IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Astonishing outburst. He might struggle to survive that.

I also find it rather odd that he chose to directly compare them to us. We are literally not in their league. They are competing with other L1 clubs, not us, so that should be his frame of reference. If money was no object for all the other L1 clubs he might have a point...but Rovers are currently lower in the table than megaclubs such as Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood Town and Shrewsbury.

It suggests he has an unhealthy obsession with us that is distracting him from the job in hand.

Thank god were not obsessed with them i say,i mean imagine having a thread about them and people posting on it every day,wont happen of course.

Oh wait a minute!

1 minute ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Thank god were not obsessed with them i say,i mean imagine having a thread about them and people posting on it every day,wont happen of course.

Oh wait a minute!

Yeah, but hang on.... here you're talking about the manager     

fans do it everywhere, but the manager?

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

in all fairness outside of this thread people on this site think he's a good manager and wonder why he didn't leave when his stock was high. So, nope not hated by most 'Teds' - we just find him kinda funny, and a little sad to still be at that dump.

Spot on, he’s got 4 promotions on his CV - as much as I despised his ‘Happy Days’ comment and his drunken “print that b@stard Grimsby Telegraph” antics etc etc - he is obviously a decent manager and I actually respected him a little bit when he turned down the approach from Leeds, he could have gone there, failed, got sacked and been paid off with a sum which would have set him up for life....but, how that mob up the road think we hate him because we feel threatened by the gas with him in charge is just laughable....

Truth is, the fake fekir can't afford to sack him. All he's got is short arms, his pocket money and a Chelsea season ticket (& He won't part with that)

Dopey can get away with saying anything he wants as his bosses don't give a flying f as they're too busy trying to offload the debt and dilapidated asset.

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on, he’s got 4 promotions on his CV - as much as I despised his ‘Happy Days’ comment and his drunken “print that b@stard Grimsby Telegraph” antics etc etc - he is obviously a decent manager and I actually respected him a little bit when he turned down the approach from Leeds, he could have gone there, failed, got sacked and been paid off with a sum which would have set him up for life....but, how that mob up the road think we hate him because we feel threatened by the gas with him in charge is just laughable....

Would probably be a decent manager for our U23's squad - if he wanted to make that step up of course

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

4 promotions and 1 relegation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

In non-banter-related news, I've genuinely heard a whisper that the UWE is back on and a very familiar face will be coming in as part of a potential takeover/investment/whatever you want to call it.

Intrigued to hear if anyone else has heard the same.

Initials please.

It would be infinitely hilarious if Steve Lansdown is somehow a part of this.

32 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

In non-banter-related news, I've genuinely heard a whisper that the UWE is back on and a very familiar face will be coming in as part of a potential takeover/investment/whatever you want to call it.

Not still the Noel Edmonds rumour is it?

28 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Pretty sure Bert has mentioned him below. This is what I was told weeks ago along with the other name being banded around everywhere as their sole saviour - probably wants the whole lot on the cheap to build student lets on. The trouble is if Wally wants top dollar it just won't get sold, and he is lumbered with the current 50k per week losses (or whatever it as the moment). If they don't get rid in 12 months they are out of pocket another 3 million? Real chance of relegation this season and their attendances could actually get worse as well, wages will have to be slashed too - if they can't pay Conference wages now who will they attract to play for them? The Al Qadis should cut their losses and run but hopefully they won't...

Wally wants to keep a percentage himself as well apparently, so you may end up with a couple of owners who want to spend and one who don't want to spend anything at all - if it goes ahead as planned. If it falls through they could be properly screwed as a club.

On 06/10/2018 at 19:28, bert tann said:

Poor old Nicholas has got himself in a tight spot again.

The Al-Qadi family won't go unless they get the full value of the land which they say is 17 million.

But the financial backer says if he pays that much for the site there won't be enough left to build Rovers a new football ground.

Our only hope now rests on a bumper olive harvest.  

27 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Oh absolutely not Steve Lansdown, I don't think that would even be legal. He's on the Rovers side, bald, looks like an alien.

Could be absolute bollocks mind you.

Perfect description of Hollowhead. Has he got any dosh?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So, Bristol Manor Farm now have to win two games in order to play the gas at the mem. 

Sounds pretty good that... 

Gonna be funny as **** when they officially establish themselves as Bristol's second team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Gonna be funny as **** when they officially establish themselves as Bristol's second team.

Could you imagine them beating rovers at the mem in a few weeks time, would literally be the funniest thing that has ever happened to sport in Bristol. 

Can see it now, a last minute Owen Howe goal to send the '800 gurt teds' behind the goal into mass delirium ?

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Could you imagine them beating rovers at the mem in a few weeks time, would literally be the funniest thing that has ever happened to sport in Bristol. 

Can see it now, a last minute Owen Howe goal to send the '800 gurt teds' behind the goal into mass delirium ?

Phwoarrrrr, can almost smell the boiling piss already.

I'll be going if they get that far. Lets have em.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Phwoarrrrr, can almost smell the boiling piss already.

I'll be going if they get that far. Lets have em.

I don't think I've made 5 consecutive FA Cup games for one team before, so if we were to get that far it would be the perfect way to get that record... 

1 hour ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

They're at it again! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13061/sick-head-fans

Forgive me if i'm wrong but when they're on about LJ having to move house wasn't it to do with Rovers fans posting his address online after the Matty Taylor transfer?

Strangely, the quoted article was written by Adam Baker - he ought to know what happened as well as anybody outside the Johnson family.