IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As I said above Hollowhead the player left Rovers for Wimbledon, then QPR without a 2nd thought. Couldn't wait to get away.

He's like numerous Bristolians I've met over the years, professes to be a 'lifelong gashead'  when it suits him but actually lost active interest in them long ago.

These Rovers 'fans' haven't attended a game in years but remain fiercely anti City and that is their only real interest in local football - a strong and abiding hatred of Bristol City FC., and a yearning to see us fail.

These bitter old (ex.) sags wish us ill far more than they wish Rovers well.

Exactly this! 

I’ve met many Rovers down the years, most of whom display a vicious hatred of us. So much so that you naturally assume they are die hard gasheads who go week in, week out - before it transpires that they hardly ever actually bother to watch their own matches. 

Bitter, twisted, angry, horrible breed of people with no sense of reason or reality. 

The sooner they go bust the better and I for one will celebrate, long & loud!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly this! 

I’ve met many Rovers down the years, most of whom display a vicious hatred of us. So much so that you naturally assume they are die hard gasheads who go week in, week out - before it transpires that they hardly ever actually bother to watch their own matches. 

Bitter, twisted, angry, horrible breed of people with no sense of reason or reality. 

I hated Thatcher and I hate Rovers.

It feels like half time

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly this! 

I only know 1 sag (never been to a game,any game in 40 odd years but hates city with a passion,work that out) and that is him to a t , sad bastard.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, cheese said:

Although I do miss the derby's against them.  There's no atmosphere quite like it.

80s and 90s . Agree . Nerve wracking fantastic atmospheres . Hostility. Loved it . And they were relevant. Now there’s nothing . Just piss taking. And the most irrelevant club in England. 

Hope they go bust . And take the likes of henbury ass with them . FTG . OTIB

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As I said above Hollowhead the player left Rovers for Wimbledon, then QPR without a 2nd thought. Couldn't wait to get away.

He's like numerous Bristolians I've met over the years, professes to be a 'lifelong gashead'  when it suits him but actually lost active interest in them long ago.

These Rovers 'fans' haven't attended a game in years but remain fiercely anti City and that is their only real interest in local football - a strong and abiding hatred of Bristol City FC., and a yearning to see us fail.

These bitter old (ex.) sags wish us ill far more than they wish Rovers well.

You should've heard Holloway on TalkSport on the opening day v Forest as he was at AG doing co-commentary. He was absolutely raving about the facilities and atmosphere at AG. Said he was desperate for City to make the Premier League (he's presumably given up all hope of the other lot doing it). It's the first time I've heard him speak and felt he genuinely sounded like he wished us well. Can't really blame him for not wanting to be associated with the other lot anymore, just a complete embarrassment to him I'd imagine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You should've heard Holloway on TalkSport on the opening day v Forest as he was at AG doing co-commentary. He was absolutely raving about the facilities and atmosphere at AG. Said he was desperate for City to make the Premier League (he's presumably given up all hope of the other lot doing it). It's the first time I've heard him speak and felt he genuinely sounded like he wished us well. Can't really blame him for not wanting to be associated with the other lot anymore, just a complete embarrassment to him I'd imagine.

Have to say he has often used the line that he is a gashead first and a Bristolian second, maybe time away from here has switched that around?

4 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

Don't forget the banner over the M32 when City played Hull in the play off final, Don't forget when Ashton Vale was put forward as a host for World cup matches every club in the Southwest supported City's bid except one. I for one want them to go out of business. 

Our fans have also draped lots of banners over M4 bridges when the gas have lost at Wembley over the years...

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Imagine how bad things are, to be an embarrassment to Ian Holloway..!! ??

• Like 5

On 29/08/2018 at 17:53, steviestevieneville said:

So they’ve signed a LB from basement league Stevenage who can’t get in the team to be their first choice left back ? ???????????????

And now today, Stevenage have brought in a defender on loan from Championship Birmingham.

Something the gas can only dream of, or did they simply not have the gumption to ask for?

• Like 2