 4 drunk idiots in the bus station after an England game recently . Shouting abuse at families going home after a day shopping then picking on a solitary City fan they singled out .Gave him nasty abuse in front of his wife .

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t think we’ll be taking many to QPR. Especially with midweek championship games available to watch on Sky or bctv. I’d be surprised if more that 800 went to QPR in midweek this season. 

Hope im wrong. 

You will be. A 1000+ following can always be relied on for London matches.

13 hours ago, Redstoke said:

They must have felt intimidated.

:yes:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

What no tour de Bristol 

The excuses they come out with are unreal at times. I can't imagine too many being put off going down Ashton Gate because of a new turnstile system!!

Still, at least their away followings are massive....

12 hours ago, glynriley said:

Loyal and true....

Considering it being holiday season, balloon fiesta,virtually no away fans & the uncertainty of the new turnstile system I thought the attendance was decent.

Conversation in a gas house sat morning wife "what time you going to the mem love ?" husband "not sure if I'm going, I'm a bit uncertain about the new turnstile system, shall we go to the balloon fiesta instead "

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, glynriley said:

Loyal and true....

as if they're using 'uncertainty of the new turnstile system' as an excuse. God they really do have a hankering to be locked outside don't they

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, devoncider said:

as if they're using 'uncertainty of the new turnstile system' as an excuse. God they really do have a hankering to be locked outside don't they

Poor timid Sagheads. No wonder they’re happy with a few tents for ground improvements. God knows how they’d cope with an entire new stadium?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, glynriley said:

Loyal and true....

Their propaganda machine would put North Korea to shame. Sixth richest club in England, best Manager in the country, tent improvements everywhere you look at the Mem, World Boob Cricket Champions, Avon and Somerset Police bringing in stable loads of extra horses for them to punch and they still couldn’t get 9k on Saturday.....

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

You will be. A 1000+ following can always be relied on for London matches.

Usually, yes. But games haven’t been available on the Sky red button for free, or via bctv for a tenner before. I think that’s going to have quite a big effect on numbers that might otherwise have travelled. 

Again, I hope that I’m wrong.