IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Wondered how long it would take.....always the victim eh?

Three scenarios:
1. Rovers have jumped the gun on installing the 2 stands because anyone that has dealt with previous planning permission has left the club.

2. Some sh1thead in the Council Planning Department is causing mischief.

3. No f@*£er in either organisation has a clue what is going on.

Number 3 is the funniest. 

No, people at the council didn’t know what was going on and THAT is the problem...!

• Like 1

Just now, Super said:

Do you need planning permission when wheeling in a new stand?

That’s a good question. The need for planning permission for shepherds huts (with wheels) caused much debate in the planning profession. What you do is keep moving the structure around your landholding.

The SAGS  could fit wheels on these tents and then tow them around Bristol for use at dog shows and the like, returning them to The Mammary every other Saturday. 

• Haha 1

You couldnt make this up could you - what an embarassment.....well even more so than normal!! You can guarantee that it will be somebody elses fault as well....

Closing it down wont make any difference to the attendance though will it lets be fair.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I've put up tents before without needing planning permission. 

Why are they any different? 

This!

The tents aren't permanent structures so why would they need planning permission?

I appreciate they would need to (somehow) pass a health and safety  and SAG check but thought only permanent structures need planning permission?

• Like 1

Agent Stewart praised for back to back 0-0 draws;

Concerns though remain over Bristol Rovers forward line with one Gashead calling it ‘actually painful’ . Clarke though addressed the issues in his post match comments saying coach Marcus Stewart was continuing to work hard with the clubs forwards, using a banjo and a barn door for practice. 

:gasmask: :clap:

I think the council have got this one wrong, rather than the sags. They've clearly said that they've been liasing for months with them about this but have never warned them about this? The law on temporary structures isn't rocket science  but there are some right dullards working for BCC - And I should know as I used to be one of them! So yeah, not really the sags fault here. Still funny as #### though!!!

Edited by Wanderingred

UK Planning Permissions for Temporary Buildings

Temporary warehouses and industrial tents can be used without planning permissions in the UK if they are used for a very short duration only. This can be until 28 days at a given location, and there are exceptions to this. Exceptions take the size, position and building reason into consideration. If the buildings are in use for a longer period that 28 days one usually needs to apply for a semi-permanent or a permanent permission.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

This!

The tents aren't permanent structures so why would they need planning permission?

I appreciate they would need to (somehow) pass a health and safety  and SAG check but thought only permanent structures need planning permission?

I think there is a clause in the planning regulations which relates to "erections which are an affront to the eyes"

...so this would apply to the new stand as well as the pricks that fill it on a Saturday.

• Haha 2

On 01/10/2018 at 11:21, Miah Dennehy said:

My answer was a touch tongue in cheek.

I started going to Eastville in the 73/74 season and about 5 years after that Rovers were full of plans to move to Stoke Gifford. then Mangotsfield, then Avonmouth  and a whole host of other sites I can't even remember. I have seen more Evening Post front pages with an artist's impression of what Rovers new stadium 'could look like' than I care to remember so you will forgive me that whenever there is talk of a new stadium/investment, I don't get too carried away . I do confess that I did fall for it when Nick Higgs appeared in his hard hat and high viz on site claiming everything was 'watertight', which was when you consider it wasn't too long before that the same bunch were actually going to let us go to Cheltenham (and pay for the privilege) to choose our new seats was pretty dumb of me.

I quite like The Mem, people can take the piss all they want, but I think it is in a great location and the Blackthorn End is a great bit of terracing so I am way past caring if we get a new ground or not. All I care about is meeting up with mates for a few beers, the chance of a bit of excrement ( and Rovers under DC have played some entertaining stuff) and the odd good away day. 

Fixed free of charge,

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I think the council have got this one wrong, rather than the sags. They've clearly said that they've been liasing for months with them about this but have never warned them about this? The law on temporary structures isn't rocket science  but there are some right dullards working for BCC - And I should know as I used to be one of them! So yeah, not really the sags fault here. Still funny as #### though!!!

Yep - council screw up. Oh Well,  it raised a chuckle anyhow.

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

I see the resident **** is back spouting bollocks again !!

Let's take a look who has actually built anything for their club this century

image.png

Lansdown should employ him, he seems to have a spiderweb of connections in the Bristol hierarchy.

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Can't believe they made sich a fundemental error.  Their excuse - doh, we didn't fink we needed permission to put up a tent.

We googled how to get an erection …..* (& 'came' across some early polaroid's of Irene posing on the old Eastville dog track… forgot what they were Googling for after that!)  …..and it said nuffink about plannin permission.

The gift that keeps on giving ???  

( * hope you don't mind I amended your post slightly @wendyredredrobin to include a likely scenario for their incompetency, Gas W**k**s! )  :)  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I see the resident **** is back spouting bollocks again !!

Let's take a look who has actually built anything for their club this century

image.png

Funny that.....he always appears to know what's going with the council on anything city related but is clearly oblivious to anything to do with the sags. Surely if he had an inside line, he would have been given a heads-up about this latest little nugget.

So who do we believe.....a sad, despicable, compulsive  liar who has even been 'outed' by fellow sags or a professional, financially secure organisation who have spent the last two years in consultation and pre-planning meetings with the council to ensure all potential obstacles and issues are understood and mitigating plans put in place.........we are building on a brownfield site and also have the carrot of building much needed housing on the Ashton vale and arena sites. There will no doubt be "issues" raised along environmental and transport but nothing that we wont already be aware of.

Clearly something that is totally alien to the clowns at Horfield

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Lansdown should employ him, he seems to have a spiderweb of connections in the Bristol hierarchy.

It's almost as if he could be a member of the Merchant Venturers.......although I think most people will agree he is no more than a member and a Merchant Banker

• Haha 2