IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Harry Dolman invented the automatic turnstile in the 1930's (coin operated initially), so they haven't even caught up with that yet!

But that's hard to fiddle and rob the club of your entry fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The mighty gas scrape 1000 for the game at Wycombe today. 

We've already sold more for our trip to qpr which is further away, on a Tuesday night an televised... 

But they obviously have much better support than us

Tbf that’s not bad for the fewers, however they let themselves down how they crow about what a ‘legendary’ following they have when infact its shite and it’s only themselves who think they have this great away following, just look at how piss poor their home attendances are.

Loyal and true??? ??

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Despite all the doom and gloom on here at present, you can always rely on these W⚓️‘s to cheer you up.

Here it is, in all its glory.........

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12754/south-west-stand

"Feeling the blues" has hit the nail on the head (or should that be horse on the nose?); 

"Thanks for the photo but 4 pillars in less than 18 yards is diabolical. Are we the only professional club in England with a worse stadium than we had 60 years ago"?

• Haha 4

Just been up the Mem. They’ve only gone and put the stand up back to front! Decent view of Mrs Jones’ back garden though.”

“I probably need to learn to lower my expectations but I was expecting a cantilever roof like all new stands at virtually 
every other football club in the country.”

Edited by Unan

On 19/08/2018 at 09:52, 22A said:

"Feeling the blues" has hit the nail on the head (or should that be horse on the nose?); 

"Thanks for the photo but 4 pillars in less than 18 yards is diabolical. Are we the only professional club in England with a worse stadium than we had 60 years ago"?

That quote is brilliant. Can feel their pain ?

They seem to have replaced the ‘stand’ that they took down with one almost identical from what I understand. If they are baffled we don’t have a hope of understanding!

On 17/08/2018 at 20:49, phantom said:

Screenshot_20180817-204805_Samsung Internet.jpg

I worry about the use of the plural 'fans'....surely they could've just written....'Mum'? Providing of course that they know who or what she is. Presumably there is a greater need to drive these sags from Portishead rather than simply boarding a coach and driving it into the sea.....

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

I worry about the use of the plural 'fans'....surely they could've just written....'Mum'? Providing of course that they know who or what she is. Presumably there is a greater need to drive these sags from Portishead rather than simply boarding a coach and driving it into the sea.....

Whereas I read "33 seater" and thought he was hiring a new stand for the club!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, chinapig said:

If only to bump this thread see today's David Squires cartoon (always recommended anyway) third panel. ?

Link would have helped..:facepalm:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/aug/21/david-squires-on-familiar-patterns-emerging-in-the-premier-league

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This whole thread sums it all up.

Compare where we thought we might be when the owners took over, and look at where we are now.

Debating metal vs canvas roofs, some being happy with a bit of painted plywood, losing all our best players and signing cast-offs and risks, treading water at best in L1 with no real prospect of promotion, no news from the owners, no new stadium, no training ground, no plans for the future, a real risk of losing DC, season ticket sales down, prices up, attendances down, 

Not quite what some of us had hoped for in those early days.

If the rest of you are happy with where we are now, then you must be easily pleased.

My opinion, or whine, is that you are deluding yourselves.

• Like 2

They were asking “Whur r all you gurt Ted’s then?” on Saturday and they were all singing the blues, but as always, the gift immediately gives back. The ‘******* snake’ who we are supposed to be ‘spitting all over with hatred’ notches, we win 3-0, they lose and their tent is round the wrong way.

Yes we are still here Sags, you lost and you have got to swallow that bitter bitter snake pill again!!!! Fantastic!

You lot always shoot your bolt far too early. When will you ever learn? Tinpot. Mind the Gap!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2