42nite

20 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

F as F yesterday afternoon

Having a beer at my local

A Rovers lad there bleating on what a good draw that is at Burton

Had a pee

Came out and Burton has scored 

Needless to say I took the piss big time 

Last week I was at an afternoon party just by the Mem. I looked at their score to see 0-0 in the 90th minute and resigned myself to them getting a point Vs Walsall.

As a couple of people I knew came along, from the game at the Mem, I broke the ice by say “not a bad point for your lot today” to be informed what had happened deep into injury time. 

I’m sure my “oh dear” sounded sincere...! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Finally you've got one over on us Miah. We stopped selling rosettes back in the 60's but it's good that your lot are taking the lead on stocking retro football memorabilia. Oh and old crisps.

Nonsense! I bought a City Rossette in the early 90’s..! 

You know, when Rovers were in the 2nd tier with us and could claim they’d never been in the basement. 

#evolutionmyarse

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There are some things that have happened that totally **** me off (Something in the past week actually, that you lot don't seem to have picked up on, and be ****** if I'm going to tell you about it!) but regardless of  things that happen I'm Rovers and that's that. If you want to push me on things that are contemptible, I think it doesn't get much lower than charging us to go to pick our seats at Cheltenham even when they knew it wasn't happening, although this didn't actually happen as the story broke the day before (if that makes sense)

Give us a clue?

16 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

would love the R*vers supporters club (AKA the Post) to interview the guys holding this fraud shoulder high. So how do you feel now then.
Mind you, if it carries on he could be carried down North street. All together now... "the gAss are going down" :clapping:

Wael-al-Quadi-celebrating-with-Rovers-fans.jpg

He's not the Messiah .

Yes , he is and I know I've followed a few . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ah right, we have something similar at the Mem, it's called the car park, it has several portacabins some of which you can buy scarves & rossettes in and once you walk through the 'car park' you can go through the turnstiles where we have 'pasty huts'. Please don't let the name mislead you though, these 'pasty huts' don't only sell pasties, they do pies and sausage rolls as well :)

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE COMPETITION

Bit of a tricky one ... but can you spot the subtle differences between the two photographs?...

20180707_161139.jpg11604483114_047aece450_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The gift that keeps on giving................goals away in injury time ???

I wonder how many had already left the ground to celebrate their away point, by sexually abusing local women in front of their children..?! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

I assume by their “entire history” he means since they’ve been a Football League club?

7B218B3F-0DBE-4A18-AAA4-7E42021AD628.jpeg

I can't see them being around for that much longer, at least not as a full time pro club anyhow.

The wider the gap gets, the weaker they become, it can't be sustainable. In today's market, there is not enough finance for 2 clubs to survive in Bristol, it's not like any other 2 club City/Town, its not a footballing area. I think non league will suit them just fine.

Their whole set up is non league, in fact most non league grounds these days put their tip to shame.  Their team cost peanuts and we all know what you get for peanuts.

Add to that a fake Sheikh, a debt of £12 milliion, home crowds of 7 or 8k and annual losses of how much? you do get the impression that the only was is down for them unless someone pumps a lot of money in (and who in his right mind would want to do that?).

If Dopey walks, I can't see Wally shelling out or anybody better and so things will justgo downhill even quicker.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

A large bottle of Glenmorangie, a crate of Guinness, £500 in used notes and a personal written apology form Chris Garland for that header may loosen my lips.

Is the news that the sale fallen through because wale wants 17 million and keep 10 per cent.

Or the news that they have not paid for the portakabins and beer suppliers

just asking for a frend 

41 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I can't see them being around for that much longer, at least not as a full time pro club anyhow.

The wider the gap gets, the weaker they become, it can't be sustainable. In today's market, there is not enough finance for 2 clubs to survive in Bristol, it's not like any other 2 club City/Town, its not a footballing area. I think non league will suit them just fine.

Just bear in mind that if we go down and the gas somehow stay up!!!!!  Just saying..... Don't forget that apart from this thread there is much (unwarranted), doom and gloom on OTIB.

Now it can be revealed.........I'm at "fault" for the two last gasp winners........................twice in two games I put an insurance bet on sags at 89 mins !  'hardly had I placed said bets when Walsall and Burton both scored !                   Best tenner outlay ever :clap::clap:

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 6