IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin
1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

In all fairness, if you ignore the £250m figure, and I mean completely ignore it, this is not too dissimilar to what I was told was happening a week or two ago. Interesting.

Not being funny, but it is very easy to start a rumor social media etc, someone passes it along as fact and on and on, suddenly the story is taken as fact

Or in the case of the blue few, it's known as Bull shit !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not being funny, but it is very easy to start a rumor social media etc, someone passes it along as fact and on and on, suddenly the story is taken as fact

Absolutely, that's why I caveated my initial post a few days back heavily! I actually heard the same, but without that mad £250m figure, a different location and a particular Rovers-related figure as part of the team. But as you say, massive chance it's absolute bollocks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

In all fairness, if you ignore the £250m figure, and I mean completely ignore it, this is not too dissimilar to what I was told was happening a week or two ago. Interesting.

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was told near enough the same minus the figure, and it certainly wasn't from a Social Media rumour. It was from someone who has ties to people at the top of the Sags. Whether or not anything comes of it we will soon find out, but it certainly isn't just some made up rumour (the 250m figure obviously is though).

17 hours ago, Taz said:

Who's Tidsdale and Hollaway?

If he means Tisdale or Holloway, then neither would be that desperate.

As we've said before, Dopey isn't going to walk, and Wally cant afford a payout.

Ragass Rovers will just have to make do :whistle2:

They are two little known , cheap option coaches but the Gas will believe that they've brought in Tisdale or Holloway .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

And Burton have actually made it to the Championship, so should be considered the big club experiencing hard times :)

Some of them who like a bit of egg chasing wont even come to support the Bears, how sad is that?

I'm not sure how a gashead could claim to be a Bristol rugby fan after the way they were shafted by the cuckoos.

16 hours ago, Unan said:

In my opinion this team isn’t a million miles away. If one of the strikers can hit some form, we’ll follow. We’re at a point where formation is almost irrelevant we need some confidence. 

This Saturday, let’s show why we’re the superior set of fans in Bristol. Wear blue, bring a mate, and vocally get behind the team. Oxford will bring numbers, and be up for the game as if it were a derby. Oxford games have always been hard fought affairs and I suspect Saturday to be the same. Encourage that mate who’s always been tempted to come along and get behind the group.

?????????

The fans (still turn up in good numbers home and away

No doubt the methanium will be a total sell out this weekend then, with 12,000 unable to gain entry. As they're 'the superior set of fans in Bristol' I've every expectation that they will beat our 24,000 crowds.

In all seriousness, they will struggle to break 7,000 I would imagine. 'Superior' my arse!! 

Totally deluded and going down. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

This clown never fails to entertain,  remember the " Thank you Matty Taylor " song.Screenshot_20181015-163044_Twitter.thumb.jpg.79394b69788c4adab909948e7e0a291d.jpg

....and he can’t spell the names of Tisdale or (gas hero) Holloway correctly either.....what a twerp...

Edit: apologies, I’ve just noticed that @Taz has already highlighted the lack of spelling competence above...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Swede said:

The stereotypical sag.

Dim witted, intellectually challenged.I can't quite make out whether his strong point is Maths or English. 

The trouble is that its not just the few moronic fans that are deluded, its the whole club, referring to Burton as a small club as a prime example.

Without knowing all of the facts I would venture that Burton has had considerable success in recent years.

They have a modern stadium, they have a bright manager and overall are a well run football club on and off the pitch which is completely the opposite of the tented scrap yard in North Bristol.

Burton, a small club? I would say they could learn a lot from them and should afford them a lot more respect.

Screenshot_20181015-163044_Twitter.thumb.jpg.79394b69788c4adab909948e7e0a291d.jpg

It's strange how quickly your idols fall. 

To me this man was a legend for his note perfect rendition of "Thank You Matty Taylor" but now he has revealed himself as being unable to spell, punctuate, or use words for numbers when they are twenty or below. The arch buffoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I was told near enough the same minus the figure, and it certainly wasn't from a Social Media rumour. It was from someone who has ties to people at the top of the Sags. Whether or not anything comes of it we will soon find out, but it certainly isn't just some made up rumour (the 250m figure obviously is though).

What you have described is exactly a rumour and how they spread

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Unan said:

This has to be a massive wooooosh?

Henbury Gas Avatar

Posting Level

T

4 hours ago singupgas likes this
Post Options

Post by Henbury Gas on 4 hours ago

Severncider Avatar
singupgas Avatar
Should this be publicly discussed? 

I don't know Ken, but this sort of conversation could be really damaging and stressful for him. 

The text message to me clearly indicates that he wanted the info to be brought into the public domain.

".....................….What would people say if they knew that Dave?"

My only problem with this issue is that one gashead is prepared to blab to the world and wife about something that was told to him by another gashead  in a private message...

Credibility go's right out the window if that happens 

Henbury Gas would never, ever blab to the World and his wife about something told to him in private and without checking the facts. 

He is the soul of discretion, no doubt about that...

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I'm still baffled as to why they actually believe this and keep spouting it. What defines being a superior set of fans?

Numbers? Certainly can't be that as they've had higher crowds than us once in several decades.

Only once in 54 years to be exact.

Just let that sink in....

ONCE IN FIFTY FOUR YEARS.

