IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Unreal how they still hold this against them :facepalm:  and the other reason they are so called ‘cheats’ was because the Wycombe safety officer put fans safety first, and abandoned their game due to lightning strikes, now who would they blame if the worst did happen? ?

Hypocrites.

I don't care about Wycombe one way or the other and I like to think I'm a pretty level headed bloke. However, I was at the game where the 'lightening strike' happened. Admittedly I'm not an expert on such things . but I would like to think that if I was in a structure that was hit by lightening I would probably realise it had happened. Seemingly it was only their safety officer who saw the lightening strike, added to the fact that Wycombe had been practically begging the ref to abandon the game up until then ,  I'm gonna stick my neck out and say yes, the dirty  ******* cheated and I was raging at the time!

In the interest of balance, I freely admit that if this had happened to City, I would have found it extremely amusing :)

11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Let's play a game of 'spot the gashead' ?

DwuYZ9XXcAA6-YM.jpeg

Is that the 'we travel in massive numbers, it's what we do' away following? Never 410, you could hide them all under their single flag. More like 40 with 370 locked out.....

As they might say up there, 'Bristol Rovers, who are they?'....

33 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Wycombe had been practically begging the ref to abandon the game up until then ,  I'm gonna stick my neck out and say yes, the dirty  ******* cheated and I was raging at the time!

In the interest of balance, I freely admit that if this had happened to City, I would have found it extremely amusing :)

What goes around comes around...

9147FECA-6A01-40DC-B5D6-86CDE880AF2F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Is that the 'we travel in massive numbers, it's what we do' away following? Never 410, you could hide them all under their single flag. More like 40 with 370 locked out.....

I suspect the 370 fans were in the away seated section, which is out of shot. The 2,000 locked out would have been at the pub just outside the ground.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

We’re guilty of taking similar numbers up North but usually for midweek or Friday night matches. I don’t understand why the Gas only took 410 yesterday, especially as their form has taken an upturn?

In December they took 1600 to Sunderland and according to loads of them it had NOTHING to do with wanting to see the Stadium of Light. It was because they travel the land in huge numbers and keep tiny clubs in business each season with the money generated by their massive away support. ?

There must have been a bike ride somewhere yesterday I guess? You know how distracted they get by bike rides...?‍♂️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I suspect the 370 fans were in the away seated section, which is out of shot. The 2,000 locked out would have been at the pub just outside the ground.

Thanks for the explanation, Miah. I know that Accrington is a regular trip for you guys whereas I can't honestly remember when last we played there so your insight is welcome. It's a ground I've never had occasion to visit.

If we can ever reciprocate by giving your supporters information about the grounds of some of the bigger clubs in the country, which they'll only have ever seen on tv, we'll be delighted to help.

Hands across the water :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That is their “410” following? Doesn’t look anywhere near that....”we take massive numbers away, it’s what we do..”

I believe Rovers fans are behind the goal and to the left, seated. The ones behind the goal, and getting wet, were obviously too tight to buy a ticket under cover! :facepalm:

Edited by East End Old Boy

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Thanks for the explanation, Miah. I know that Accrington is a regular trip for you guys whereas I can't honestly remember when last we played there so your insight is welcome. It's a ground I've never had occasion to visit.

If we can ever reciprocate by giving your supporters information about the grounds of some of the bigger clubs in the country, which they'll only have ever seen on tv, we'll be delighted to help.

Hands across the water :thumbsup:

Thank you. Although once we get our shiny new stadium in Stoke Gifford/Hambrook/Mangotsfield/ Avonmouth/Severnside/Filton/Temple Meads/Frenchay/Jordan, we will be visiting those nice big grounds on a regular basis. #we'recomingforyou

• Haha 14

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Thank you. Although once we get our shiny new stadium in Stoke Gifford/Hambrook/Mangotsfield/ Avonmouth/Severnside/Filton/Temple Meads/Frenchay/Jordan, we will be visiting those nice big grounds on a regular basis. #we'recomingforyou

My money is on Jordan. Please go there.

