IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

The logic is. That it gives people who wants to flick the Vs at each other the inability to do so, not many people are going to start abusing a dad with his kids. If anything it stops “trouble”

We did it in the atyeo when the ground was being rebuilt, I’m sure Watford do, Cardiff did I’m not sure if they still do. 

Any sag that travels away would have no way of knowing this.

32 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

The logic is. That it gives people who wants to flick the Vs at each other the inability to do so, not many people are going to start abusing a dad with his kids. If anything it stops “trouble”

We did it in the atyeo when the ground was being rebuilt, I’m sure Watford do, Cardiff did I’m not sure if they still do. 

Yes I suppose that sort of makes sense. Personally I would like to see an end to segregation, I am convinced that the vast majority of people who do spend entire games hurling abuse 'across the barricades', wouldn't say boo to a goose if the target of their derision was sat next to them!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

I have Huntingtons now but before I used to be a floor layer. We used to take tiles up that had it in them. I was working with asbestos as recently as 2012. People I’ve worked with has died because of the cancer. What I’m getting at is someone’s so ******* stupid to declare it safe in 2018 is deplorable. 

I agree with you 100% it is deplorable, but not to wish death on someone because of their inablity to see the facts before making a statement on the propertie and effects of a substance that they clearly dont understand.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Covenants are all well and good until people start to smell money, then loopholes are mysteriously found.

It's perfectly reasonable for covenants to be removed where they relate to restrictions that are today illegal or where their purpose may no longer be easily discharged. In which case if the land on which The Memorial sits is preserved for 'Sport & Recreation' Wael & Co would have an impossible task in demonstrating that the covenant has been maintained since Bristol Rugby upped sticks and left. Methinks that's been his intention all along.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

It's perfectly reasonable for covenants to be removed where they relate to restrictions that are today illegal or where their purpose may no longer be easily discharged. In which case if the land on which The Memorial sits is preserved for 'Sport & Recreation' Wael & Co would have an impossible task in demonstrating that the covenant has been maintained since Bristol Rugby upped sticks and left. Methinks that's been his intention all along.......

It isn't really my area of expertise, I'm just a cynic who thinks money talks. I actually live around the corner from a site that had a covenant preventing house building on it, and guess what, they are building houses on it as we speak.

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It isn't really my area of expertise, I'm just a cynic who thinks money talks. I actually live around the corner from a site that had a covenant preventing house building on it, and guess what, they are building houses on it as we speak.

You can apply to the court to try and get a covenant removed.

I thought that with the Mem, evidence that there was  a covenant had mysteriously disappeared and it was claimed by BRFC that the memorial was just the gates.

20 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

You can apply to the court to try and get a covenant removed.

I thought that with the Mem, evidence that there was  a covenant had mysteriously disappeared and it was claimed by BRFC that the memorial was just the gates. 

They lied

The Memorial Ground has been a vital part of the local and national sport scene for nearly a hundred years. The whole site is a war memorial and its entrance gates are listed by Historic England. The Mem is also on the Local List and is an Asset of Community Value. Whoever “owns” the Memorial Ground is the custodian of Bristol’s largest war memorial, a heritage asset and a famous sport venue. In the future, the war memorial sports ground must continue to actively respect and honour the war dead – and continue to be a space where sport and recreation are enjoyed by the living.

Edited by The Joker

22 minutes ago, chowie said:

Dwayne Developments has put in an application for 3 residential Barns at the Colony Farm / Training ground

They seem to think it could be accommodation for players ?

https://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/files/CE9C70E814C4C453008CB7D2F99A73DB/pdf/PT18_3675_PNGR--5857135.pdf

For anyone who has issues with the link above having expired...

https://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=PDE6U0OK0F100&activeTab=summary

Bit of a confusing one...the drawings seem to show barns having a couple of bedrooms. Are the academy players going to be living on site?!?

On 29/05/2018 at 14:51, Eddie Hitler said:

Has "Dwane Developments UK Limited" of  5 New Street Square, London, United Kingdom, EC4A 3TW (just the legal office) been mentioned yet?

This was founded in March this year with Hani Al Qadi the only current director; and owned 100% by Dwane Sports (yes, that one) in Jersey.

No accounts as yet but the title suggests that the intention is rather more than merely putting some portakabins at the Colony training ground which is owned by Dwane Sports rather than Rovers.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11253528

On 29/05/2018 at 16:57, Bristol Rob said:

Or it may be a scheme to develop the land earmarked for the training ground as housing and for the money to filter back to Dwane without the football club seeing a penny of it.

