IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s in my top two H - absolute mayhem on that away terrace, we were on our way back!

I get why many would say it’s their best away day and have no argument with that but for me Cov’ ‘77 beats it hands down, also Newport & Chester away were memorable for various reasons, Swansea and Brum in ‘89/‘90 were good fun as well, all my best away games seem to be at least 25 years ago !!!!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, harrys said:

I get why many would say it’s their best away day and have no argument with that but for me Cov’ ‘77 beats it hands down, also Newport & Chester away were memorable for various reasons, Swansea and Brum in ‘89/‘90 were good fun as well, all my best away games seem to be at least 25 years ago !!!!

Bradford City ‘89 is right up there as well for me....

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Forest too. That was a special night.

Getting soaked in the Open End for the 2nd leg, NOT so special.....   Walshy and that post.

What could have been

We'd have beaten Luton

1989 and it feels like yesterday. Shit, I feel old

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Getting soaked in the Open End for the 2nd leg, NOT so special.....   Walshy and that post.

What could have been

We'd have beaten Luton

I honestly believe we would have. What would have been the kicker though was that it was still the time of the English Clubs` European ban post-Heysel and the League Cup winners got a UEFA cup place back then. That would have been a sickener - to qualify but not be allowed to compete.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I honestly believe we would have. What would have been the kicker though was that it was still the time of the English Clubs` European ban post-Heysel and the League Cup winners got a UEFA cup place back then. That would have been a sickener - to qualify but not be allowed to compete.

Yeah true, but we won the Anglo-Scottish cup, nothing could trump that anyway

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Forest and Bradford were very good, the 5 nil at the Vetch stands out as well, Liverpool was brilliant too but it has to be Highfield rd for me, my first away night match.

Thanks dad. 

14,000+ City fans at an away ground....  Amazing night that no one who was there would EVER forget.

Dancing on the pitch at FT with the Cov fans...   Christ, bring me the tissues

Add to that being only 15 Punk new wave was in, music was great.. the world was waiting 

I;m almost crying  :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The ban also prevented Wimbledon FC’s crazy gang from competing in European competition....some clubs would not have known what hit them! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, miser said:

Best game ever - if you want bliss after having your guts put through the mangle. Sadly won't happen again as we'd get 1500 tickets max, not 14k.

It was a surreal night wasn't it? Had just a weird feeling all from the trip up in someone's car. forgotten who.. and i came back on one of the City coaches,  :laugh:   mad

but that was how it happened for me. Football really is the best thing going sometimes. Amazing

On 09/12/2018 at 18:26, Sarumred said:

Holloway has already been critical of the owners and so I think it unlikely he would go back to the gas even if they could afford him.

Surely he burnt his bridges when the gas played QPR reserves earlier this season in the EFL Cup and when asked on Talksport who he wanted to win, Holloway said QPR....loads of abuse aimed at him after that from ‘the loyal and few’...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Banners? Fan demo’s/protests? Na we’ll bombard them on twitter!! 

Perhaps we should all use social media to reference honesty, integrity, trust etc through outlets like:

www.ajib.com/en

mobile.twitter.com/AJIB_Bank

www.arabadvisors.com/hani-al-qadi

If they won't talk to us then maybe we should, indirectly at least, talk to them.

Hopefully they would then do the honourable thing and sell to someone more embedded in what BRFC is all about.

??? 

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Banners? Fan demo’s/protests? Na we’ll bombard them on twitter!! 

Perhaps we should all use social media to reference honesty, integrity, trust etc through outlets like:

www.ajib.com/en

mobile.twitter.com/AJIB_Bank

www.arabadvisors.com/hani-al-qadi

If they won't talk to us then maybe we should, indirectly at least, talk to them.

Hopefully they would then do the honourable thing and sell to someone more embedded in what BRFC is all about.

??? 

This will likely be as successful as when they threatened to load up their trolleys in Sainsbury's and then abandon them in the aisles in a 'mass' display of Gas disobedience. It was all hot air. 

40 minutes ago, miser said:

Best game ever - if you want bliss after having your guts put through the mangle. Sadly won't happen again as we'd get 1500 tickets max, not 14k.

Extremely hypothetical I know, but if the Gash ever do get their new ground and they played us there, do you think we’d see a return to the types of buzzing allocations we used to get before they quit Beastville?

Every time they’d come to our place we’d give them either the entire East End it at least a decent chunk of it while we’d get a measly few hundred tickets at Trumpton or Whorefield.

9 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

This will likely be as successful as when they threatened to load up their trolleys in Sainsbury's and then abandon them in the aisles in a 'mass' display of Gas disobedience. It was all hot air. 

All whilst they seem to think they ‘deserve’ a new stadium, training ground, and a rich owner to fund their superb fanbase.

Sums them up to a tee, the fake sheikh is having them over before their eyes, even confirmed by the Clarke himself, and to vent their anger they are going to Tweet a Jordanian Bank :facepalm:

Edited by BCFC11

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

All whilst they seem to think they ‘deserve’ a new stadium, training ground, and a rich owner to fund their superb fanbase.

Sums them up to a tee, the fake sheikh is having them over before their eyes, even confirmed by the Clarke himself, and to vent their anger they are going to Tweet a Jordanian Bank :facepalm:

And it’s actually worse than that , not only have the Sags dreams of wealth and European dominance been popped, and not only of the promises of a new training ground etc now dissapeared under the waves ......  but they are in real fpdanger of going under or into administration

I think any sag would settle for a stable Club playing at the Mem in all its glory and training anywhere they can , because that’s about the best hope for their future  , as it stands,  if they have one 

Ouch

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Twitter is fine - it might alert a savvy banker that they own a pile of ..... who demands his money back. Or a noble financier whose soul is troubled at this Yule tide and gives them a Xmas miracle. Personally I don't believe in Santa.

Sell

7 hours ago, miser said:

Twitter is fine - it might alert a savvy banker that they own a pile of ..... who demands his money back. Or a noble financier whose soul is troubled at this Yule tide and gives them a Xmas miracle. Personally I don't believe in Santa.

Sell

I think they are hoping for 3 wise men to appear

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

14,000+ City fans at an away ground....  Amazing night that no one who was there would EVER forget.

Dancing on the pitch at FT with the Cov fans...   Christ, bring me the tissues

Add to that being only 15 Punk new wave was in, music was great.. the world was waiting 

I;m almost crying  :laugh:

Thanks for clarifying. :noexp:

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

18 hours ago, phantom said:

They are at it again !!

image.png

I know that their fan base are generally as thick as pig shite, but surely the odd one with half a brain cell should pipe up and deliver the realism that getting 7-8k at home games is not “well supported” especially when their minimum break even requirement is (was, its probably more now) 9.5k. 

How often has their amazing support averaged their minimum required break even number in the last 60 odd years..?!  

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know that their fan base are generally as thick as pig shite, but surely the odd one with half a brain cell should pipe up and deliver the realism that getting 7-8k at home games is not “well supported” especially when their minimum break even requirement is (was, its probably more now) 9.5k. 

How often has their amazing support averaged their minimum required break even number in the last 60 odd years..?!  

Not averaged 10k since about early 70’s I would of thought! Absolutely delusional morons. 

• Like 1