IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

38 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I only counted 373, typical gas exaggeration....

IMG_20180930_081739.jpg

Looking at that photo. Not only have they got shit support. But most of them look about 80. Thankfully our club does a fantastic job I think with our young supporters . Rarely see a kid in a rovers shirt. But see city shirts all over Bristol 

Edited by Red Army 75

8 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Nothing to elaborate on really. He is a well known fan of Rovers, as in a proper fan who has followed them home and away for a number of years  and has  been a board member in the past.

As for the new stadium comment , I assume you are taking the piss :)

Honestly no. Why would he want to take over with no real prospect of a new stadium?

23 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Honestly no. Why would he want to take over with no real prospect of a new stadium?

I’ve said before,anyone living near the uwe go and have a look at the plot of land for the stadium.i can’t belive they would pull the plug on it and walk away from the deal.the location,transport and PARKING would be first class,I would not be surprised if they announced something soon.Dare I say it would be a great site for a arena.

5 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I’ve said before,anyone living near the uwe go and have a look at the plot of land for the stadium.i can’t belive they would pull the plug on it and walk away from the deal.the location,transport and PARKING would be first class,I would not be surprised if they announced something soon.Dare I say it would be a great site for a arena.

I've been reliably informed from a source working at UWE that there is no movement on their stance R.E. the stadium. Either the gas pay for it or it'll be renovated for another purpose. The VC up there is wanting to transform Frenchay into an academic supercampus. The new business school is finished, with a new engineering and science block being built fairly close to it.

Plus UWE are near completion on their own sports ground Hillside Gardens. Can't see that they would build Hillside gardens if that plot of land you refer to is still to be used for sporting purposes. Which it 99.9% won't be.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I've been reliably informed from a source working at UWE that there is no movement on their stance R.E. the stadium. Either the gas pay for it or it'll be renovated for another purpose. The VC up there is wanting to transform Frenchay into an academic supercampus. The new business school is finished, with a new engineering and science block being built fairly close to it.

Plus UWE are near completion on their own sports ground Hillside Gardens. Can't see that they would build Hillside gardens if that plot of land you refer to is still to be used for sporting purposes. Which it 99.9% won't be.

I agree ,I just can’t understand why they never bit there hands off at the time.i will feel a lot happier when something else gets built there(not more flats or houses).i

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I agree ,I just can’t understand why they never bit there hands off at the time.i will feel a lot happier when something else gets built there(not more flats or houses).i

Only reason I can see why Wally pulled out of the UWE deal is that they will never own the land it’s planning to be built on, also UWE were due to receive part of the non match day revenue? All could be renegotiated again of course. If this Ed Ware was that much of a messiah as some are making out why didn’t he take over before Wally?