As above

Edited by chowie
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, chowie said:

Dwayne Developments has put in an application for 3 residential Barns at the Colony Farm / Training ground

They seem to think it could be accommodation for players ?

https://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/files/CE9C70E814C4C453008CB7D2F99A73DB/pdf/PT18_3675_PNGR--5857135.pdf

So the tramp will finally have somewhere to live ?

33 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

For anyone who has issues with the link above having expired...

https://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=PDE6U0OK0F100&activeTab=summary

Bit of a confusing one...the drawings seem to show barns having a couple of bedrooms. Are the academy players going to be living on site?!?

So they've put planning in for residential dwellings but no actual plan for training facilities. I think this shows their intentions. 

Also the plans show these barns take up 40% of the land. I can't see enough land being left for anything more than a single pitch and changing rooms to be honest.

Edited by pride of the west

"it isn’t banter it’s genuine hate in many cases - apparently they can never forgive us from trying to steal their ground when they were in danger of folding. Constant references to a few of our fans indiscretions as gifts that keep giving big no acceptance or acknowledgment of their own fans constant misbehaviours. Also constant piss taking about gas fans running away from theirs i.e. the infamous Park street fracas which in my book condones violence. No references to their fans on the pitch before the end of the JPT games goading and spitting at players an interfering with play or the 2 derby games where they attacked and chased our players of their pitch. Their match against Newcastle last season and many incidences in their ground with away fans including fighting with their own v Man City. The smashing up of a family birthday party In Nottingham springs to mind - and now their fans trying to take the West Midlands police to court because they are angels and their human rights are breached. How laughable and smug they are in the comments that henbury Gas has brought their club into disrepute when it was suggested by PC Julie they have acknowledged 2 reports of an incident where a fan was attacked but not been able to talk to the victim as yet. However henbury is a pathological liar, paedophilie and needs his shop visited. Very strange and dangerous people in my book."

• Haha 13

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"it isn’t banter it’s genuine hate in many cases - apparently they can never forgive us from trying to steal their ground when they were in danger of folding. Constant references to a few of our fans indiscretions as gifts that keep giving big no acceptance or acknowledgment of their own fans constant misbehaviours. Also constant piss taking about gas fans running away from theirs i.e. the infamous Park street fracas which in my book condones violence. No references to their fans on the pitch before the end of the JPT games goading and spitting at players an interfering with play or the 2 derby games where they attacked and chased our players of their pitch. Their match against Newcastle last season and many incidences in their ground with away fans including fighting with their own v Man City. The smashing up of a family birthday party In Nottingham springs to mind - and now their fans trying to take the West Midlands police to court because they are angels and their human rights are breached. How laughable and smug they are in the comments that henbury Gas has brought their club into disrepute when it was suggested by PC Julie they have acknowledged 2 reports of an incident where a fan was attacked but not been able to talk to the victim as yet. However henbury is a pathological liar, paedophilie and needs his shop visited. Very strange and dangerous people in my book."

:facepalm:

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

So who is strange and dangerous City fans or Henbury Gas ?

18 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Oh dear, someone has sand in their vagina.

Hello any lurking gas! We are smug because your football team is pathetically, haplessly shite, your ground is as well appointed as downtown Aleppo and your supporters have the collective IQ of a bucketful of krill.

Have another crappy day won't you! x

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

41 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

What an absolute crock of shite that is! The ability to spout bollocks must be a pre-requisite for being a methane snorting loser then. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

58 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

When did we play Newcastle last season? 

59 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The Nottingham bar bollocks yet again

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Wtf is it on about 'birthday party in Nottingham?  Is that a reference to the Amici Bar? Presume so. Never knew this was part of their bullshit smear campaign against us! What belters they really are. 

• Like 1

The smashing up of a family birthday party In Nottingham springs to mind - 

Ignoring the standard Gas bollocks about our fans gobbing all over the place, I presume he’s talking about the Amici Bar here? 

Sombody might want to correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that incident started by Forest fans who legged it into the Amici Bar once they’d realised they’d bitten off more than they could chew and the City fans went after them?

The Sag is trying to make it sound like we inexplicably target family gatherings on away trips? Sounds more like something they’d do tbh.

now their fans trying to take the West Midlands police to court because they are angels and their human rights are breached. 

Is that the City fans who were stopped by the Police on the way to Birmingham and were prevented from attending the game for no reason at all?

Can’t the thick Sags see what might be slightly unfair about that?

