IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Am I the only person who feels sorry for the bloke.  He was doing a great job for them and has been royally shafted by the club.  Didn’t he turn down Leeds to stay at the Mem?

I have a very small level of sympathy for him. He has clearly been shafted by the owners. He was made promises when they chucked him a new contract but maybe he was as deluded as the fans to believe it. 

Feels like last resort for him to try and get all the fans on side by diverting some of the blame to the owners, if they don't sack him or at very least come out and clear up after this it just proves that they either don't have the money to sack him or they simply don't care about the club enough/at all.

If this was happening at City I'd want Clarke out anyway. The guy looks broken. How can you possibly trust him to motivate anyone, especially the crap bunch of players he has at his disposal.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MC26 said:

I have a very small level of sympathy for him. He has clearly been shafted by the owners. He was made promises when they chucked him a new contract but maybe he was as deluded as the fans to believe it. 

Feels like last resort for him to try and get all the fans on side by diverting some of the blame to the owners, if they don't sack him or at very least come out and clear up after this it just proves that they either don't have the money to sack him or they simply don't care about the club enough/at all.

If this was happening at City I'd want Clarke out anyway. The guy looks broken. How can you possibly trust him to motivate anyone, especially the crap bunch of players he has at his disposal.

Agreed.  He may be a good manager in normal conditions but he is now pretty much in open warfare with the owners; that's relegation sewn in if not a double relegation.

Just now, East End Old Boy said:

Final? So they’ve settled for relegation already! ? suppose a better option than going bust?

If they do go into admin it will have to be soon - they`ll surely want to take the points deduction this season if they think they`re going down anyway rather than start next season on -12. If they leave it too long they`ll miss the deadline.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If they do go into admin it will have to be soon - they`ll surely want to take the points deduction this season if they think they`re going down anyway rather than start next season on -12. If they leave it too long they`ll miss the deadline.

Decisions, decisions...

They shouldn't have to into admin this year; the loan facility secured on the ground was extended by £5m at the last set of accounts so if they're genuinely going to let Rovers draw on that then they are perfectly good financially for at least the next two seasons as they're losing a shade under £2m a year, maybe closer to £1.5m this year with player sales.

Bg "if" though.

• Thanks 1

It’s been a while since a Saghead confidently predicted to me that Lansdown is about to walk away and ‘pull the plug’....“then da Gas will take over n it’ll be 1982 again fer da shit, hahaha can’t wait till you shitheads go bust, CANT ******* WAIT up da Sags....” etc

It’s almost as if they’re worried about something ?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That presenter, Alex Belfield, is a total dick.  

True, but then from the start Dopey was clearly spoiling for a fight like an angry little juiced up Gym Bunny.

Not too clever calling a fan base morons mind, especially Mansfield.

I love Mansfield, not sure why? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

Couldn't resist winding up one of my Sag neighbours this morning.

He was bleating about how bad they were and, to add insult to injury, he said he got drenched despite being under cover.

I told him if I supported such a shite team, I'd go under cover too.

I thought the miserable wretch was going to burst into tears, so I gave him a pat on the back.

Never seen a guy almost swallow his dentures before.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Weapons grade optimism from the Rovers' marketing team here:

Bristol Rovers FC Half-Season Tickets – for our final eleven home Sky Bet League One fixtures – are now on sale!

Starting at just £150 for adults and £65 for Under-16s, the half-season ticket could make the ideal Christmas gift for your family and friends heading into the new year!

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/december/6.12.18-half-season-tickets/

"Ideal Christmas gift" ?

….interesting 'ideal Christmas gift' proposition for a few Reds I'd have thought...  indeed Panto season is upon us.

£150 and the opportunity to live the ' Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread' live between now and May (savouring the gifts that keeps on giving, watching the twists, turns, tears & tantrums, the false hopes and shattered dreams as one by one they turn to dust and into ultimate Blue nightmares and despair )  including of course the chance to ' be there At The Death ' if the actual point of no return for BRFC is reached and The Gas is finally consigned to the history books..

- Not that too many Reds would wish to be there to gloat and relish such scenarios of course, we have a bit more class than them ...don't we.. ?

:whistle2:   

(psst, tickets available now!)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Am I the only person who feels sorry for the bloke.  He was doing a great job for them and has been royally shafted by the club.  Didn’t he turn down Leeds to stay at the Mem?

