IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Christsakes, well known as ‘pathological liars’, but their attendance thread takes it to new levels.

Historically, rule of thumb has been two thirds City, one third Sags in terms of real/latent support. Now that’s heading towards a three quarters, one quarter divide.

Very fitting that they have quarters for their shirts - that should help to remind them of their share of support. 

North Bristol was never ‘theirs’. The good news, it’s mostly ours now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The time will come soon, if nothing is done about our club, they will soar away from us forever.

But at the moment, still, with 8,000 in our poxy stadium and in L1, and 17,000 in their theatre of screams, we could still keep up.  A new stadium and we can easily get 15,000.

It can be done.  Whether it will be done is a different matter."

Why can they not tell the truth??

12 Bristol City Bristol City Total attendance: 481,916 Total games: 23 Average attendance: 20,953
Edited by Unan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Unan said:
Post Options

Post by lpgas on 4 hours ago

I think we has about 21,000 and City about 24,000. It's just that they can get them in to their ground

WTAF!?! 21k? So the formula for the gas is to multiply their average attendance by 2.5 ish and for us just add a couple of thousand - yeah that works ipgas!

How come the collective of fans on gaschat contain such a high proportion of people with such idiotic thinking. I am beginning to think it's actually worthy of psychological research it's got to be waaay higher than national average.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cityal said:

WTAF!?! 21k? So the formula for the gas is to multiply their average attendance by 2.5 ish and for us just add a couple of thousand - yeah that works ipgas!

They also spend a lot of their time converting celcius to fahrenheit using similar methods.

Last week, it was 102 in the shade at the Mem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

QED, we're 'AVERAGING' 21,000 saggies and that's over 18 months, you are averaging around 1/3 of that! 

We don't have to fabricate that we take 40,000+ to Wembley, you just make figures up.

We own a rebuilt stadium which is stunning. You want someone to build you something for nothing, as usual.

We ARE an established upper Championship club, knocking on the door of the Premier league. You're knocking on the door of L2.

We already have a great training centre, but are building a better one. You've got a field which has lain dormant for years and nowhere to train in 7 months..

We have a squad worth £Millions, you have a pub side worth nothing.

We can survive up here, you can't survive in L1.

A £100M development of the area around OUR stadium is planned, you're building a new tent.

We've got a £Billionaire owner, you've got a liar.

You've got a 'unique kit and the 'best fans in the world'. Why are your own fans criticising your home shirt and saying the atmosphere is 'poisonous' then?

Game bloody over. 

I genuinely think I'm done with this thread as they have **** all, literally **** all to come back with apart from lies and fabrication.

**** them, I hope their club dies! 

OTIB.

Mate, you really need to come off that fence and let’s us know what your really feeling !! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

On another note, today is National “talk like a pirate day”.

All round my office, people have been saying how they’d hate to work for a better, more successful company, claiming they’ve not been punching horses and ruminating on the attractiveness of terriers.

Every time I ask for a sodding spreadsheet to be completed, I just keep getting told “these things take time”.

Its getting right on my tits....

DncgDzoXoAAIFQF.jpg

• Haha 2

I live and work in kingswood and the amount of City shirts I see worn is shocking to be fair.And thats changed in the last two years.

The Wood use to be 90% gas,but if Im honest it is only 70% maybe even less now.

Absolutely deluded. The "Wood" has never been 90% gas, it is just a myth. It is the same old "say something enough times and people will believe it". There is not even 50% Sags in Kingswood and that is a certainty - unless they are like their crowds and just do not leave their houses.....

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well according to Roverzzz it was 60,000 !!!!!! Scroll down here:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/april/19.04.18-nick-day/

Danny Baker was not wrong or joking when he called them "pathological liars" on the radio years ago; nor was I yesterday when I likened them to Trump and his "if you believe (enough) it, it's true" you make your own reality self-delusion, although I somewhat underplayed it and didn't go far enough.

They really are quite odd/weird/sad.

Edited by Moments of Pleasure
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

47029 was the official attendance.

But they really can’t help themselves can they.

Why do they lie constantly about attendances?

Its bizarre.

Bizarre, but not unusual or unheard of. This sort of "create your own truth/reality" is a common human frailty. The "truth isn't truth" as Rovers' lawyer, Rudy Guiliani put it recently. 

There is the truth - 47,029 - according to those that simply report how many people attended that game, and have no need or interest in making things up and believing fairy stories; and then there's the alternative "truth," or the Rovers' "truth," which is what they want it to be: 60k crowd with 47,029 gas.

