IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

39 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This clown never fails to entertain,  remember the " Thank you Matty Taylor " song.Screenshot_20181015-163044_Twitter.thumb.jpg.79394b69788c4adab909948e7e0a291d.jpg

So he knows who they've got lined up as a replacement yet lists 2 names?

Not the brightest this bloke is he. 

Assuming he means tisdale then he's even more thick. 

As for Holloway I just can't see him taking a paycut from his media gigs to go back to that shambles.

In my opinion this team isn’t a million miles away. If one of the strikers can hit some form, we’ll follow. We’re at a point where formation is almost irrelevant we need some confidence. 

This Saturday, let’s show why we’re the superior set of fans in Bristol. Wear blue, bring a mate, and vocally get behind the team. Oxford will bring numbers, and be up for the game as if it were a derby. Oxford games have always been hard fought affairs and I suspect Saturday to be the same. Encourage that mate who’s always been tempted to come along and get behind the group.

?????????

The fans (still turn up in good numbers home and away

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, B block said:

You sure their latent support is not lay- tent ?

No doubt the missing hoards of Gasheads and their offspring from the 'glory-days' at Eastville are still around somewhere. Thing is time waits for no man and, the ones that are still alive, aren't spring chickens anymore... The days of happily slumming & roughing it for most of them are long gone... the idea of one man tents and sleeping bags of the youthful sixties just wont do anymore and no longer appeal...

That's obviously why nowadays they stay home within a few paces of a warm toilet with their electric blankets and radios.... They'd resume their in person support of their blue 'n white heroes again if only the facilities resembled 21st century 'glamping' rather than 1960's carry on camping... but that aint gonna happen. 

Football has, for the rest of us, moved on bigtime in terms of facilities and we love it but for Gasheads who still hanker after an occasional live game of football sadly for them a visit to Ashton Gate  even to support the opposition is out of the question. This due to their inherent lack of sophistication the comparative hotel like quality of The Gate is a step too far removed from their simple roots and they wouldn't cope with the culture shock of it all.

So the vast hoards of latent Gasheads, they're like sleeper cells of subversives remain undercover and out if sight, with little chance of re-emerging into the light... A severely threatened species in danger of extinction much.   

Sad really..... :rofl2br: innit  

• Like 1

Blackbeard
Reserve Team

Blackbeard Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 177 posts
3 hours ago
Post Options

Post by Blackbeard on 3 hours ago

Not one to spread scurrilous rumours 

I have no form for this 

Just something I was told a week or so back 

It's too quiet for nothing to be going on 

Or... using a bit of rational logic, it's this quiet because nothing is going on?
Edited by Unan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Unan said:

In my opinion this team isn’t a million miles away. If one of the strikers can hit some form, we’ll follow. We’re at a point where formation is almost irrelevant we need some confidence. 

This Saturday, let’s show why we’re the superior set of fans in Bristol. Wear blue, bring a mate, and vocally get behind the team. Oxford will bring numbers, and be up for the game as if it were a derby. Oxford games have always been hard fought affairs and I suspect Saturday to be the same. Encourage that mate who’s always been tempted to come along and get behind the group.

?????????

But it’s not only the fans . The whole club believe there support is amazing. The dog botherer only last week was saying what a small club Burton were. Punching above their weight. 

This is from a club that has only been a league club for just over 3 years. 

Pathetic little club 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

This clown never fails to entertain,  remember the " Thank you Matty Taylor " song.Screenshot_20181015-163044_Twitter.thumb.jpg.79394b69788c4adab909948e7e0a291d.jpg

Isn't that the geezer who sang the Matty Taylor song?

Just now, Alan Dicks said:

Isn't that the geezer who sang the Matty Taylor song?

Just read your text sorry. What a pleb this bloke is...larf

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Actually, it was indeed the 1977/78 season when we won the Anglo Scottish Cup, winning the first leg 2-1 away at Love Street, Paisley in the November (1977) before drawing the return leg 1-1 at Ashton Gate two weeks later in the December.

I went to both games and was fortunate enough to see magnificent displays in both matches from a certain Tony Fitzpatrick, who later joined City but failed to live up to his earlier promise: St M's manager at the time did quite well for himself later. 

City did play St. M the following season, but it was in an earlier round (Quarter Final?) and they lost over two legs.

It was 1978/79 when we beat Rovers 6-1 in the Anglo Scottish Cup - which was what the discussion was about..... @onehowie thought it was 1977/78 when we stuffed the gas 6-1 - I just pointed out that he or she was just a year out...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

But it’s not only the fans . The whole club believe there support is amazing. The dog botherer only last week was saying what a small club Burton were. Punching above their weight. 

This is from a club that has only been a league club for just over 3 years. 

Pathetic little club 

And Burton have actually made it to the Championship, so should be considered the big club experiencing hard times :)

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

No doubt the missing hoards of Gasheads and their offspring from the 'glory-days' at Eastville are still around somewhere. Thing is time waits for no man and, the ones that are still alive, aren't spring chickens anymore... The days of happily slumming & roughing it for most of them are long gone... the idea of one man tents and sleeping bags of the youthful sixties just wont do anymore and no longer appeal...

