IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And then went on to say his fans shouldn't be getting wet. 

Have you seen your away end?? 

Following on from his ludicrous comparison with Sheff Wed he is clearly under instructions to deflect attention from their pitiful facilities.

Dopey was giving the owner grief so Wael has found himself a replacement who will toe the line.

Their gullible fans will no doubt fall for it as usual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Following on from his ludicrous comparison with Sheff Wed he is clearly under instructions to deflect attention from their pitiful facilities.

Dopey was giving the owner grief so Wael has found himself a replacement who will toe the line.

Their gullible fans will no doubt fall for it as usual.

all the way to League Two and beyond !

26 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

410 rovers fans at Accrington 

Massive

:laugh:

49 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

410 rovers fans at Accrington 

Massive

But they are happy with that massive result! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13678/accrington-gas-thread?page=11

We're unbeaten in 6 and picking up points. Making ourselves hard to beat. I would say we've definitely turned a corner.

Points a point , another clean sheet in crap conditions , I’ll take that. FTG !!!

That’ll do nicely, stopped an 8th successive win by Accrington against us ?
Onwards and upwards! 
Let’s smash the **** out of them cheating bastards Wycscum next weekend, out on the piss now to to celebrate a 0 - 0 against Accrington 

8 minutes ago, 22A said:

But they are happy with that massive result! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13678/accrington-gas-thread?page=11

We're unbeaten in 6 and picking up points. Making ourselves hard to beat. I would say we've definitely turned a corner.

Points a point , another clean sheet in crap conditions , I’ll take that. FTG !!!

Onwards and upwards! 
Let’s smash the **** out of them cheating bastards Wycscum next weekend, out on the piss now to to celebrate a 0 - 0 against Accrington 

They still think that Wycombe cheated them in some alternate universe presumably.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 22A said:

Someone remind me again, precisely HOW did Wycombe cheat?.

i used to work in HW, Bristol Rovers is a VERY dirty word (OK, words) in that town. 

54 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They still think that Wycombe cheated them in some alternate universe presumably.

Unreal how they still hold this against them :facepalm:  and the other reason they are so called ‘cheats’ was because the Wycombe safety officer put fans safety first, and abandoned their game due to lightning strikes, now who would they blame if the worst did happen? ?

Hypocrites.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Onwards and upwards! 

Listening the 20man on way home earlier when he read some of the fewers texts out on what an excellent point they thought it was for them today, turned to my old man and said if City ever get to a stage where a point against Accrington Stanley was an excellent result, I’m giving up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Listening the 20man on way home earlier when he read some of the fewers texts out on what an excellent point they thought it was for them today, turned to my old man and said if City ever get to a stage where a point against Accrington Stanley was an excellent result, I’m giving up.

Some gas caller was complaining about the Accrington ground!!

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

We hit something of a low under SO'D when drawing at home with Orient was treated as a triumph.

Anybody who complains about us currently might care to remember that. Me included.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

We hit something of a low under SO'D when drawing at home with Orient was treated as a triumph.

Anybody who complains about us currently might care to remember that. Me included.

Quite different, a lot of people were praying for SOD to be sent packing and a lot of people stopped attending in protest. It was treated as a triumph but only in certain, small circles. More widely we were seething. 

Interesting read of the Football Ground Guide.....Top review of Family Club Central ‘Camp Poo’ (as refereed to by my young son)

Bristol Rovers v Oxford United
League One
Saturday 20th October 2018, 3pm
Jon Brown (Oxford United)

Why were you looking forward to this game and visiting the Memorial Stadium?

Bristol's always a good city to visit, with loads of great pubs, and this is one of my nearer away trips as I'm exiled in Cornwall.

How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?

The Memorial Ground is a pain to get to by public transport, but we got the train from Temple Meads to Montpelier Station and broke the 30 minute walk along Gloucester Road with a few pub stops.

What you did before the game pub/chippy etc, and were the home fans friendly?

Walking from Montpelier Station up towards the ground, we stopped at the Prince of Wales, Annexe Inn and Drapers Arms - all excellent pubs with a great range of ales, and all reasonably friendly to away fans.

What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the Memorial Stadium?

I'd been to the ground several times before, and it's all pretty old-school - from the intimidating groups of Rovers fans patrolling Gloucester Road to the appalling views on the uncovered away terrace tucked in the corner. Still, I'll take that over an identikit plastic-seated ground on an out-of-town leisure park any day! In previous years we've got soaked in the rain, but this time we were staring into a low sun on a glorious autumn day.

Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc..

0-0. Enough said. It's impossible to make any atmosphere in the away end, and the home fans were quieter than normal - probably because their team (like ours) is having a very poor season.

Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:

I don't know whether it's just when Oxford are in town, but there always seems to be a bit of a threatening atmosphere on the way out of the Memorial Ground, in this case, accompanied by running battles between fans down Gloucester Road and dozens of police with dogs and riot vans trying to keep the peace. Once we'd avoided all that silliness we made it back to Temple Meads in time for a couple of pints in the Barley Mow, another excellent pub in a city that is full of them.

Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:

A visit to the Mem is a bit of a throwback to the 1990's, but worth it for the excellent pubs. Not necessarily a ground to bring the kids to though!