IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I generally enjoy reading this thread but the last two pages have been kind of cringeworthy and obsessive. Discussing their team selections? I mean really?

Just read the last two pages....there is ONE post about them selecting an underperforming striker...that’s all, nothing else about their team selections.....overreaction?

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just read the last two pages....there is ONE post about them selecting an underperforming striker...that’s all, nothing else about their team selections.....overreaction?

Two pages. on one of their games. Enough said. As I said, I enjoy this thread. Just don't be surprised if they call us out for being obsessed with them.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought they were ‘loyal and true’ - they always call us fickle and ridicule our support....I don’t get it....their massively under-performing boys really need them right now, yet the ‘loyal and true’ gas seemed to have turned their backs on them and have stayed at home....again....what’s that all about? One delusional **** on gaschat recently called them ‘superior fans’ to ours...yet they don’t turn up to support their club, but we do....in much much greater numbers, at home and away...despite da gas being much ‘bigger, better and richer’ than us....they said that whilst they were ‘chairing’ the ‘billionaire’ Wael down Gloucester Rd....

Clearly the conditions at the mem are too nice for them. I am basing this on their assertion that if they played in the road they would watch from the gutter (or something along those lines). I think they are waiting for that day so they can turn out in numbers at last.

7 hours ago, harrys said:

Got the rub of the green tonight didn’t you Miah ?

Well maybe, they hit the post and both our goals had a touch of fortune about them :) But we have had some grim luck during this run (Nichols header on Saturday that somehow the keeper hit onto the bar springs to mind} So maybe we were due a bit of good luck. We were pretty poor and Wimbledon had more of the ball, but they are absolutely awful. Hopefully we have found one of the four that need to be worse than us this season.

9 hours ago, ryanj said:

StokeLodgeGas
Reserve Team

StokeLodgeGas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 364 posts
17 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by StokeLodgeGas on 17 minutes ago

brisgas Avatar
Also, pathetic attendance tonight. Just over 7100, and that included all season ticket holders who may or may not have been there. 
Support the team through thick and thin! Embarrassing when people claim that our fans are loyal because they bloody aren’t. It was only a year ago we were still getting over 9,000. First sign of trouble this season and the crowds dwindle.

To be fair I think that number isn't right at all. There were a lot lot more than 268 Wimbledon fans. Dons friend of mine told me there was an issue with is runing out of paper
For the away tickets so they just paid on the door, so there numbers are only reflecting tickets bought beforehand. 

A lot more there in our ends too than the official attendance.

Ah, the old "running out of paper for tickets trick"..........otherwise known as "give the bloke on the gate a fiver"

They must have moved him from the disabled exit gate to the away end!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Ah, the old "running out of paper for tickets trick"..........otherwise known as "give the bloke on the gate a fiver"

And the bloke on the gate was “Wally”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well maybe, they hit the post and both our goals had a touch of fortune about them :) But we have had some grim luck during this run (Nichols header on Saturday that somehow the keeper hit onto the bar springs to mind} So maybe we were due a bit of good luck. We were pretty poor and Wimbledon had more of the ball, but they are absolutely awful. Hopefully we have found one of the four that need to be worse than us this season.

Personally I think your defence will keep you up, seems a shame that it looks like Bradford, dispite the great crowds they get will be one of the 4 worse teams than you, they look truly awful 

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

The excuses they continue to throw out are pathetic, and if like someone has said above, the crowd numbers are suspect, then HMRC should pay them a visit.

They can't help themselves can they? 

Just admit that you're shit, the "loyal" ones are fickle as you know what, and stop kidding yourselves with everything else.

Maybe then, and only then, other clubs may start taking you seriously, because the "prowed" ones have a reputation that spans nationwide, and its nothing tomproud of. Other teams supporters are becoming increasingly aware of what a joke outfit they really are.

Best fans in the world my ass. Most deluded maybe...

I was there last night. Miserable night for the Dons:

1. It was hard to get in! The one person selling tickets to away fans first ran out of tickets, then ran out of change. Queued for tickets for 20 mins. TINPOT!

2. We scored 2 own goals, despite having the better of the game. (And despite the ref wrongly crediting the first goal to one of them).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I was there last night. Miserable night for the Dons:

1. It was hard to get in! The one person selling tickets to away fans first ran out of tickets, then ran out of change. Queued for tickets for 20 mins. TINPOT!

2. We scored 2 own goals, despite having the better of the game. (And despite the ref wrongly crediting the first goal to one of them).

They've still got Arthur Daley running the away turnstiles then :whistle:

6 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Apparently on Gas Chat it was down to champions league being on the tv so 1000 down on the gate ?

Umm...what??

Maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m as thick as shit, but what has the Champions League got to do with whether you go and support YOUR team when they’re playing at home on the same night?

Poor excuse.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Umm...what??

Maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m as thick as shit, but what has the Champions League got to do with whether you go and support YOUR team when they’re playing at home on the same night?

Poor excuse.

Thing is POH most sagheads I know. Got 2 teams. 

But as for last night. That excuse doesn’t work. No way can those little sags afford a sports subscription. Unless they listened to it on the wireless