I don’t feel sorry for the classless, dog Walking, moron. 

He’s getting exactly what he deserves. 

“Print that”..! 

Edit: I like the way the swear filter alters DC’s canine care activities..! 

Edited by Bar BS3

12 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

….interesting 'ideal Christmas gift' proposition for a few Reds I'd have thought...  indeed Panto season is upon us.

£150 and the opportunity to live the ' Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread' live between now and May (savouring the gifts that keeps on giving, watching the twists, turns, tears & tantrums, the false hopes and shattered dreams as one by one they turn to dust and into ultimate Blue nightmares and despair )  including of course the chance to ' be there At The Death ' if the actual point of no return for BRFC is reached and The Gas is finally consigned to the history books..

- Not that too many Reds would wish to be there to gloat and relish such scenarios of course, we have a bit more class than them ...don't we.. ?

:whistle2:   

(psst, tickets available now!)

I certainly don’t want a half season ticket for Rovers. Who would..?!

However, I probably will go in the away end tosupport whoever is about to relegate them into the basement. Again! 

I was there Vs Wycombe all those years ago and I’ll be there again to revel in their demise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't Aldershot go pop at some point, only to reform as an AFC?

Aldershot was the first, Spencer Trethewey 21 year old multi-millionaire property developer was their saviour when they were in trouble.

Only he didn't have any money.  So they went bust.

What I'm saying, to labour the point slightly, is that the clubs continue because they exist outside of the limited company that currently owns them. 

AFC Wimbledon came from nowhere.  The limited company that owned Wimbledon moved the base to Milton Keynes and renamed it MK Dons.  So a group of supporters got together and created AFC Wimbledon and the WImbledon fans watched that one instead of the continuing company which had been Wimbledon FC.

If the Lansdown family read one too many abusive post on this Board, thought "we don't need this", and called in their debts then BCFC 1982 would go bust overnight.

And the next week a group of supporters would meet at the Three Lions and start up AFC Bristol City, issue shares, arrange a ground on which to play, recruit players, and apply for a place in the Conference.

Even Gretna FC still exists despite its spectacular collapse, and now plays as Gretna 2008 in the Lowland League.

The story of Gretna, interesting read if you don't know it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretna_F.C.

Gretna 2008:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretna_F.C._2008

• Like 1

Hopefully Dopey will stay and inevitably take them down, kicking and screaming how unfair everything is.

As unlikely as it sounds Gasheads seem to think if he goes then Cotts. or Hollowhead are in the frame to replace him.

Cotts. really needs to come out and reiterate how much he despises ragass Rovers and state openly he would never manage them.

Hollowhead is lurking in the background. Despite being unceremoniously hounded out of the club to a crescendo of boos and  abuse last time he managed them ( what a shame) he has reappeared on the local scene with a regular column in the EP and presumably he's amassed a fair wedge of cash through all his sackings.

No reason why he would be anything but a flop if he returned there but we'd have to put up with his irksome and unamusing ramblings on RB all the time.

Best all round if they just implode and disappear altogether, and under the tearful Dopey that seems the way they're heading.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Aldershot was the first, Spencer Trethewey 21 year old multi-millionaire property developer was their saviour when they were in trouble.

Only he didn't have any money.  So they went bust.

What I'm saying, to labour the point slightly, is that the clubs continue because they exist outside of the limited company that currently owns them. 

AFC Wimbledon came from nowhere.  The limited company that owned Wimbledon moved the base to Milton Keynes and renamed it MK Dons.  So a group of supporters got together and created AFC Wimbledon and the WImbledon fans watched that one instead of the continuing company which had been Wimbledon FC.

If the Lansdown family read one too many abusive post on this Board, thought "we don't need this", and called in their debts then BCFC 1982 would go bust overnight.

And the next week a group of supporters would meet at the Three Lions and start up AFC Bristol City, issue shares, arrange a ground on which to play, recruit players, and apply for a place in the Conference.

Even Gretna FC still exists despite its spectacular collapse, and now plays as Gretna 2008 in the Lowland League.

The story of Gretna, interesting read if you don't know it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretna_F.C.

