IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

I believe I heard 20man say on the radio that dopey was bound by a confidelity agreement which in itself would imply some form of compensation.

I'm sure he'll take Stewart with him as one of his "backroom boys" to similar footballing hotbeds like Hartlepool or Scarborough.

Genuine step ups for him in terms of facilities then. 

If it really is the case DC walked away then his epithet 'Dopey' was fully justified, though he'd be in a very small and usually short-term clique of managers who'd done likewise (usually for entirely justifiable reasons.) It also wouldn't accord with his professed love-in with both club and supporters.

I for one don't believe a word of it....

Cockman on January window:

"Like I say there is one or two players out there I would bring in tomorrow to help out the football club and the CEO and the owners have backed me with everything I have done so far, they put their hand in their pocket for a Nandos the other day."

Steady on Wael...Nandos! Well there goes a signing on fee for someone.

4 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Cockman on January window:

"Like I say there is one or two players out there I would bring in tomorrow to help out the football club and the CEO and the owners have backed me with everything I have done so far, they put their hand in their pocket for a Nandos the other day."

Steady on Wael...Nandos! Well there goes a signing on fee for someone.

I hope they had better luck than I did the one and only time I went to a Nandos. It was in Manchester and myself and a friend ordered our food, we had sat there for about 20 minutes when the waiter came over and sheepishly informed us that "we have run out of chicken"!! ?

As quoted in the Evil Post today the new Sag Manager was quoted as saying “felt honoured to be interim charge of such a big club”.

You’ve got to give it to him, he has either got a cracking sense of humour, or is one sarcastic ****** (depending on how you interpret the written word)

Let’s just remind ourselves of how big Rovers are....

Yeah, he’s hilarious as far as I’m concerned...”Big” ?

19DD90B8-46CD-4985-A4DF-5E982B74F761.jpeg

4A7AC594-2775-4923-A8DC-77B0CDC0D0EF.jpeg

95B7EBC6-33CF-49E3-9C89-0A8307109B8C.jpeg

64C9C854-5EC5-4347-A4B5-F73A4D47E573.jpeg

AE9EA53E-6056-431C-9E8C-4A97DB927BB1.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, myol'man said:

Strange coincidence in the League 1 fixtures this Saturday has every one of the bottom 8 playing away games.

Gas away to Accrington Stanley ........Who will be in high spirits after defeating Ipswich in the Cup.

:gasmask:

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

As quoted in the Evil Post today the new Sag Manager was quoted as saying “felt honoured to be interim charge of such a big club”.

You’ve got to give it to him, he has either got a cracking sense of humour, or is one sarcastic ****** (depending on how you interpret the written word)

Let’s just remind ourselves of how big Rovers are....

Yeah, he’s hilarious as far as I’m concerned...”Big” ?

19DD90B8-46CD-4985-A4DF-5E982B74F761.jpeg

4A7AC594-2775-4923-A8DC-77B0CDC0D0EF.jpeg

95B7EBC6-33CF-49E3-9C89-0A8307109B8C.jpeg

64C9C854-5EC5-4347-A4B5-F73A4D47E573.jpeg

AE9EA53E-6056-431C-9E8C-4A97DB927BB1.jpeg

Not only are their young supporters forced to watch crap, it would appear from that photo that they're forced to walk through it to get to the grotto too!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would depend on the reasons for him resigning. 

If he was promised new training facilities, a transfer budget and a poodle, and all Wally could come up with was 3 stolen traffic cones and a calendar from Battersea, then he could say he was forced to resign and his career was being damaged, especially as he turned down a more lucrative opportunity to stay.

Could just be that he woke up one morning and thought... 'sod this for a game of soilders, I'm off'.

Two different reasons for resignation, one unlikely to see compensation paid, the other might be a more negotiated position.

Either way, why would a fan know the terms? 

Payment in lieu of notice = financial settlement

I quite like their new manager, lovely accent and chatting nineteen to the dozen on the local news earlier. I wanted them to have another Dopey twunk who I wouldn’t like, this bloke seems too good for them at the moment.

He is the previous defensive coach, so God only knows what he is doing now but couldn’t before. He says just giving them a bit of confidence has done the trick, so whatever did Dopey do to them. 

Anyway, hopefully the Honeymoon period is over. :laughcont:

7 hours ago, BS3City said:

In the spirit of entertainment I made the mistake of googling "cockman", hoping to find something amusing to post about the Blue Fews latest Messiah.

Please take my advice and DO NOT try it yourself!!!

Aaaarrrggghhh my eyes......???

After reading that I couldn’t resist.

Every image result was a picture of Henbury Gas. ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

I quite like their new manager, lovely accent and chatting nineteen to the dozen on the local news earlier. I wanted them to have another Dopey twunk who I wouldn’t like, this bloke seems too good for them at the moment.

He is the previous defensive coach, so God only knows what he is doing now but couldn’t before. He says just giving them a bit of confidence has done the trick, so whatever did Dopey do to them. 

Anyway, hopefully the Honeymoon period is over. :laughcont:

To be fair he spoke very well on radio Bristol this morning....said a lot about how he only wants players who want to wear the badge on their chest and give everything to ‘keep the jersey’ - he said those that don’t can leave....I wonder if the entire playing staff left today after hearing that!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair he spoke very well on radio Bristol this morning....said a lot about how he only wants players who want to wear the badge on their chest and give everything to ‘keep the jersey’ - he said those that don’t can leave....I wonder if the entire playing staff left today after hearing that!

I get what he’s trying to say but you’ve got to be really ‘special’ to want to wear that shite on your chest.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:40, Bristol Rob said:

Surprised to hear that, I thought the LMA generally advised and guided when situations came to a head, usually resulting in compensation being paid.

There was a phone in yesterday morning, the presenter John Darvall? was talking to a woman Rovers supporter that lived in Portishead. He asked for her views on several points, then went on to say that Will Hosken? had confirmed this morning that, DC had received no compensation, as he had resigned.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

There was a phone in yesterday morning, the presenter John Darvall? was talking to a woman Rovers supporter that lived in Portishead. He asked for her views on several points, then went on to say that Will Hosken? had confirmed this morning that, DC had received no compensation, as he had resigned.

What? Resigned with a gagging order?