And so it goes on.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

They're now making the capacity at the mem bigger in order to make them feel better. 

How are you going to fit 13000 in a stadium that holds 12300 then tomylil? 

Screenshot_20180920-120059.png

Presumably if and when they get success they will be able to extend one of their tents.

Apart from the capacity gaffe actually that poster comes across as scarily realistic tbf...

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

They're now making the capacity at the mem bigger in order to make them feel better. 

How are you going to fit 13000 in a stadium that holds 12300 then tomylil? 

Screenshot_20180920-120059.png

If what we have on home games is "sanitised corporate" then I for one am a huge fan. The atmosphere is alright where I sit and I can get a pint before and half time easily, meaning my "matchday experience" is far better than what we had before. 

If "old skool" experience is what they want then good for them. I love going home games now. I don't fancy having a piss in a hole in the ground or standing in the pissing rain for a £4 sausage roll. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lita For Congo said:

If what we have on home games is "sanitised corporate" then I for one am a huge fan. The atmosphere is alright where I sit and I can get a pint before and half time easily, meaning my "matchday experience" is far better than what we had before. 

If "old skool" experience is what they want then good for them. I love going home games now. I don't fancy having a piss in a hole in the ground or standing in the pissing rain for a £4 sausage roll. 

Yup I think it’s just more bitterness from them. Yes we do have facilities to offer the full corporate experience, but those at the lower end are well catered for too. Our main gripes seem to be lack of seating in the concourse, lack of warm hand driers and the tannoy is muffled. Compare those complaints to their match day experience as you have highlighted above.

I really don’t think they ever will be able to close the gap on or off the field so by dressing things up by labelling it Old Skool.  In their minds they are trying to convince others it’s what they want as they have no choice. But who really would go so basic it’s non league standard.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lita For Congo said:

That is the bit they don't get. If they ever get a new stadium what are they expecting? 2 toilets for the whole home fans, 2 bars and 1 pasty hut, second hand rusty faded seats? Imagine if they get some decent facilities and their crowds go up to 10k - no doubt they will all be banging on how they have lost their identity and are disappointed with the whole experience and sold their soul to the corporates.......

I wish we were still signing players who cannot get into a Stevanage side, free cast offs, had a record signing that was how many years ago, best players gone for peanuts, and are generally a laughing stock with one of the worst stadiums in the whole Football League. 

Still it is all about having "an identity" and only that......

4 minutes ago, wood_red said:

That is the bit they don't get. If they ever get a new stadium what are they expecting? 2 toilets for the whole home fans, 2 bars and 1 pasty hut, second hand rusty faded seats? Imagine if they get some decent facilities and their crowds go up to 10k - no doubt they will all be banging on how they have lost their identity and are disappointed with the whole experience and sold their soul to the corporates.......

I wish we were still signing players who cannot get into a Stevanage side, free cast offs, had a record signing that was how many years ago, best players gone for peanuts, and are generally a laughing stock with one of the worst stadiums in the whole Football League. 

this is a club who wanted to sell a war memorial to sainsburys, stole another sporting teams ground,  assault women and children, make up lies about other clubs, numerous racist abuse incidents (in this day and age), assault other players.........

If i were them I'd bite your hand off to lose that "identity" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

A far better experience but they cream themselves when they go to Wolves and QPR in the cup 

Indeed, inconsistency and hypocrisy in their arguments and standpoint abound. We know that it is all bitter nonsense, cobblers. It doesn't add up. Will they insist they stay at the Mem and boycott the new "bowl" should they ever somehow build a new ground? Will they .....

33 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Every barb thrown our way by them - identity, bowl, franchise, plastic, corporate etc - has to be seen through the prism of their own desperate bitterness, their envy, their sense of worthlessness and general shiteness, in comparison with us. And their inability to do anything about it.

If they were making a conscious, deliberate choice between remaining "old skool" and maintaining this imagined "identity," or modernising like us, and moving into the 21st century  then we might take them seriously. But they are not choosing to be "old skool," they have no choice in the matter. They are stuck in the 1980s at the Mem, and quite frankly, bloody lucky to be there.

• Like 2

Well, Coventry have sold all of their tickets, I wonder if the blue few can do the same for the "Battle of the Sleeping Giants" ? :whistle:

Coventry City fans are reminded that this Saturday's away game against Bristol Rovers is a sell-out and that there will be no tickets available on the day

The match takes place this Saturday 22nd September, with a 3pm kick-off at the Memorial Stadium.

Our full allocation of 1,141 tickets sold out last week, with no more tickets available to us either in advance or on the day.