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You forgot to mention the crazy idea of building a stadium at Hengrove

6 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't care about Wycombe one way or the other and I like to think I'm a pretty level headed bloke. However, I was at the game where the 'lightening strike' happened. Admittedly I'm not an expert on such things . but I would like to think that if I was in a structure that was hit by lightening I would probably realise it had happened. Seemingly it was only their safety officer who saw the lightening strike, added to the fact that Wycombe had been practically begging the ref to abandon the game up until then ,  I'm gonna stick my neck out and say yes, the dirty  ******* cheated and I was raging at the time!

What are these tin-pot rivalries you have with Wycombe/Oxford/Barnet all about ?

8 hours ago, adamski said:

Interesting read of the Football Ground Guide.....Top review of Family Club Central ‘Camp Poo’ (as refereed to by my young son)

Bristol Rovers v Oxford United
League One
Saturday 20th October 2018, 3pm
Jon Brown (Oxford United)

Why were you looking forward to this game and visiting the Memorial Stadium?

Bristol's always a good city to visit, with loads of great pubs, and this is one of my nearer away trips as I'm exiled in Cornwall.

How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking?

The Memorial Ground is a pain to get to by public transport, but we got the train from Temple Meads to Montpelier Station and broke the 30 minute walk along Gloucester Road with a few pub stops.

What you did before the game pub/chippy etc, and were the home fans friendly?

Walking from Montpelier Station up towards the ground, we stopped at the Prince of Wales, Annexe Inn and Drapers Arms - all excellent pubs with a great range of ales, and all reasonably friendly to away fans.

What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the Memorial Stadium?

I'd been to the ground several times before, and it's all pretty old-school - from the intimidating groups of Rovers fans patrolling Gloucester Road to the appalling views on the uncovered away terrace tucked in the corner. Still, I'll take that over an identikit plastic-seated ground on an out-of-town leisure park any day! In previous years we've got soaked in the rain, but this time we were staring into a low sun on a glorious autumn day.

Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc..

0-0. Enough said. It's impossible to make any atmosphere in the away end, and the home fans were quieter than normal - probably because their team (like ours) is having a very poor season.

Comment on getting away from the ground after the game:

I don't know whether it's just when Oxford are in town, but there always seems to be a bit of a threatening atmosphere on the way out of the Memorial Ground, in this case, accompanied by running battles between fans down Gloucester Road and dozens of police with dogs and riot vans trying to keep the peace. Once we'd avoided all that silliness we made it back to Temple Meads in time for a couple of pints in the Barley Mow, another excellent pub in a city that is full of them.

Summary of overall thoughts of the day out:

A visit to the Mem is a bit of a throwback to the 1990's, but worth it for the excellent pubs. Not necessarily a ground to bring the kids to though!

Those teds creating an intimidating atmosphere for away fans again 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That's going to be one massive stadium. Plenty of room to park the ice cream vans and close enough for the warehousemen of Avonmouth/Severnside to walk to.

4 hours ago, harrys said:

You forgot to mention the crazy idea of building a stadium at Hengrove

I actually was going to mention Hengrove, but I thought I may have just imagined it! As I am sure you will appreciate, it does get a tad difficult to keep up to speed on this particular subject.

4 hours ago, harrys said:

What are these tin-pot rivalries you have with Wycombe/Oxford/Barnet all about ?

Non existant.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I actually was going to mention Hengrove, but I thought I may have just imagined it! As I am sure you will appreciate, it does get a tad difficult to keep up to speed on this particular subject.

Non existant.

Not to you personally maybe.  I dread to think of what would of happened if Rovers ever moved to Hengrove (always a non-starter) you would of been penned in by the hordes of reds from KW, Hartcliffe Hengrove/Whitchurch 

23 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think every club has cheated at some point, although I'm not convinced we did over the Stockport postponement. Do you think City have ever cheated?

For the last fking time, he was NEVER worth £10m 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think every club has cheated at some point, although I'm not convinced we did over the Stockport postponement. Do you think City have ever cheated?

? you sure about that? I seem to recall despite having heavy rain forecast in the days leading up to that game someone conveniently left the pitch covers off, strange that. As for City nothing springs to mind.