IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Barnet fans looking forward to Rovers visiting fans and their 'anthem'.

One negative for me, though. That bloody Irene song.
I HATE Goodnight Irene.
It's got to be THE most uninspirational of all football songs. Do they sing it just to send the opposition players and fans to sleep?
I shall stand right next to our drummer in the hope he bangs the drum loud enough to drown that bloody awful song from my ears.

Funny when Rovers fans compare it to YNWA.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

When I become King, as I surely will, I will ban that 'kin song. Then I'll sell Wales.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I'd let them keep it , they don't realise how much they embarrass themselves when they sing it .

I quite like The Green Green Grass Of Home when Tom sings it though... ;)   

(but..the Gas can shove 'Irene' up their asses and set it on fire! )

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We got humped by Barnet the last two times we played them....both in 2005 - they gubbed us 3-2 in the LDV Vans Trophy and 2-4 in the League Cup at Ashton Gate - and the crowd that night at our stadium was less than 4k - not much to crow about there! Oh, and Gary Bull didn’t play in either game, he left Barnet 12 years before those fixtures to join Forest....

We played Barned in 1989/90 season and Gary Bull played in that one. 2-0 at the Gate.

The 6 games without scoring a goal matchday thread ?

The Saggies take on the mighty Wimbledon tonight in yet another relegation clash at the Manurial having not scored in their last 5 games.  Another duck tonight will equal their worst run in 96 years of league football, even though they have only been in the Football League for 3 years.

Blunt striker Tom (no goals in 36 games) Nicholls leads a line which has not scored in 450 minutes of league football.

Let's hope that the Wombles can keep their prolific strike force at bay and help to match a record run from 1922 to be prowed of.

Commentary on Radio Brizzle or follow the boring drab online with the BBC or SKY Score Centre Apps for anyone interested.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is it on the red button?

I only ask, just so I can make sure I don't accidentally press it.

blue button, press option 5, do not pass go, use turnstile 7 (that's the dodgy one, just give the bloke a fiver) stay hiding in the Hobgoblin, or just stay at home. Cos that's what they do!

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Look out for referee Andy Woolmer tonight at the sags game. I hear that If he performs well infront of their large crowd he will be fast tracked to the next round of champions league fixtures.

Other way round perhaps? He performed badly in front of a large crowd, so his next game is the gas.

• Haha 1