IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 10/09/2018 at 08:44, Miah Dennehy said:

Yes I suppose that sort of makes sense. Personally I would like to see an end to segregation, I am convinced that the vast majority of people who do spend entire games hurling abuse 'across the barricades', wouldn't say boo to a goose if the target of their derision was sat next to them!

An interesting point.

Some years ago, I sat in what was then the Williams Stand and watched City lose 3-0 against Leeds - this was the game in which both James Wilson and Yannick Bolassie were sent off.

Back then, away fans were housed in a corner of the old East End, and the Leeds fans were their usual charming selves throughout, hardly watching the match, just striving constantly to get past the line of Police and stewards and in to the end of the Williams stand next to them.

I was sitting at the other end of the Williams, next to a couple of Leeds fans, both of whom were wearing their scarves proudly, and, in between denouncing the behaviour of their fellow Leeds 'fans', we were able to share an appreciation of outstanding performances by Robert Snodgrass and an even younger Fabian Delph. 

We shook hands as we bid each other farewell at the end of the match, although I have yet to take them up on their kind offer to join them for a future return fixture at Elland Road, having been disappointed at my last visit some 38 years earlier almost to the day.

Come on then, own up. Who posted this beauty?

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12917/on-line-survey-bristol-council

"Bristol council. Are sending out letters asking people .What they think of Bristol life might be a good way of insisting the council ask whoever is developing the arena at filton to incorporate a stadium for us ?"

17 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

"Bristol council. Are sending out letters asking people .What they think of Bristol life might be a good way of insisting the council ask whoever is developing the arena at filton to incorporate a stadium for us ?"

My god they’re thicker than a whale omelette that lot 

• Like 2

On 10/09/2018 at 12:05, BTRFTG said:

It's perfectly reasonable for covenants to be removed where they relate to restrictions that are today illegal or where their purpose may no longer be easily discharged. In which case if the land on which The Memorial sits is preserved for 'Sport & Recreation' Wael & Co would have an impossible task in demonstrating that the covenant has been maintained since Bristol Rugby upped sticks and left. Methinks that's been his intention all along.......

Where do the Nuns go then ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Son Of Nob said:

I might comment saying I want to walk my dog on it, ina village green kind of way

Not a chance of the Gas sharing with Bath Rugby if they redevelope the Rec, the only slight chance they may have of a ground share is if Bath Rugby were to move out of Bath and head Bristol way but that is exactly what Bath Rugby and all the pubs, restaurants etc of Bath city centre don't want to happen hence the ongoing battle to upgrade the Rec. They are more likely to end up back with Bath City at Twerton Park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son Of Nob said:

Wanting something for nothing, again.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Not a chance of the Gas sharing with Bath Rugby if they redevelope the Rec, the only slight chance they may have of a ground share is if Bath Rugby were to move out of Bath and head Bristol way but that is exactly what Bath Rugby and all the pubs, restaurants etc of Bath city centre don't want to happen hence the ongoing battle to upgrade the Rec. They are more likely to end up back with Bath City at Twerton Park.

Totally agree. Bath Rugby have a huge uphill task with their plans. To add a "Football team "would raise opposition still further. I honestly believe that Bath Rugby are in a "no win" situation and  their Chew born and raised owner will have to bite the bullet and pull the club toward an out of town venue that almost certainly wont be toward Bristol. With land prices at a prohibitive price in Bath, my belief is that they'll move to Wiltshire (where much core support lies). The Gas havent got any cash to put into the venture....and that leaves 'em in a very poor situation. 

The unfortunate losers in all this are Bath City FC...whose tentative enquiry about selling Twerton Park and playing at The Rec was swiftly rejected

Edited by Sweeneys Penalties
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, phantom said:

image.png

Are you retiring @JulieH ?

Not retiring yet !

pc Thomas is also a police spotter but to my knowledge has not taken over my role! 

Pc Thomas was dealing with incident being reported by henbury gas and visited him with me.

not sure who this message is from as I have checked my e mail at 1800 and not had one .

15 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Not retiring yet !

pc Thomas is also a police spotter but to my knowledge has not taken over my role! 

Pc Thomas was dealing with incident being reported by henbury gas and visited him with me.

not sure who this message is from as I have checked my e mail at 1800 and not had one .

Wouldn’t worry about it, it’s your mate you met in  Henbury. It’s like him to bullshit! 

Best check your junk emails !!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Not retiring yet !

But....

But....

This means Henbury is not always truthful...

I now remember how I felt when I found out Santa wasn’t real :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Not retiring yet !

More bullshit probably....

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Was working with a couple of reasonable sags today who are well capable of a decent and balanced discussion about the Bristol clubs...they don’t know each other but both had heard separate rumours about the gas possibly sharing a new stadium with Bath RFC near Saltford...don’t really care but thought I’d mention it as it fits in with part of your thinking...

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Was working with a couple of reasonable sags today who are well capable of a decent and balanced discussion about the Bristol clubs...they don’t know each other but both had heard separate rumours about the gas possibly sharing a new stadium with Bath RFC near Saltford...don’t really care but thought I’d mention it as it fits in with part of your thinking...

Perhaps they both heard it down the Cat & Wheel from some fella called Rob, from Bristol? 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

cant see it myself. Public Transport is shocking, car parking is virtually non existent and the land space would need to be massive to accommodate everything they would need  to (including parking), so I cant buy into the Saltford rumour. If the old Fry's site in Keynsham was still going begging, I'd have thought that it would have been just the site.....fitting the criteria that there is a railway station, it's a large site and there are plenty of pubs in Keynsham. That and the fact that Keynsham houses the council of Bath and North East Somerset. 

Its all conjecture of course, but if I had to pinpoint a site, I'd be looking toward Trowbridge (the training ground is in Farleigh Hungerford) or Chippenham for Bath Rugby... and The Gas have no business there at all

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t doubt what you’ve heard but would be very surprised if anything was built on the A4 between Bristol & Bath, that roads a nightmare at the best of times, i’ve heard that if Bath were to move then it would be more likely to be towards Wiltshire where they have massive support

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Don’t doubt what you’ve heard but would be very surprised if anything was built on the A4 between Bristol & Bath, that roads a nightmare at the best of times, i’ve heard that if Bath were to move then it would be more likely to be towards Wiltshire where they have massive support

that speed camera at the bottom of Saltford Hill would be clicking like a paparazzi photographer

• Haha 1