IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't forget the Fewers also went to Dixons and got one of those massive televisions.

They are just waiting for Wally to count his Christmas money and once he has enough, they will buy the bracket so they can pin it up somewhere.

True story. Unfortunately they asked for the tv to be “Babestation Ready” which blew the budget out of the water.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

True story. Unfortunately they asked for the tv to be “Babestation Ready” which blew the budget out of the water.

Apparently they requested a 'DD' ready tv from Currys (other electrical retailers are available) rather than an ultra HD 4K tv....fools.

18 hours ago, edada said:

Comedy hour on radio Bristol where the gas new manager has just said that he doesn’t need new signings and the ground and training ground don’t need to be changed. He actually said that their facilities are on a par with the teams in league one and much better than Sheffield Wednesday! And they all rang in to thank him. You couldn’t make this crap up.

I imagine he must be talking about the training grounds because the stadiums certainly don't compare. I actually wouldn't be surprised if their training facilities are better than ours were when he played for us, but we've made improvements in recent years. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Notice Hollowhead is now saying he wishes he got the job - oh what fun we could of have had with him taking them down!

Could have completed what he started- in Jan 2001 he left them just outside the drop zone but with no home win all season in 6 months.

He's already got the impressive distinction of relegating 2 clubs in one season- could have got an award surely unique in football by not only doing that but returning to that club 17 years on and taking them down again!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

Wally already has his next interview answers planned - "So WAC, what has happened with the new training ground and stadium that were planned", "well Geoff, the lovely manager we have in charge now has assured us all that we do not need any of it to progress as a club, he is a great manager and a personal friend. What he tells us all is 100% true and accurate, and therefore it is a pointless waste of funds getting the plans and the building of such facilities". "I would like to reiterate it has absolutely nothing to do with rumours that I haven't got a pot to p1ss in".

You are forgetting the NDA that will prevent him from saying any of that.

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Image result for ian holloway DICK-HEAD

Talking of which .... from his new comedy spot in the Post ...

GettyImages-623630804.jpg

"Congratulations to Graham Coughlan on being appointed Bristol Rovers manager, having transformed fortunes on the pitch during his spell as caretaker boss for 5 minutes.

I wish him nothing for the future. It should have been me.  And I can reveal through this column that I envy him because I would have loved the opportunity to return to the club closest to my heart, but if QPR didn’t want me then I’d have to settle for Rovers, or a second stint at Hanham Boys Under 11’s.

One or two of my old mates from Cabree ‘eef have contacted me over the past few years asking if I was interested in the job, sobbing like that bloke who went through the Thatcher years and two divorces, but I had to let them know that I would have to call the police unless they stopped harassing me and offering to suck I off if I went back. I didn’t feel it was right to start dishing out some abuse to they sh1teads until an appointment was made. Now we’re coming for them, definitely.

Now, while I am pleased that Rovers have gone for a man like Graham, who appears to believe that Rovers are the biggest club in the world like myself and a third of my old muckers from Banjo, I want to make it clear that I wish I was in his position today, but with shed loads of money and the opportunity to get Neymarrrrrrr in.

Having had the privilege of being manager before, I bottled it when I realised that I might be the first bloke to take the club into the 4th Division and I’d rather resign than have to put up with any crap from those Sh1teads!. I didn’t even get as far as an interview because I was keeping tabs on QPR, but I want the fans to know that had the club wanted me, I would have played with me pecker all night with excitement and employed one of my chickens as my number two.

Rovers always have been and always will be my club, I only say good things about the Sh1t when I am on telly through gritted teeth, but those who know me know how much I hate the Sh1t and this is why all Gasheads are as obsessed with me as they are are about Dean Windass. I crave success for whoever is in charge of the team, but the media and other professionals in the game see me as a bit crazy, a bit of a nutter who builds chicken huts and attends anger management classes along with all the other Gasheads on banning orders, so what I crave and what the reality is are bloody poles apart I s’pose? Thanks very much let’s have a coffee.

More of the same here ...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/good-luck-graham-wish-new-2417090

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I imagine he must be talking about the training grounds because the stadiums certainly don't compare. I actually wouldn't be surprised if their training facilities are better than ours were when he played for us, but we've made improvements in recent years. 