20 hours ago, Super said:
Blackbeard
Reserve Team

Blackbeard Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 178 posts
26 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by Blackbeard on 26 minutes ago

Wael will be gone in 5-6 weeks but retain 10%

Consortium headed by Jersey business man will take over pumping £250m in over 5 years

Training will happen at the new 4G pitches next to M32

Memorial stadium and Filton plot will be exchanged in land deal with UWE and UWE stadium will be built

But they condemn anyone based in the Channel Islands as a ‘tax dodger’ don’t they? So they couldn’t possibly sleep at night knowing that someone from Jersey had given them £250m of stolen tax money could they? Although, most of them seem to be still blissfully unaware that Dwane Sports is registered in Jersey.....or perhaps they do know but aren’t too concerned as the new canopy over the hospitality entrance, the refurbished carpets and curtains, the latest three man tent and the championship-ready sprinklers probably only came to around £149.99 - but it’s apparently still tax dodging..... 

#GasLogic

#TickTock

#We’reComingForYou

#UnluckyDaShit

#SixthRichestClubInEngland

#BiggerThanNorwich

#SameFanbaseAsLeedsWestHamLiverpool...

#40kAtWembley

#Sorry’Wembly’

#TakeMassiveNumbersAway

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Made me laugh in the EP..........that Paynter bloke calling them "lowly Burton"

What T F are you then mate, you're below them !

‘Lowly’ :laughcont:

It cracks me up, they’re such a bunch of arrogant pr1cks, always looking down their noses at other clubs yet try to make out they’re the friendly, down to Earth fans in Bristol.

How often when they were in the Basement would you hear them describing another club as ‘tinpot’, or saying “we shouldn’t be losing to the likes of these”. They were even more arrogant in Non League....hilarious.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Henbury Gas would never, ever blab to the World and his wife about something told to him in private and without checking the facts. 

He is the soul of discretion, no doubt about that...

It actually looks like that visit from the real world in the form of the police has served to curb his usual liar liar pants on fire tendencies of late.

I think it's about time that Hartcliffe boy Marcus Stewart received a special award from OTIB for services to the downfall of Bristol R*vers.

Since it was announced that he was to carry out one to one training sessions with all of their strikers, they have now failed to score in 4 league matches.

Whatever agent Stewart is doing, it must be absolute genius.

He's one our own.

Arise Sir Marcus Stewart, CAF, FTG, MTG

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I think it's about time that Hartcliffe boy Marcus Stewart received a special award from OTIB for services to the downfall of Bristol R*vers.

Since it was announced that he was to carry out one to one training sessions with all of their strikers, they have now failed to score in 4 league matches.

He's one our own.

Arise Sir Marcus Stewart, CAF, FTG, MTG

I think we can go one step further and give him a Blue Peter badge for getting that lad they signed for 'almost a Tilson' performing so poorly he hasn't scored in about 9 billion matches.

10 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Given that we converted him from a player who scored 17 goals in the premiership with Sunderland in 04/05 to a player who scored just 5 league goals for us in the next 2 years, he clearly learnt something in his time here that's rubbing off on the blue few's alleged strikers

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Given that we converted him from a player who scored 17 goals in the premiership with Sunderland in 04/05 to a player who scored just 5 league goals for us in the next 2 years, he clearly learnt something in his time here that's rubbing off on the blue few's alleged strikers

I forgot how bad he was for us along with Bridges.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Amazing wasn't it? He'd had a great record at the highest level for a good few years before he came to us. It seemed like a quality signing at the time. 

I always remember how excited he was scoring in a pre-season friendly at the Gate. Wasn't it he who was supposed to have branded GJ a "Conference Manager" in a dressing room row, which was then infamously repeated on here? Might explain where it went wrong.....?

• Like 2

There are several problems with the rumour that someone from Jersey is going to buy Rovers and do a land swap with UWE to build a new stadium at Frenchay. First, the UWE land was given to the university by Hewlet Packard, with the proviso that it could not subsequently sold. A land swap could be construed as selling the UWE land for the same price as it pays for the Filton site. Any lawyers out there who can clarify the legal situation. 

The second problem, is how much would the buyer have to pay, and what would he / she get for the money? Assuming Wael and family what to recover their costs, it’s an initial payment of £10m - £12m. For that, it’s just a piece of land at Frenchay and the players (combined worth £100k?)

Next comes the build cost of the new stadium. Rotherham’s 12k capacity ground, opened in 2012,  cost £20m. Allow a bit for inflation and it would be £25m+ for a basic stadium, ok for league 1, but unsuitable for the Championship. Ashton Gate cost approx £50m to develop, so a completely new build Championship standard  ground would be well in excess of that. 

So, it’s spend close £100m to buy the club and  get the infrastructure right, before there’s any expenditure on players, and virtually no guarantee that there will be any profit. There are much cheaper ways of getting into football. There are better bargains available and you could buy a National League team for peanuts, and spend the money on players for promotion to league 2. The article below, from 2016, gives a good guide to club values:

“An Average Team in league 1 or League 2

Unlike the championship, BPL money doesn’t flow down as much and these clubs have only seen a moderate rise in valuation. Again, if a club is based in a major city, owns it’s stadium or has a large fan base then prices can increase significantly. That being said, most League 1 teams can be acquired for £20m or less and League 2 teams can be taken over for £10m or less. In each scenario you would be taking on around 20–50% of the amount paid for the club in debt. Some League 2 clubs are under £1m e.g. Newport County.”

• Like 2