IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Is that Andy Tillson..?

The following is taken from Wiki, would appear he cost far less than a Tilson, but possibly had greater mobility.

The original robotic Dusty Bin, and his Yorkshire Terrier, Dog Garbage, was put together by Ian Rowley, in his converted chapel workshop in Rodley, Leeds. He used over 73 microprocessors, which was cutting edge 1980s remote control robotic technology in that day, at a cost around £10,000 to manufacture – which was a small fortune in those days – to control Dusty and Garbage, and in 151 shows, some of Dusty's & Garbage's antics included dressing up as a caveman and dinosaur, bullfighting as a matador and bull, dressing up as a baby, driving into the studio in a Ford Model T, juggling balls like a clown, playing the piano like Elton John, flying round the studio with a James Bondjetpack, escaping from chains like Harry Houdini, riding a bike, spraying Ted Rogers with paint and even driving a tank into the studio, to bomb the audience with confetti.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I have stated my terms for revealing all :)

Miah, this is a genuine post, not a dig or anything like that....I used to be welcome on your mob’s forum, when I joined I made it obvious why I was there...my dear old Dad was a Rovers fan, he used to play for you, never made the first team though....and my Grandad used to drive your supporters’ coaches around the country, and this was before there was an established motorway network....he drove your fans to that FA Cup tie at Newcastle in the 1950s and he told me it took about two days just to get there! And his dad, my Great Grandad was also a dyed in the wool Blue....so, I made all this apparent when I was on your forum and made it clear I was interested in a bit of debate and banter on the state of football in Bristol....it was all cool at first, I got involved in some balanced and reasonable debates, then some Neanderthal posted, “Can’t we just ban this shithead?” - and that was it...I was banned and blocked....I was never abusive, I never used inappropriate language, I never crossed the line....yet I was banned...along with all the other reds who were on there...what is your opinion on that? You are welcomed on here, yet your small minded fans will never give us the same courtesy....pathetic springs to mind...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Miah, this is a genuine post, not a dig or anything like that....I used to be welcome on your mob’s forum, when I joined I made it obvious why I was there...my dear old Dad was a Rovers fan, he used to play for you, never made the first team though....and my Grandad used to drive your supporters’ coaches around the country, and this was before there was an established motorway network....he drove your fans to that FA Cup tie at Newcastle in the 1950s and he told me it took about two days just to get there! And his dad, my Great Grandad was also a dyed in the wool Blue....so, I made all this apparent when I was on your forum and made it clear I was interested in a bit of debate and banter on the state of football in Bristol....it was all cool at first, I got involved in some balanced and reasonable debates, then some Neanderthal posted, “Can’t we just ban this shithead?” - and that was it...I was banned and blocked....I was never abusive, I never used inappropriate language, I never crossed the line....yet I was banned...along with all the other reds who were on there...what is your opinion on that? You are welcomed on here, yet your small minded fans will never give us the same courtesy....pathetic springs to mind...

Bottom line is that it isn't a forum.

Its an insular, backslapping, little members club with a minimal amount of regular posters who ensure anyone (red or blue) with views that they don't like get banned.

As a result, just like the club they support, its dying.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I very rarely go on our main forum, I use the other one which is a lot quieter. we have had the occasional City fan on there and as far as I know they have never been banned (even though the last one was a bit of a belter). I don't think anyone should be banned on any public forum though, those who don't like someones views can always use the block option ( I have had to unfollow loads of my Facebook mates!)

I hear that a joint purchase by two rugby league clubs ( Gloucester and Oxford) is being lined up. They are amalgamating and have been given permission by the Rugby League, to be based in Bristol next year.

The plan is to form a joint company called the Memorial sport company, with the existing owners of the Memorial Ground (Dwayne Holdings). If either of the parties goes into administration, the other party can purchase the other party's share holding for £10k. 

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

I hear that a joint purchase by two rugby league clubs ( Gloucester and Oxford) is being lined up. They are amalgamating and have been given permission by the Rugby League, to be based in Bristol next year.

The plan is to form a joint company called the Memorial sport company, with the existing owners of the Memorial Ground (Dwayne Holdings). If either of the parties goes into administration, the other party can purchase the other party's share holding for £10k. 

So they could by Rovers for an overly inflated price, £9999 too much.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So they could by Rovers for an overly inflated price, £9999 too much.

No, they'd be able to acquire the remaining shares for £10k, effectively the rest of the ground.

Rovers would have to pay, to play there. Sounds fair to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rich said:

It would be amazing if Rovers had their ground "stolen" by a rugby club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It would be amazing if Rovers had their ground "stolen" by a rugby club.

Wouldn't that be nice..

Unless Dwayne did something dodgy and wound up for no good reason, the rugby league is far more likely to fold as there is very little interest down here.

Rental income for the gas - not that they would see any of it.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

.... the rugby league is far more likely to fold as there is very little interest down here.

That isn't based on any fact though, just a personal opinion.

Wait until it is up and running then we can judge, teams have managed to get to a decent standard from Canada and France in the English leagues, so not so sure it won't be a success in this area

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and my Grandad used to drive your supporters’ coaches around the country, and this was before there was an established motorway network....he drove your fans to that FA Cup tie at Newcastle in the 1950s and he told me it took about two days just to get there! 

We did, though, have trains then. I wonder if they had enough interest for a motor coach, about 40 to 50, but insufficient for chartering a locomotive?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Wait until it is up and running then we can judge, teams have managed to get to a decent standard from Canada and France in the English leagues, so not so sure it won't be a success in this area

stupid northern game! ?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh no I’m not! I’d be happy to do DNA tests on Jeremy Kyle to prove it!

11 hours ago, reddoh said:

you would have to have Robbored on as well but don't worry he will drive.

11 hours ago, PluckaDuck said:

Is Jeremy related to Robbored then or to you?

This could get messy and lead to expensive and protracted legal argument if we are not careful here...

From Jeremy Kyle to Who Do You Think You Are, the debates can fill our TV screens for months ultimately leading to court appearances on Judge Rimmer, or potential appeals heard by Judge Rudie.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Not based on fact insofar as professional rugby league in Bristol is concerned, but is  based upon what a lemon in terms of public interest it is in non league strongholds  like south wales and London where pro teams have been set up . London is full of northern ex pats and Broncos only play at Ealings ground because of low crowds.

Average gate in the Super league is 8,500 and thats primarily in towns where it is a religion and people were brought up on it. Can't see too many locals taking an interest particularly during the union season, and in particular I wonder how many Bristol rugby fans would entertain lining the pockets of the organisation that shafted them, but as you say , just a personal view.