Thing is they rent their current training facilities from a local (better run) amateur side. Next season however they currently have nowhere to go, so unless your training ground resembles a local park with changing rooms that stink of piss then yours is clear better.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I wouldn't count on it....

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

You also have to wonder why the mem has never been chosen as a neutral venue for FA Cup semi finals over the years......

To be fair... since all the “improvements” all the semi finals have been contracted to Wembley. 

That’s probably the reason..! 

• Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

"Congratulations to Graham Coughlan on being appointed Bristol Rovers manager, having transformed fortunes on the pitch during his spell as caretaker boss.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future. And I can reveal through this column that I envy him because I would have loved the opportunity to return to the club closest to my heart.

Lots of fans have contacted me over the past few weeks asking if I was interested in the job, but I didn’t feel it was right to comment publicly until an appointment was made.

Now, while I am pleased that Rovers have gone for a man like Graham, who appears to have the same passion for football as predecessor Darrell Clarke, I want to make it clear that I wish I was in his position today.

Having had the privilege of being manager before, I see it as a job to die for. I didn’t even get as far as an interview, but I want the fans to know that had the club wanted me, I would have been over the moon.

Rovers always have been and always will be my club, wherever else I may be employed. I crave success for whoever is in charge of the team."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/good-luck-graham-wish-new-2417090

So why did he say ‘QPR’ when asked on the radio which team he wanted to win in the cup match earlier this season between QPR and da gas?! 

More guff from Holloway for the gullible few to mop up....

2 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Can you match these training facilities? ......

training02.png.9214a768ab7a2018cec13bd1b8048ae4.pngtraining03.png.929a73f85ea391affd2c65961eebc78a.pngtraining04.png.df7267e66420ecbb84db61ac99691a1b.png

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Can you match these training facilities? ......

training02.png.9214a768ab7a2018cec13bd1b8048ae4.pngtraining03.png.929a73f85ea391affd2c65961eebc78a.pngtraining04.png.df7267e66420ecbb84db61ac99691a1b.png

All joking aside; if they can actually manage to play on that surface they can play anywhere.

Then again players and prospective signings must be thinking "I'm sure other clubs have better than this. I'll try my luck elsewhere".

10 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Is that a boat in the top photo?

Flood warning imminent

The only thing I can see is the roof has blown off the stand (that is out of picture) and wrapped around some weeds....

6 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

"Congratulations to Graham Coughlan on being appointed Bristol Rovers manager, having transformed fortunes on the pitch during his spell as caretaker boss.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future. And I can reveal through this column that I envy him because I would have loved the opportunity to return to the club closest to my heart.

Lots of fans have contacted me over the past few weeks asking if I was interested in the job, but I didn’t feel it was right to comment publicly until an appointment was made.

Now, while I am pleased that Rovers have gone for a man like Graham, who appears to have the same passion for football as predecessor Darrell Clarke, I want to make it clear that I wish I was in his position today.

Having had the privilege of being manager before, I see it as a job to die for. I didn’t even get as far as an interview, but I want the fans to know that had the club wanted me, I would have been over the moon.

Rovers always have been and always will be my club, wherever else I may be employed. I crave success for whoever is in charge of the team."

Two faced cockwomble that he is, wasn't bigging up his love for the Sags when they played QPR recently in the Carabao Cup....

Edit: just seen yr post @BS4 on Tour..., we're thinking the same....

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Like 2

They had a quick look through the ‘few’ CV’s that they received but had no intention of interviewing any of them, especially the ones at clubs already as they aren’t even paying invoices to contractors and suppliers ie: stewarding, security, groundwork’s, cleaners, all allegedly of course! Cockman was being appointed as soon as Clarke left, their new board member (ex Plymouth, coincidently) who knows Cockman very well, allegedly informed him straight away that the job was his, but the club wouldn’t announce it for 2/3 weeks to make it look as though they were taking their time to make sure they made the right decision ?

On 10/01/2019 at 23:45, ZiderEyed said:

Even got tinpot sponsors.

'office-beverages.com'

Sounds like a front for Russian fraudsters.

That "stand", well, you couldn't make it up, could you.

Well I suppose you could in half an hour.

'office-beverages.com'

'office-beverages.com'

• Haha 1