IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Umm...what??

Maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m as thick as shit, but what has the Champions League got to do with whether you go and support YOUR team when they’re playing at home on the same night?

Poor excuse.

They stayed at home to watch THEIR team playing in the Champions League.

I don’t believe the Gash claims for one minute that televised CL football hurt their crowd, but if there’s some concrete proof that the allure of the fat corporate pig teams are taking support away from the smaller clubs then surely those games should be subject to the same blackout rules as 3pm Saturday games?

Having said that, I don’t understand the mentality at all that would keep someone at home watching Man U and Juve when you’ve devoted your life to one of the leaser lights. Just because Cardi B is on MTV Shite or whatever those sister stations are called these days, won’t stop me going down my local venue and watching Elvis Costello (You May say the analogy is false given the quality, but the way Man U are playing these days...)

45 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Umm...what??

Maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m as thick as shit, but what has the Champions League got to do with whether you go and support YOUR team when they’re playing at home on the same night?

Poor excuse.

16 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I don’t believe the Gash claims for one minute that televised CL football hurt their crowd, but if there’s some concrete proof that the allure of the fat corporate pig teams are taking support away from the smaller clubs then surely those games should be subject to the same blackout rules as 3pm Saturday games?

Having said that, I don’t understand the mentality at all that would keep someone at home watching Man U and Juve when you’ve devoted your life to one of the leaser lights. Just because Cardi B is on MTV Shite or whatever those sister stations are called these days, won’t stop me going down my local venue and watching Elvis Costello (You May say the analogy is false given the quality, but the way Man U are playing these days...)

3BEC9903-068A-4661-BF0D-F587E67DAC5C.png

15 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Look Now is a great album isn't it? The last Costello gig I went to was at Blenheim Palace in the Summer but before that it was Boston Massachusetts, so I make no apology for missing the City game that weekend. :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ryanj said:

StokeLodgeGas
Reserve Team

StokeLodgeGas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 364 posts
17 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by StokeLodgeGas on 17 minutes ago

brisgas Avatar
Also, pathetic attendance tonight. Just over 7100, and that included all season ticket holders who may or may not have been there. 
Support the team through thick and thin! Embarrassing when people claim that our fans are loyal because they bloody aren’t. It was only a year ago we were still getting over 9,000. First sign of trouble this season and the crowds dwindle.

To be fair I think that number isn't right at all. There were a lot lot more than 268 Wimbledon fans. Dons friend of mine told me there was an issue with is runing out of paper
For the away tickets so they just paid on the door, so there numbers are only reflecting tickets bought beforehand. 

A lot more there in our ends too than the official attendance.

And, whilst we are on the subject, what do you have to say for yourself @BigTone?

gasandelectricity
Fans' Favourite

gasandelectricity Avatar

18 hours ago via mobile bidefordgas, Tilly's Thighs, and 9 more like this
Post Options

Post by gasandelectricity on 18 hours ago

I’m sorry guys

Big tone is ******* fantastic. He’s a credit to our defence. All hail Big Tone

Now I’m home, for those not near the East Terrace, Big Tone looked like Rocky Balboa at the end of the Rocky films before he went off the pitch for treatment.

Big Tone was immense tonight. He's not your cultured defender who looks to carry the ball out of defence as if he's Rio Ferdinand.

??

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And, whilst we are on the subject, what do you have to say for yourself @BigTone?

gasandelectricity
Fans' Favourite

gasandelectricity Avatar

Post Options

I’m sorry guys

Now I’m home, for those not near the East Terrace, Big Tone looked like Rocky Balboa at the end of the Rocky films before he went off the pitch for treatment.

Big Tone was immense tonight. He's not your cultured defender who looks to carry the ball out of defence as if he's Rio Ferdinand.

??

Jeez, obsessed with our BigTone or what??? Be afraid, be very afraid Tone.  

My ex gf back in the 70's used to be like this about David Essex………….. until the magistrates court stepped in!   ?   ?   ?    ✂️    ?

15 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

gasandelectricity
Fans' Favourite

gasandelectricity Avatar

Post Options

I’m sorry guys

??

Am impostor I think !! 

I have never thought about it until a few months back when it was mentioned on here but the fewers and their double team alligiances is all true, every sad one i know and have met have always had a bigger team as a back up even my brother in law supports Rovers and Celtic (doesn't go though) .

I suppose when your watching that shite week in week out you need something to brighten up your life.

When im asked my team is City and no one else, i enjoy watching some other teams play but i would never say i supported them.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Push the boat out mate, get it some chips on the way home

Pasty from the condemned pasty shack might be a good shout. We can sit down on the cheap and nasty white plastic chairs in a tent and reminisce about yesteryear when City used to have a rival club in Bristol before IKEA took the Tote End

• Like 1

On 23/10/2018 at 23:07, ryanj said:

StokeLodgeGas
Reserve Team

StokeLodgeGas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 364 posts
17 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by StokeLodgeGas on 17 minutes ago

brisgas Avatar
Also, pathetic attendance tonight. Just over 7100, and that included all season ticket holders who may or may not have been there. 
Support the team through thick and thin! Embarrassing when people claim that our fans are loyal because they bloody aren’t. It was only a year ago we were still getting over 9,000. First sign of trouble this season and the crowds dwindle.

To be fair I think that number isn't right at all. There were a lot lot more than 268 Wimbledon fans. Dons friend of mine told me there was an issue with is runing out of paper
For the away tickets so they just paid on the door, so there numbers are only reflecting tickets bought beforehand. 

A lot more there in our ends too than the official attendance.

If this is true 

they would have to record tickets sold on the night so the tax man can take his cut

6 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

If this is true 

they would have to record tickets sold on the night so the tax man can take his cut

Dear Coombsy.

Far be it for me to spoil anybody's fun, but it has been known in the past for our blue friends to exaggerate or even, how should I say, to post outright nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Evil Post are reporting that BCFC are owned by the 6th richest owner in the EFL at £2.8 billion.  Probably no longer true though as HL shares are down by around 25%.

The Sags are on the list too with the Wally family supposedly worth £400 million.  Not much use though if they never spend any of it ?

No quotes about 6th biggest club in the country......we know how that turned out!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Evil Post are reporting that BCFC are owned by the 6th richest owner in the EFL at £2.8 billion.  Probably no longer true though as HL shares are down by around 25%.

The Sags are on the list too with the Wally family supposedly worth £400 million.  Not much use though if they never spend any of it ?

I should imagine a lot of club owners shares are down a fair bit at the moment!

• Like 1