Gretna 2008:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretna_F.C._2008

Thanks Eddie, out of likes so consider yourself 'liked'. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm gonna give this thread some 'sensible' perspective for a change.

Been out for a pre Xmas ruby tonight with long time friends, some of which are gas. Inevitably, living on the dark side, we ended up in Dando's, in Oldland.

I got chatting to a few proper gas, 40 year men, who have my respect and to see their pain, actually hurt. Maybe I'm getting old. The consensus is that Clarke is an honest, straight talking bloke that's been let down massively by owners that promised all sorts and delivered naff all. Essentially, they feel sacking Clarke would be a huge mistake but realise the Al Q's are now in a position to essentially close them down by calling in their debt.

While I, obviously laughed, I felt their pain as their club could genuinely be killed off!

Shame eh! ;)

1982 bitches, 1982!!! 

You make some good points SKA. I also would miss um due to the derbies which I used to love - they were good for Bristol football, but we are so far apart nowadays  that we ain’t playing them for many years IMO.

But 1982 I would not wish on anyone as I was at the Newport game (if memory serves me right) when we quite honestly thought this could be the last game for Bristol City. Some of the old skool Rovers fans are actually OK but the new breed I hate.

But as the saying goes “what goes around, comes around” and the Gas are well and truly in the shit!

Edited by GasDestroyer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

As did Aldershot in that technical sense but there is still a club called Hereford playing which Hereford fans continue to support.  That the limited company that previously owned Hereford went bust didn't mean that there was no Hereford to support.

BRFC 1883 can be liquidated, the AQs can realise their charge on the Memorial Ground and sell it.

The next day the supporters incorporate a new BRFC 2018, find a ground to rent, put together a scratch team and apply to play in the Conference the next season.  With an average gate of 6k they'll be welcomed with open arms.

The club continues.

Clubs that go bust can only be readmitted three levels below where they were when they went pop.

22 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

You make some good points SKA. I also would miss um due to the derbies which I used to love - they were good for Bristol football, but we are so far apart nowadays  that we ain’t playing them for many years IMO.

But 1982 I would not wish on anyone as I was at the Newport game (if memory serves me right) when we quite honestly thought this could be the last game for Bristol City. Some of the old skool Rovers fans are actually OK but the new breed I hate.

But as the saying goes “what goes around, comes around” and the Gas are well and truly in the shit!

Spot on GD.

I was also at Newport, just HAD to be there as the club was due to be wound up the following day IIRC.

As for the derbies, there are a whole generation now that have never been to a meaningful derby which says quite a lot IMHO. I don't wish to belittle the LDV / Auto windscreens but those games were nothing like a proper league derby. It's a pity for the younger ones but there's absolutely nothing we can do. 

The fact that the other mob were circling like vultures, waiting to get their hands on the Gate all those years ago, still rankles so I don't wish them well BUT to see long standing friends (even though their taste in football clubs suck) in genuine despair, brought it home a bit that they really could fold.  They're in a very dark place and they seem to be realising it. I wouldn't be surprised to see them homeless again in the near future TBH. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Spot on GD.

I was also at Newport, just HAD to be there as the club was due to be wound up the following day IIRC.

As for the derbies, there are a whole generation now that have never been to a meaningful derby which says quite a lot IMHO. I don't wish to belittle the LDV / Auto windscreens but those games were nothing like a proper league derby. It's a pity for the younger ones but there's absolutely nothing we can do. 

The fact that the other mob were circling like vultures, waiting to get their hands on the Gate all those years ago, still rankles so I don't wish them well BUT to see long standing friends (even though their taste in football clubs suck) in genuine despair, brought it home a bit that they really could fold.  They're in a very dark place and they seem to be realising it. I wouldn't be surprised to see them homeless again in the near future TBH. 

That's certainly the way that I see it going.  The AQs will want the money back that they have loaned against the value of the Memorial Stadium but they have valued it as a development land rather than in its existng use a football ground; so any incoming buyer will have to buy the ground at its development value ?£15m rather than as a football ground which is then making what looks like being a L2 club very expensive unless they are bought without the ground.

I wouldn't however want to see them groundsharing at Ashton Gate as it seems to create unpleasantness (IIRC the Palace Brighton rivalry stems from one of them groundsharing with the other) so back to Twerton it is.