IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Why do they think they're going to get someone better than a League One double winning manager when they were non league a few years ago, have not been at the top end of League one for decades, don't have the money to compete there & are barely in the league anyway?

I don't want cotterill. Rovers are going to have to come up with something better than that

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7920/steve-cotterill-rag-bag-rovers#ixzz5ZjVymcCY

6 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

But will they turn on me after i save them from relegation and get them promoted like the other lots fans did?

Hamer: ....“Well Steve, normally these ******* idiots would rather see their club relegated out of the entire League than kick up a fuss about anything. Saying that, they’ve obviously made an exception for you...because you used to manage City they’re on your back already.”

Cotts: “morons”

Hamer: “we know”

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Better still....

A chimp could get 82 Ltd promoted from L1 with all that fat controllers money pumping that vanity project up the leagues.  

I don’t want anyone connected with that band of petty criminals, thugs and ASPD idiots masquerading as a “family club”

Nobody. Not even a steward or a postman calling if I can help it.

Tough stance but a large part of why we are in this mess and D.C. lost his job is because Steve Lansdown deliberately sabotaged us.

So no Cotterill, no to anyone, player, manager or coach who was at that club.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/7920/steve-cotterill-rag-bag-rovers#ixzz5Zi42NhjU

What bastard planet are these belters on? :facepalm:

Well let's be fair, the blame had to fall somewhere else rather than at their own board.

It was obviously just us buying Taylor from them that caused Dopeys demise, nothing to do with being unable to sort out a half decent contract with the player, or selling Bodin, or selling Harrison, or getting Nichols, or getting Payne, or getting a left back who cannot get into a League 2 side, or pulling the plug on anything that costs money.

Still at least they have Babestation, out of date crisps and some fake Fanta - all Lansdowns fault.....

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I didn’t say that LJ was an expensive option, but he certainly wasn’t the cheapest one available. If anything, he was probably more costly than many who applied. 

You said it was “laughable” if I thought LJ was a “cheap option” when we appointed him....therefore quite reasonable to assume you thought he was an expensive option...

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Better still....

A chimp could get 82 Ltd promoted from L1 with all that fat controllers money pumping that vanity project up the leagues.  

I don’t want anyone connected with that band of petty criminals, thugs and ASPD idiots masquerading as a “family club”

Tough stance but a large part of why we are in this mess and D.C. lost his job is because Steve Lansdown deliberately sabotaged us.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/7920/steve-cotterill-rag-bag-rovers#ixzz5Zi42NhjU

If only it were true about SL.

If I had Steve Lansdowns' wealth and was trying to sabotage them there is no way I would let them survive this long after doing the deed, I would have bought them out and had the squatters evicted after refusing to give them any backing.

Once gone I would then rebuild the stadium to have Bristol RFC return to their spiritual home.

As it is having that sort of wealth is a pipe dream so I guess I will have to wait and watch Wally do his worst, well as they say "these thing take their time".

10 minutes ago, redcityman said:

If only it were true about SL.

If I had Steve Lansdowns' wealth and was trying to sabotage them there is no way I would let them survive this long after doing the deed, I would have bought them out and had the squatters evicted after refusing to give them any backing.

Once gone I would then rebuild the stadium to have Bristol RFC return to their spiritual home.

As it is having that sort of wealth is a pipe dream so I guess I will have to wait and watch Wally do his worst, well as they say "these thing take their time".

Wally is doing a decent job of making this happen himself ?

• Like 1

'Boring manager', 'Long ball merchant', 'just after another pay check'

They obviously didnt see much of us under Cotterill, 2 up top, attacking midfielder with a free reign, wing backs playing as wingers, centre defenders stepping up with the ball, crisp passing through the thirds. 

I dont recognise their comments about Cotterill ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Better still....

Have they forgotten where Walsh and Naylor came from? 

12 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The same goes for most professional clubs these days regarding ‘our biggest budget ever’ due to inflated transfer fees etc, so not falling for that bollox, shows exactly what sort of club they are for spending money on players when their transfer record is a whopping £370,000 TWENTY SIX YEARS ago! Massive club, who deserve soo much better.

I enjoyed the double negative in line three. Rovers would hate to NOT earn no money ?

On 13/12/2018 at 14:36, cityal said:

Just watch the sags on gaschat suggest some totally unrealistic options - their famous over optimism about the state of their "club" will come to the fore guaranteed. I am half expecting comments along the lines of "we could get Copello for sure! - we are da sixth richest club in world - unlucky da shit!" etc etc,  

I am fully expecting them to suggest a whole host premier/championship managers way out of their league (literally).

The truth is they haven't got a pot to piss in, and I genuinely expect they will struggle to find a decent league manager* - anyone worth their salt will surely take a look at what has gone before, they will see Dopey's recent interviews about them being destitute and start to ask serious questions  

* just for clarity for any sags reading this the league is four divisions not five!  

Mourinho will be in the job market soon ?

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

'Boring manager', 'Long ball merchant', 'just after another pay check'

They obviously didnt see much of us under Cotterill, 2 up top, attacking midfielder with a free reign, wing backs playing as wingers, centre defenders stepping up with the ball, crisp passing through the thirds. 

I dont recognise their comments about Cotterill ?

They pretty much mirror what many of our fans were saying when he came here..! 

• Like 1