IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is why Gasheads are admired up and down the country for their humble, down to Earth nature.

4AA73692-0901-4022-9639-0F625ACEF21E.jpeg

Isnt that the club that they wanted to model their training facilities on until they realised that it would cost about 7 million quid more than they could afford?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Crowd 8 bottom but one, black Saturday, no away fans but the faithful showed how to support their team.

There we go!

If it weren’t for ‘black saturday’ (is that even a thing?) there would have been at least 10k there obviously...

Funny how they slagged off our support at Derby, it obviously only applies to them! 

33 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Isnt that the club that they wanted to model their training facilities on until they realised that it would cost about 7 million quid more than they could afford?

So presumably the total cost of their training facilities was £7m then?

• Haha 1

Our Sag chums re Cotts, I really do hope it was him.

Was he there today? 

He got some abuse from us, especially in the first 20 mins today.. there was someone in box 1 who looked slightly like him but he got up and clapped when Fleetwood scored so I wasn't sure it was him... 

Certainly didn't get a warm welcome if was him!!

Kick-starting the post-Darrell Clarke era with a huge odd-goal in three victory over the impressive 10-man and manager dismissed Cod Army with yet another not-a-goal by the deadly Nicholls, in front of a colossal 7,159 crowd that Billy the White Horse himself - NAY - all the punched horses in the world would not have been able to hold back - that only keeps them in the relegation zone by the rotten luck of being more ineffably crap than twenty two twenty fourths of the third tier?

Why, there can only be one logical conclusion - Bristol Rovers are back, Bristol Rovers are back - whoa-oh! Whoa-oh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Was he there today? 

He got some abuse from us, especially in the first 20 mins today.. there was someone in box 1 who looked slightly like him but he got up and clapped when Fleetwood scored so I wasn't sure it was him... 

Box 1? Full name Bradshaw’s Snack Box 1 I assume?

14 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It is uncanny or do we notice it more because they are rivals. 

In a stunning display of ' I really should find better things to do on a Sunday morning', I have looked through the BBC website to come up with the following

Rovers 3 red cards this season , Rovers opponents 4 red cards ( Its 2-3 in league games only)

City 1 red card, City's opponents 1 red card.

This conclusively proves , err **** all, but at least we know now :)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Was he there today? 

They are referring to horse box 1. The once punched horse was given complimentary tickets as a sorry. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bert tann said:

The raucous celebrations following our momentous victory came to a sudden halt tonight when it was revealed that no driver can be found for tomorrow's open top bust tour.

Would anyone on OTIB be willing to volunteer ?

A fast bowler is preferred.

Is that because you have had enough of spin Bert? :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

In a stunning display of ' I really should find better things to do on a Sunday morning', I have looked through the BBC website to come up with the following

Rovers 3 red cards this season , Rovers opponents 4 red cards ( Its 2-3 in league games only)

City 1 red card, City's opponents 1 red card.

This conclusively proves , err **** all, but at least we know now :)

I think historically Rovers seem to have had far more opponents sent off particularly at fortress Mem 

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Haven't had a chance to say this in a while.

We're coming for you.

You have been sensible in keeping your powder dry until you`re 100% sure that this time it`s for real which it clearly now is.

After all, you wouldn`t want to look silly if it didn`t happen would you?

Happy Christmas to you and yours Miah, have a good one mate!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

What a load of bollocks that says absolutely nothing of substance.

The s*gs will lap it up and all will be rosy in the garden again!

#WallyIN!!!!!!

Edited by Red Right Hand

To save anyone else of having to go to the link and feeling dirty.....

Following the departure of Darrell Clarke, the Board and the owners are conscious that there has been considerable speculation regarding our future plans for the Club.

In order to provide clarity to supporters, the Board and the owners would like to confirm that our aspirations and intentions for a positive future for the Club remain unchanged. Hard work continues behind the scenes. Whilst it is not possible to share all details due to confidentiality arrangements, we wish to put on record our extreme disappointment that another development site that the Club have been pursuing is no longer under consideration. Many months of effort, and not inconsiderable cost, have been put into this possibility of a new stadium and training ground development but we have now been left with no option but to explore and identify alternative solutions.

The Board and the owners want the very best for Bristol Rovers FC. Supporters will of course be informed as soon there are important developments to share. In the meantime, we send our very best wishes to you for a happy and peaceful holiday season.

So it has obviously gone through the "politician" filter, lots of words but no real substance.
One question though, mentions training ground. They have land , didn't they having planning/building permission ? What happened to that then?

Just as I thought they`ve fallen for this load of rubbish hook, line and sinker. Pretty much all of them actually believe there was a plan which has fallen through and the statement`s not just made up bollocks to attempt to placate them and buy time.

They truly are the most gullible fans in the world. I`m going to pop down there and see if any of them want to buy the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

Edited by Red Right Hand
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

"Thus the City Council has decided that St George's Park is to remain a park. We also spoke with them about the possibility of siting our new ground on The Downs and were heartened by their response. The Council representative said that, in his view Bristol Rovers will play football on The Downs sooner rather than later."

• Like 2
  • Haha 15