IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

40 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you are an out of work manager, then there must already be questions over your reputation.

Reality is, few managers who are looking for work will have had a premiership wage going in to retirement, so the chance to early 100k (with the likely payoff) is probably too good an opportunity to turn down.

I doubt any manager with any sense of self-respect would look at it unless they were really just looking for a last payoff.

The likes of Dean Saunders however might..………………….

7 minutes ago, weepywall said:

The next manager there will be City fan Marcus Stewart, they can't afford anyone else.

I think it will, as I said above, the cheap option.

Cotts surely wouldn't blot his copy book by going there would he? Hero status at the Gate, that walk around the pitch after the Birmingham game, the 'ragbag rovers' comment?

He would spoil a great relationship with our support if he went there.

He's a Bristol red end of.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Was that picture from when he took over Rovers, or did City fans see him out having a few beers on North Street last night..?! 

mate of mine was in there somewhere... he was almost in tears about it all... "new dawn".. "investment"... etc etc.... sad really

?????

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Let's hope they get relegated before they go pop then. What league would that put them in should they get wound up?

League 1 - League 2 - National league - National N / S - Southern / Isthmian Leagues.

Sorry, I didn't realise you'ld already been answered.:grr:

Edited by 22A

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks RLL but there's another one where some 15'er is sat in a bar, straight faced, telling a city fan they're mega rich and the city fan absolutely destroys him. That's the one I'm trying to find.

No worries mate. No harm in watching this one again though, eh?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

I'm a watcher of their two main forums, I read the vitriol ridden crap they write about us, I listen to the total nonsense my Rovers supporting brother spouts, I think of their attempts to grab AG and their quite disgraceful plan to turn The Memorial (to the dead of the 1st World War) Ground Into a supermarket, and quite frankly I will laugh myself shitless the day Rovers folds and disappears for ever.

Yes yes yes. I have so many top gas mates but I would love their club to explode. And thats exactly how they feel about us.

Take note you ******* do gooders ?

Edited by Loon plage
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They still clearly need educating on what a Franchise is, there’s only one club in this City that’s pissed off elsewhere and it isn’t us.

Look at city. They got big headed and thought they could push through a new stadium, via a billionaire owner. Once they finally realised they could not / should not, they found their senses and redeveloped their ground in 3 years with zero fuss. Also established a successful franchise to hoover up and support nearly all other sports teams in Bristol. Now planning conference / arena. It's bloody simple when you have money and spend it properly.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

They still clearly need educating on what a Franchise is, there’s only one club in this City that’s pissed off elsewhere and it isn’t us.

Look at city. They got big headed and thought they could push through a new stadium, via a billionaire owner. Once they finally realised they could not / should not, they found their senses and redeveloped their ground in 3 years with zero fuss. Also established a successful franchise to hoover up and support nearly all other sports teams in Bristol. Now planning conference / arena. It's bloody simple when you have money and spend it properly.

Shows just how appallingly run they are, when they look at us and think that we've "spent money properly"!!

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I heard one gashead on Radio Bristol last night say he’d want either Cotts or Olly if DC went....is that what you’re basing it on or do you know the consensus of more gasheads?

He’s watched them a couple of times recently & is Hamers friend & preferred choice. Wael isn’t keen on him however. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Look at the state of their team, as an indication. 

Add to that the fact that the amount they owe Wally & family is about the same as the value of the Mem, effectively leaving their only asset to cover their debt, which they can cash it whenever they see fit. 

They basically own nothing, have no players (possibly Slocombe & the Welsh one, can’t remember his name) that have any value whatsoever, crowds that fall short of their required break even figure, owners who aren’t prepared to spend any money about the security of the value of the Mem (which is already effectively mortgaged to the hilt, and they look to be heading towards relegation. 

There is a word to describe them... what is it now...?

Oh yeah. “Insolvent” ? 

Fingers crossed asap. :fingerscrossed:

Unfortunately for Wally being chased down Gloucester Road might not be as much fun as being carried down Gloucester Road.

• Like 1

The family club have excelled themselves this time, gobbing in a ball boys face? FFS! 

Doncaster Rovers manager Grant McCann has promised to seek out and punish the Rovers fans who spat in the face of a Bristol Rovers ball boy on Saturday.

"One of the ball boys from Bristol Rovers has come in crying his eyes out. If we find out who those fans are I'll make sure they'll get dealt with", he said.

"It takes two or three idiots to spit in a ball boy's face. I think it's embarrassing."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/localnews/2654675-Bristol/0#pinnedpost_5c0e255c28c9340657429e84

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The family club have excelled themselves this time, gobbing in a ball boys face? FFS! 

Doncaster Rovers manager Grant McCann has promised to seek out and punish the Rovers fans who spat in the face of a Bristol Rovers ball boy on Saturday.

"One of the ball boys from Bristol Rovers has come in crying his eyes out. If we find out who those fans are I'll make sure they'll get dealt with", he said.

"It takes two or three idiots to spit in a ball boy's face. I think it's embarrassing."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/localnews/2654675-Bristol/0#pinnedpost_5c0e255c28c9340657429e84

That reads like a Doncaster supporter. What utter scumbag does that?