That's obviously why nowadays they stay home within a few paces of a warm toilet with their electric blankets and radios.... They'd resume their in person support of their blue 'n white heroes again if only the facilities resembled 21st century 'glamping' rather than 1960's carry on camping... but that aint gonna happen. 

Football has, for the rest of us, moved on bigtime in terms of facilities and we love it but for Gasheads who still hanker after an occasional live game of football sadly for them a visit to Ashton Gate  even to support the opposition is out of the question. This due to their inherent lack of sophistication the comparative hotel like quality of The Gate is a step too far removed from their simple roots and they wouldn't cope with the culture shock of it all.

So the vast hoards of latent Gasheads, they're like sleeper cells of subversives remain undercover and out if sight, with little chance of re-emerging into the light... A severely threatened species in danger of extinction much.   

Sad really..... :rofl2br: innit  

Some of them who like a bit of egg chasing wont even come to support the Bears, how sad is that?

38 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

And Burton have actually made it to the Championship, so should be considered the big club experiencing hard times :)

Some of them who like a bit of egg chasing wont even come to support the Bears, how sad is that?

I guess we’ve all got a bit of ‘sad’ in us. I never went to watch Rugby at the Mem once Rovers stole it. But I go quite regularly to the Gate. I’ve no idea what’s going on but I enjoy it and it’s more social than football. I don’t go home sober. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's because they're under the misapprehension that the Bristol 'Bears' are a naturist rugby club and they don't think nudism has a place in British sport..   

The stereotypical sag.

Dim witted, intellectually challenged.I can't quite make out whether his strong point is Maths or English. 

The trouble is that its not just the few moronic fans that are deluded, its the whole club, referring to Burton as a small club as a prime example.

Without knowing all of the facts I would venture that Burton has had considerable success in recent years.

They have a modern stadium, they have a bright manager and overall are a well run football club on and off the pitch which is completely the opposite of the tented scrap yard in North Bristol.

Burton, a small club? I would say they could learn a lot from them and should afford them a lot more respect.

Screenshot_20181015-163044_Twitter.thumb.jpg.79394b69788c4adab909948e7e0a291d.jpg

• Like 1

This has to be a massive wooooosh?

Henbury Gas Avatar

Posting Level

T

4 hours ago singupgas likes this
Post Options

Post by Henbury Gas on 4 hours ago

Severncider Avatar
singupgas Avatar
Should this be publicly discussed? 

I don't know Ken, but this sort of conversation could be really damaging and stressful for him. 

The text message to me clearly indicates that he wanted the info to be brought into the public domain.

".....................….What would people say if they knew that Dave?"

My only problem with this issue is that one gashead is prepared to blab to the world and wife about something that was told to him by another gashead  in a private message...

Credibility go's right out the window if that happens 
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Unan said:

?????????

I'm still baffled as to why they actually believe this and keep spouting it. What defines being a superior set of fans?

Numbers? Certainly can't be that as they've had higher crowds than us once in several decades.

Vocal support? How would they know unless they attend City games?

Behaviour? Hmmm, boob cricket, pitch invasions, horse punching, racist abuse.. can't be that.

Loyalty? Their crowds have dipped. They may have got decent gates in non league but we shall never know what we would have got in that situation. They are hounding out the best manager they've had in years. So nope.

Reputation? I guess you'll find some fans of Championship clubs that will say they prefer them to us. Most likely because whilst we regularly play and beat them, they remain a plucky underdog that they only encounter in an early round league cup game which the travelling gas army treat as a cup final.

Anything else? Saggies reading this, please feel free to tell us why you think you are so superior.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Super said:
Blackbeard
Reserve Team

Blackbeard Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 178 posts
26 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by Blackbeard on 26 minutes ago

Wael will be gone in 5-6 weeks but retain 10%

Consortium headed by Jersey business man will take over pumping £250m in over 5 years

Training will happen at the new 4G pitches next to M32

Memorial stadium and Filton plot will be exchanged in land deal with UWE and UWE stadium will be built

In all fairness, if you ignore the £250m figure, and I mean completely ignore it, this is not too dissimilar to what I was told was happening a week or two ago. Interesting.

15 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

No, that's pretty standard stuff for us these days, what I am talking about was a very minor thing in the future of our club, but something I thought was both infuriating & embarrassing.

Is it just that you’ve not gone bust yet, then..?! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swede said:

The stereotypical sag.

Dim witted, intellectually challenged.I can't quite make out whether his strong point is Maths or English. 

The trouble is that its not just the few moronic fans that are deluded, its the whole club, referring to Burton as a small club as a prime example.

Without knowing all of the facts I would venture that Burton has had considerable success in recent years.

They have a modern stadium, they have a bright manager and overall are a well run football club on and off the pitch which is completely the opposite of the tented scrap yard in North Bristol.

Burton, a small club? I would say they could learn a lot from them and should afford them a lot more respect.

Screenshot_20181015-163044_Twitter.thumb.jpg.79394b69788c4adab909948e7e0a291d.jpg

Made me laugh in the EP..........that Paynter bloke calling them "lowly Burton"

What T F are you then mate, you're below them !

• Like 1