How laughable and smug they are in the comments that henbury Gas has brought their club into disrepute when it was suggested by PC Julie they have acknowledged 2 reports of an incident where a fan was attacked but not been able to talk to the victim as yet.

When did this happen? Unless by 2 reports he means Henbury Gas and his mate talking to the Copper when she paid him a visit?

Why haven’t they been able to talk to the victim? HG originally claimed he knew him well. 

There were no reports made to either the club or the Police.

Their constant desire to distort the facts is one of the many reasons we laugh at them. This thread wouldn’t exsist if they didn’t keep giving us the ammo to fire back at them. 

Hello Slagheads, thanks for visiting :sub:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Surely that depends. I mean Bristol Rugby sold the training pitch for housing. Does that mean a precedent has already been set

oh and the small matter that a Sainsbury's was basically approved by Judicial review

Edited by Hello

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Stadium_(Bristol)

The Memorial Stadium, also commonly known by its previous name of the Memorial Ground, is a sports ground in Bristol, England. It opened in 1921 dedicated to the memory of local rugby union players killed during the First World War,[2] and was the home of Bristol Bears until they moved to Ashton Gate in 2014. It is currently the home stadium of Bristol Rovers F.C., who moved there in 1996.

The site was created on an area of land called Buffalo Bill's Field, after Colonel William "Buffalo Bill" Cody's Wild West Show was held there between 28 September and 3 October 1891.[3] Two years later in September 1893 Clifton RFC played on the site for the first time. During the First World War the site was converted into allotments but after the war Buffalo Bill's Field was bought by Sir Francis Nicholas Cowlin (then the Sheriff of Bristol) and given to Bristol Rugby Club. In 1921 it became the Memorial Ground, home of Bristol Rugby Club, and was opened on 24 September that year by G. B. Britton, the Lord Mayor of Bristol, as a home for Bristol Rugby Club.

In 1996, Bristol Rovers moved in as tenants of Bristol Rugby Club, and then entered into joint ownership through the Memorial Stadium Company. After just two years, in 1998, the rugby club was relegated from the Premiership (causing them severe financial difficulties) and under the terms of the agreement Bristol Rovers were able to buy Bristol Rugby's share of the stadium for a 'nominal fee', a clause designed to protect either party should one or the other fall into financial difficulties. The rugby club became tenants in their original home.

From 2017;  https://memorialgroundbristol.wordpress.com/

The meeting was arranged by Friends of the Memorial Ground (FOMG), to discuss the intention of Dwane Sports Ltd, who are the owners of Bristol Rovers, to rebuild the Memorial Stadium. The two key ‘take-aways’ were that: Dwane Sports are considering building a new stadium with a capacity of about 17,000 to 20,000 (which is 5,000-8,000 more than the current capacity) the new stadium would be self-funded.

In a spirit of co-operation and a shared interest in a sustainable/successful future for the stadium, FOMG emphasised that a wide range of creative solutions to match day traffic and parking would be necessary. The club recognises that research into fans’ travel patterns was needed. Rovers are putting up bicycle stands. We discussed other options, including providing incentives to fans to cycle or walk to matches, shuttle buses to Kingswood, Easton, Temple Meads, etc, a deal with local bus companies, pooling resources and solutions with the Bristol County Ground (Gloucestershire County Cricket Club), park & ride, park & stride, car sharing, and the setting up of a match-day-only residents parking zone.

The Memorial Ground is to be rededicated to commemorate Bristol rugby players killed in wars since 1945. Bristol Rugby Former Players are applying for funding to professionally restore the listed entrance gates. FOMG and Rovers are to explore the possibility of re-planting the Scots pines around the ground’s perimeter, where these are now missing.

1 hour ago, Hello said:

Surely that depends. I mean Bristol Rugby sold the training pitch for housing. Does that mean a precedent has already been set

oh and the small matter that a Sainsbury's was basically approved by Judicial review

When I had to go there every Tuesday during the mid 70's the training pitch was usually unplayable so we either had to use the actual pitch or the sodding great car park that did for us forwards knees and elbows. Behind the old stand was an extension affair that housed the then pretty basic scrum equipment. Although they sold the training pitch they did then retain and turn around the car park such one could argue the original covenant of preserving sport and recreation was maintained. Could be the rugby club argued that without the sake they'd have folded altogether as they never had two halfpennys to rub together.

4 hours ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

The Nottingham bar bollocks yet again

I was struggling to think of a venue for my little un’s next birthday, forgot to ask the local wine bar if they can accommodate. Completely forgot a wine bar is the most ideal venue for a child’s birthday party 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2