IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, B block said:

Great point today for the gas, I mean they’ve only been a league club for3 years and they are now taking points off established league clubs like Plymouth, also in those 3 magnificent years they have a new bar, a set of sprinklers which granted have a mind of their own, oh and a potential new tent, things are certainly looking up

The view of the inside of the away tent on Zak`s tweet shows it is truly a thing of beauty. We can only dream of facilities of that standard.

• Haha 1

Another beauty from the sags ?

I watched on Ifollow and it looked nearer 9,500/10,000 to me at the start.

Our Crowds are gunna dip given our crap stadium and the cost of going when we are playing poor, like we are now.

I went to the first home game of the season and went for a piss in the toilets in the main toilets behind the Thatchers and stood in a puddle of urine that was 2/3 inches deep that soaked my right trainer through.I had to go to the sportsman for a beer in order to recover from the experience, but luckly there bogs are awlful as well so my left trainer got evened out.I felt special on the bus home..! :laugh: ??

Our crowds will stay between 7,500/ 9,000 mark even if we are going to struggle this season which is still strong given how awlful the mem is.

How many would the city being getting if they were in league one again and were playing at the mem?

It was only a few years ago that they were getting anything between 8k and 12k at home at the old ashton gate....( which btw was a million times better than the mem of today!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

How many would the city being getting if they were in league one again and were playing at the mem?

It was only a few years ago that they were getting anything between 8k and 12k at home at the old ashton gate....( which btw was a million times better than the mem of today!!!!

How many would City get if they were crap, playing in Blue and white quarters in a toilet where there is no chance of ever finding any happiness? ???

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Our Crowds are gunna dip given our crap stadium and the cost of going when we are playing poor, like we are now.

I went to the first home game of the season and went for a piss in the toilets in the main toilets behind the Thatchers and stood in a puddle of urine that was 2/3 inches deep that soaked my right trainer through.I had to go to the sportsman for a beer in order to recover from the experience, but luckly there bogs are awlful as well so my left trainer got evened out.I felt special on the bus home..! :laugh: ??

Our crowds will stay between 7,500/ 9,000 mark even if we are going to struggle this season which is still strong given how awlful the mem is.

What a ******** . True delusion 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I have experienced something like this at AG more than once TBF - in the EE in the 1970s!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Excuses excuses as per normal.

What the slag obviously doesn’t realise is that after one of the worst seasons in my 30 years of watching City and the pathetic way we were relegated back to L1 under O Driscoll, we sold 8k STs...that’s after relegation.

They got promoted to L1 on the back of 2 successful seasons and they only sold 5k STs.

Our crowds fell to about 10k against the likes of Colchester and Shrewsbury when we were bottom of L1 without a League win in about 6 months but then you wouldn’t expect a Gashead to get his figures right.

All the facts point to us being far more loyal than they are, despite the bullshit they spout. Using their ground as an excuse doesn’t wash I’m afraid especially when they claim that they’re the Leagues superfans who’d ‘watch from the pavement if Rovers were playing on the road’.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What the slag obviously doesn’t realise is that after one of the worst seasons in my 30 years of watching City and the pathetic way we were relegated back to L1 under O Driscoll, we sold 8k STs...that’s after relegation.

They got promoted to L1 on the back of 2 successful seasons and they only sold 5k STs.

Our crowds fell to about 10k against the likes of Colchester and Shrewsbury when we were bottom of L1 without a League win in about 6 months but then you wouldn’t expect a Gashead to get his figures right.

All the facts point to us being far more loyal than they are, despite the bullshit they spout. Using their ground as an excuse doesn’t wash I’m afraid especially when they claim that they’re the Leagues superfans who’d ‘watch from the pavement if Rovers were playing on the road’.

Looking back I think our last league game with < 10K was in 2005?

28 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Be careful what you wish for.

They could be watching from Fishponds Road soon when the turnip patch is no longer a viable commodity ???

38 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yeah, the Mem really isn't up to league football standard.  TBH, there are loads of non league grounds that are much better.

It will improve immensively though once a housing estate has been built on it.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the good people and local businesses of Gloucester Road registered it as a Village Green.

A permanent memorial to the people of Bristol who gave their lives in the Great War.

23 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

They really are thick as shit. When was the last time we had under 10k at a home game? Probably not this century and certainly not in the last 15 years even being bottom of the third playing Shrewsbury and Crawley on a Tuesday night as POHh says above.

During the 2013/14 season when we spent Sept-March in the bottom 4 of L1 we didn’t have a single home attendance under 10,000 for a League match. That includes the particulary depressing period before Christmas under SOD when we managed a grand total of 2 wins in the first 5 months (home and away).

The following season our capacity was restricted by the redevelopment of AG, however we were still selling the vast majority of available home tickets for most games, including many sell outs.

2015/16 season we again spent most of the season around the bottom 3 (as we did in 13/14). The capacity of AG was still restricted by the ongoing redevelopment. Despite playing in a building site and getting beaten most weeks we had the most ‘full’ ground in terms of % of tickets sold to stadium capacity in the Football League (not inc Prem).

Since then we’ve averaged 19/20k in the new AG so I don’t know which season the Saghead is referring to.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yeah, the Mem really isn't up to league football standard.  TBH, there are loads of non league grounds that are much better.

It will improve immensively though once a housing estate has been built on it.

Who would want to live in a house on top of a bog like cess pit?